Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

The "It's Not Politics, It's Only My Opinion" topic

20 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

A known liar and attention seeker declares that a known liar and psychopath threatened him.

The known liar and psychopath denies this.

That's cleared things up, then.....

Someone is probably telling lies. In my opinion.

I'm hoping the above post suggesting those telling lies get locked up, doesn't come to fruition, given how many times I've said 'nice to see you' to the other half's family :whistle:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

From who? Nurses? Rail workers? Teachers? Firebrigaders? Dock workers? Amazon workers? Barristers? Baristas?

The civil service union, PCS, was the first to call out over 100,000 members 
University and College Union (UCU – teachers in higher education has called out 70,000 members
train drivers union ASLEF will bring out the majority of its 21,000 members 
transport union RMT are also bringing out their driver members 
the NEU, the main school teachers union in England and Wales. 

Just now, ozleicester said:

The civil service union, PCS, was the first to call out over 100,000 members 
University and College Union (UCU – teachers in higher education has called out 70,000 members
train drivers union ASLEF will bring out the majority of its 21,000 members 
transport union RMT are also bringing out their driver members 
the NEU, the main school teachers union in England and Wales. 

The more appropriate question is 'who isn't on strike?'

• Like 1

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Amongst the rapists and domestic abusers this seems pretty tame really.  Still unacceptable though.

Yes, absolutely.  The absolute brass balls of it though, the ludicrous nature of it.  The sort of thing you'd find risible and unbelievable if it appeared in a book or a series.  At this stage I wouldn't actually be surprised if the chap was tripping his tits off whilst he was drafting the strategy. 

• Like 1

Politics is actually pretty boring now. The tories are dead people walking, and people still supporting them are doing it out of spite (“I could never vote for Labour”) or have insane amounts of assets to protect (minority). While obviously we are a first world country, the structures of this country are now in tatters as shown by the strikes. It’s time for an election but I fear this will drag on for at least another 18 months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

I'm on strike today. 

Sadly I'm also off ill, so I'm essentially taking an unpaid sick day. :ill:

Imagine the delight of the anti-strike coalition upon reading this. 'On strike AND off sick, that is sooo public sector...this country's gone mate it's a shambles, weak weak weak'

21 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Get a sick note... job done

I could do that. 

But they're covering my class anyway. So if I were off sick instead of striking, I'd be expected to plan for the school day - which I'm not prepared to do on a strike day. 

8 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Is it that easy?! In which case why isn't everyone on strike calling in sick???

Because you need a GP certificate confirming that you are currently unfit for work due to a significant reason if you're likely to be unfit for work for more than 7 days. If you are on strike, you'll need proof of illness during the period of the strike action in order to get paid by your employer.

Edited by Parafox
  • Thanks 1