Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Away - League Cup Quarter Final Pre Match

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m sure I went to a game at St. James’s Park which went like that ….. could have dreamt it …… I was sitting with the home fans ….. must stop eating cheese in the evenings  ……

It definitely happened! 

On 08/01/2023 at 11:45, KrefelderFox666 said:

I have very little confidence in us here. 50,000+ home fans will make it a fortress, Newcastle will want to win this cup and go for it. It could easily be 4 or 5-0.

Not sure what sort of team we will put out, I assume close to full strength. Forest is a huge game though. At least they also play this week.

...we cannot be afraid to walk into  the lion's den!!!

The self motivation of the players will see a different energy,  approach and mentality. This team feeds off big occasions and we are in one right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we cannot be afraid to walk into  the lion's den!!!

The self motivation of the players will see a different energy,  approach and mentality. This team feeds off big occasions and we are in one right now.

sacre bleutits

16 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Its a nothing match for us. Weve been in numerous quarter finals in recent years and have won the trophy twice in living memory. This years about making sure we are still a Premier League club with a dogshit injury depleted squad. Not excited about this game in the slightest 😂

Anything can happen in a knockout competition - what if we got through and had Forest in the semis?

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m sure I went to a game at St. James’s Park which went like that ….. could have dreamt it …… I was sitting with the home fans ….. must stop eating cheese in the evenings  ……

We were 4-2 up with goals from Kevin Campbell and Paul Moran, I think.

Micky Quinn scored a hatrick for a 5-4.

Only about 14000 there and a good 2000 from Leicester 

Totally gutted that day, but a great night out in the Toon afters.

Or are you on about the late Shearer hatrick, some years later?

8 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

We were 4-2 up with goals from Kevin Campbell and Paul Moran, I think.

Micky Quinn scored a hatrick for a 5-4.

Only about 14000 there and a good 2000 from Leicester 

Totally gutted that day, but a great night out in the Toon afters.

Or are you on about the late Shearer hatrick, some years later?

I reckon it was about 35 years ago …

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Or Man City over two legs? 😂

We could have drawn them in the FA Cup semis and lost. Should we have ****ed off the cup against Man United because of that?

Again, we should try our best at this stage to win, even if the likelihood is that we'll lose tomorrow. If we're on the decline our squad will have even less quality for at least a couple of seasons which will leave us with very few quarter finals to enjoy.

19 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We will get walloped. As soon as the draw was done, the club have treated the game with complete apathy. It’s a Cup QF and the whole vibe is we aren’t really bothered 

How have they?

I just get the feeling we'll start well here. As we have done in the Everton/Liverpool ties in recent years. 

Whether we can hold out for the full 90 mins is the challenge. Never underestimate Brendan's ability to shut up shop with an early lead and balls it up

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

We will get walloped. As soon as the draw was done, the club have treated the game with complete apathy. It’s a Cup QF and the whole vibe is we aren’t really bothered 

I don't think the club are treating this like that. We will play a strong team. The big issue is the fact we have been dragged back into the relegation scrap and have a huge game on Saturday, plus some key players injured.

The vibe is created by us fans who have had any enjoyment sucked out since the WC break and have just witnessed a comfortable 3-0 win for them at our place. The bookies have Newcastle at 9/2 odds on to get to the semis.

Of course, this is football and anything can happen. I would love this to kickstart our season post WC, but I am not holding my breathe.