Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Away - League Cup Quarter Final Pre Match

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think this is more about the team that Newcastle put out than the team we put out.

They had their fingers burnt by putting out a weakened side in the FA cup. I doubt they’ll do the same tonight.

I think I read somewhere that they'll go full strength, and that wouldn't surprise me one bit. As you say, not after the weekend. That said, we'll be putting out a full strength side too I suspect. Just that our full strength will be more who's available than an ideal starting 11. We're on a hiding to nothing as I see it. Who knows though, out of such adversity can come inspiration... or whatever.

I think we will go ahead tonight, then concede 2 quick goals either side of half time. Just would like to see a bit more directness and creativity but with the injuries we have and current confidence I just cant see it

1 hour ago, TheFish said:

You're mental if you don't think the media will be cockahoop if we get knocked out of the FA Cup and the League Cup, go 4 games without a win and haven't managed to sign anyone yet.

We're the bad guys now. Don't be surprised if we come out to Darth Vader's theme. 

I think that's what he was getting at and you misunderstood

16 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

When was the last time they lost at SJP?

2 minutes ago, Jawdee said:

Lost 1-0 to Liverpool in April.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Bloody hell. 

All good runs must come to an end sometime...................tonight isn't going to be that time though :(

6 minutes ago, Jawdee said:

We are pretty strong at home. We've only lost two games, to City and Liverpool since Howe took over. The draw could factor in though with an instant penalty shootout afterwards.

Forgot about Cambridge too. That must be a repressed memory. 

2 hours ago, TheFish said:

You're mental if you don't think the media will be cockahoop if we get knocked out of the FA Cup and the League Cup, go 4 games without a win and haven't managed to sign anyone yet.

We're the bad guys now. Don't be surprised if we come out to Darth Vader's theme. 

You must be living under a rock.

There are zero mainstream media spaces that are rightly calling you out for being blood soaked money cheats (and to boot having a persecution complex it seems), all they talk about is how well you're doing and how great your fans are.

16 hours ago, Neutral said:

Out of the players they have signed, only Isak is a financial outlier for a mid-table Premier League club, and he has barely played. There has not been much difference in spending between them and the likes of Villa and West Ham since the Saudi's arrived. Howe has done a wonderful job, they were relegation favourites when he took the job.

I’m not having that. Howe has done well but he’s had a big advantage. It’s not just transfer fee, it’s wages and a player actually wanting to come. Guimares, Botman and Trippier were key and wouldn’t have gone near the club before the takeover. The purchase of Wood, a tactical move to weaken a relegation opponent wouldn’t have happened as well. 

I remember going to the Sunderland league Cup semi final and getting plastered with their fans after. Nice people. I can't imagine doing that with most toon fans right now with their arrogance, it'd hack me right off.