Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Away - League Cup Quarter Final Pre Match

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Hope the players have more belief than us lot 

That’s it really isn’t it…belief of their convictions.

Tell us through their performances,they can still “shout aloud” through the rest of the season….Upset the new boys on the block, & show themselves they are not has beens of a short overrated period.

21 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

Another 3 - 0 loss .... I'm watching this with a NUFC supporter - I chose then wrong month to quit drinking.... 

Were you on the RL podcast yesterday? 

Felt like you were going to namecheck FoxesTalk at one point then thought better of it. lol

11 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

You must be living under a rock.

There are zero mainstream media spaces that are rightly calling you out for being blood soaked money cheats (and to boot having a persecution complex it seems), all they talk about is how well you're doing and how great your fans are.

Our owners are vile and shouldn't own a football club, no argument there. 

Dunno how we're cheats, mind you.

If we'd gone off and thrown £200m at Mbappe, and Bellingham and all that, run roughshod over the FFP rules and announced shirt sponsorship deals for £300m a year and shit like that, I'd say fair enough. But we haven't. We've appointed the right people, made some good signings, kept with FFP, and of course Howe's got the most out of the existing players, and the fans have got behind the team. 

There's plenty of references to our murderous owners, don't think I've seen a broadsheet match report that doesn't mention how controversial they are. They're not going to do it on Match of the Day every week, they don't have the time and they're there to talk about the football, not the mucky world of politics. It was covered at great length at the time, when we made signings in the first January, and it'll be rightly referenced whenever we sign a player or win something. 

If you want to read about it, read Tariq Panja, Miguel Delaney, Oliver Holt and so on.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We are taking about 900 which is pretty impressive all things considering.

I imagine the people saying 'piss poor' are actually agreeing on the side of 'all things considered'

It's less piss poor from the fans and more piss poor from the club.

It's the perfect indication to them of how things are right now.

Coupled with this 'no to general sale' bollocks.

Bet there's plenty of Leicester fans at Uni in Newcastle. Plenty who have moved up there too. Could have added another couple of hundred.

Not to mention those maybe an hour or two away. 

Also when they realised we were only reaching 900 the club definitely should have offered something to those 900, whether it be travel or some sort of offer on another away game in the future. 

When I was at Uni in Nottingham I went to Newcastle vs Forest and in the League cup, in the Newcastle end as always had family links there. Newcastle didn't go for any of this no general sale bollocks, they just wanted the maximum amount of fans making the maximum amount of noise.

It's a cash decision (to protect member 'benefits'), nothing more nothing less and it shows exactly how desperate we are for money right now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The purchase of Wood, a tactical move to weaken a relegation opponent wouldn’t have happened as well. 

A tactical masterstroke really. A kind of transfer market kneecapping. Nothing Burnley could do either, there was a release clause. The amount of money was probably well over the odds for a player of Wood's ability (no disrespects kiwi) but money well spent nonetheless, and Wood was most definitely a decent addition to the squad. Two birds with one stone sort of thing.

Must admit, I wasn't sure whether to applaud it as shrewd or frown at it being underhand... but it kinda grabbed my attention either way. (and probably more of the former in truth)

• Like 1

Wouldn’t it be nice just to break from the norm for a bit and the team gives Newcastle a run for all their money? So much has been written and proven of our problems I’m just so damn exhausted from it all. Need another marvelous nacho cup performance to bail us out. Win or lose let’s see a good game please!

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Bound to be a goal in the opening 15 minutes, if its them then we have absolutely no chance of coming back and if its us, as has been the case many times this season, we still have a very good chance of losing.

the bet is simple - us to score first and newcastle to win !

25 minutes ago, taupe said:

A tactical masterstroke really. A kind of transfer market kneecapping. Nothing Burnley could do either, there was a release clause. The amount of money was probably well over the odds for a player of Wood's ability (no disrespects kiwi) but money well spent nonetheless, and Wood was most definitely a decent addition to the squad. Two birds with one stone sort of thing.

Must admit, I wasn't sure whether to applaud it as shrewd or frown at it being underhand... but it kinda grabbed my attention either way. (and probably more of the former in truth)

Part of the dark arts that Eddie Howe brings. Behind the cheery, almost angelic facade hides a fabulous shithouse. His teams are truly outstanding at time wasting and referee influencing. The underhand transfer of Wood is also being replicated in how Howe is lustily chasing Maddison. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The underhand transfer of Wood is also being replicated in how Howe is lustily chasing Maddison. 

I feel honoured Howe considers us a threat! 

Bagging Maddison would absolutely knobble us but there really is no need, we're quite capable of knobbling ourselves!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jawdee said:

We are pretty strong at home. We've only lost two games, to City and Liverpool since Howe took over. The draw could factor in though with an instant penalty shootout afterwards.

I expect us to play for that, and fail. Still, won't make for a good game.

Even if Newcastle were to score early I reckon we'd stick to the plan and keep it at 1 with the idea of snatching one late on.

Cup quarter final and I can't get excited for it. Says it all really.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Were you on the RL podcast yesterday? 

Felt like you were going to namecheck FoxesTalk at one point then thought better of it. lol

hahaha yes!!! I'm conscious of being too specific in case it gets people into trouble lol

• Haha 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

there biggest game for years! of course they are! 

My point being, is whatever the reason for us taking a mere 900 fans to Newcastle, whoever's fault it is, be it the club, or the rail strike, or even Brendan Rogers, it's seen as embarrassing. It is embarrassing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I imagine the people saying 'piss poor' are actually agreeing on the side of 'all things considered'

It's less piss poor from the fans and more piss poor from the club.

It's the perfect indication to them of how things are right now.

Coupled with this 'no to general sale' bollocks.

Bet there's plenty of Leicester fans at Uni in Newcastle. Plenty who have moved up there too. Could have added another couple of hundred.

Not to mention those maybe an hour or two away. 

Also when they realised we were only reaching 900 the club definitely should have offered something to those 900, whether it be travel or some sort of offer on another away game in the future. 

When I was at Uni in Nottingham I went to Newcastle vs Forest and in the League cup, in the Newcastle end as always had family links there. Newcastle didn't go for any of this no general sale bollocks, they just wanted the maximum amount of fans making the maximum amount of noise.

It's a cash decision (to protect member 'benefits'), nothing more nothing less and it shows exactly how desperate we are for money right now. 

yeah i agree the club could have done a lot more and for some reason seem to have kind of forgot we are in a quarter final of a cup. 

But taking 900 to Newcastle on a Tuesday night in the middle of Jan with little to no help from the club is fine. 

Some of our fans just think we will sell out every away end no matter what. There is certainly bigger things in life at the minute. 

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

My point being, is whatever the reason for us taking a mere 900 fans to Newcastle, whoever's fault it is, be it the club, or the rail strike, or even Brendan Rogers, it's seen as embarrassing. It is embarrassing.

embarrassing by who? you are embarrassed that people for one reason or another have decided not to go to the football? 

So basically you are embarrassed to be a Leicester fan today? 

Hats off to you for making the trip (which i am guessing you are) you deserve some sort of thank you from the club.