Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WardyisPukka

Nathan Opoku

I watched Cleveland SC beat the crap out of Syracuse once or twice before the latter dropped out of the NPSL (US fourth division)  lol

What did I miss?!  Was a future LCFC player on the bench?!

I was actually going to start a thread about this because I've been thinking about it recently but this is as good a place to ask. 

Am I right in thinking we have never, ever, EVER signed a player "for the development squad" that's had any impact on the senior team? 

From Laurari to Pennant to the Slovenian meme guy, that Spanish forward a few years ago, countless 20 year old English kids, the Sheffield Wednesday striker that caused a shit storm there. 

Biggest impact any of them had was Pearson's son and that had nothing to do with football. 

I don't even think we make much money out of selling them when they go, most seem to get released with a whimper? 

Like we have a 0% success rate right? The only players we promote from youth sides (and don't get me wrong, we must be one of the best in the Prem for doing that?) are our own local academy kids that have been here since they were young, not guys we've signed who were like 18+?

It literally never works. I get why we take the Thai lads, that's obviously personal for the owners and is about training them. But what do we do this shit for? 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

I was actually going to start a thread about this because I've been thinking about it recently but this is as good a place to ask. 

Am I right in thinking we have never, ever, EVER signed a player "for the development squad" that's had any impact on the senior team? 

From Laurari to Pennant to the Slovenian meme guy, that Spanish forward a few years ago, countless 20 year old English kids, the Sheffield Wednesday striker that caused a shit storm there. 

Biggest impact any of them had was Pearson's son and that had nothing to do with football. 

I don't even think we make much money out of selling them when they go, most seem to get released with a whimper? 

Like we have a 0% success rate right? The only players we promote from youth sides (and don't get me wrong, we must be one of the best in the Prem for doing that?) are our own local academy kids that have been here since they were young, not guys we've signed who were like 18+?

It literally never works. I get why we take the Thai lads, that's obviously personal for the owners and is about training them. But what do we do this shit for? 

Daniel Iversen is probably the closest since we sold Sowah before he made his debut. George Hirsts few cameos don't count for a lot either. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Daniel Iversen is probably the closest since we sold Sowah before he made his debut. George Hirsts few cameos don't count for a lot either. 

But we're blatantly going to sell Iversen before he does anything of note too lol

I'm not going mad am I? It is weird. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jordan said:

King Power might as well try to use OH Leuven as a proper farm team and try to creatively develop players that are “projects” there. For all the talk of them using OHL as a “sister club,” they’ve been a total dud so far when it comes to player development.

Mainly because we’ve sent them players that aren’t good enough. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

How old was Andy King when he moved from Chelsea?

56 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But we're blatantly going to sell Iversen before he does anything of note too lol

I'm not going mad am I? It is weird. 

You're not going mad and we're probably coming at this from slightly different angles but it's a sad indictment of our academy and recruitment model below the 1st team.

You pose the question what's the point, where as I pose the question that we need to do it more, but do it better.

I have been horribly unfair on Brighton & Hove Albion in recent years but look at their model, they have a huge pool of financial resource they put aside for project players either in to their academy or out on loan. They are starting to really pay dividends there.

Our one return on investment is Sowah, signed for a nominal fee and sold for a possible £9m if add ons are met. In my eyes, that entire £9m should have been invested back in to the model and build from there. We've left our academy like a piece of bog roll hanging out a pair of brand new Gucci chinos since our move to Seagrave and none of it makes any sense.

No investment in better coaches, a half arsed attempt to have the brains of Paul McGuinness behind it but Where's the investment in the best young academy players in the area and surrounds?

Leeds are another club that have recruited very well in the likes of Greenwood, Gelhardt, Gnonto, Perkins, Summerville and others.

We need to do better.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jordan said:

King Power might as well try to use OH Leuven as a proper farm team and try to creatively develop players that are “projects” there. For all the talk of them using OHL as a “sister club,” they’ve been a total dud so far when it comes to player development.

I hate football sometimes.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You're not going mad and we're probably coming at this from slightly different angles but it's a sad indictment of our academy and recruitment model below the 1st team.

You pose the question what's the point, where as I pose the question that we need to do it more, but do it better.

I have been horribly unfair on Brighton & Hove Albion in recent years but look at their model, they have a huge pool of financial resource they put aside for project players either in to their academy or out on loan. They are starting to really pay dividends there.

Our one return on investment is Sowah, signed for a nominal fee and sold for a possible £9m if add ons are met. In my eyes, that entire £9m should have been invested back in to the model and build from there. We've left our academy like a piece of bog roll hanging out a pair of brand new Gucci chinos since our move to Seagrave and none of it makes any sense.

No investment in better coaches, a half arsed attempt to have the brains of Paul McGuinness behind it but Where's the investment in the best young academy players in the area and surrounds?

Leeds are another club that have recruited very well in the likes of Greenwood, Gelhardt, Gnonto, Perkins, Summerville and others.

We need to do better.

Yeah I definitely didn't mean "what's the point" as in we shouldn't try and sign young players I just meant more, why the fvck do we sign these specific players? It's always some already 20 year old pub footballer who clearly isn't ever going to touch the first team. I don't understand what we're doing with them.

Like, remember Raul Uche? Wtf was that all about? 

Honest question, not being rhetorical. What on earth was that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

This as been my biggest bug bear,since Pearson left,we have never produced any

senior player from the ranks..When you compare us with any other PL club,we are failing to push any academy youngsters forward and get them on the 1st team sheet…Not even in Cup games.

Its frustrating watching other clubs introduce 2-3 teenagers,in various games…