Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham (H)..up next.

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ward

Castagne - Souttar - Faes - Kristiansen

Mendy - Tielemans

Tete - Maddison - Barnes

Iheanacho

Tete gives us so much balance. Kristiansen gives us a lot of reliability and dependency already after such a short time.

Mendy needs to play. I like KDH but he's the one that is sacrificial as we definitely need someone to help shield the defence.

The front 4 could become electric when they're on it. Spurs' defence is susceptible and can be got at. A threat from both wings and centrally. Give Kelechi the service and he'll return, he'll also provide some service too and deliver.

Mendy is better at shielding the back line but we cannot press effectively with him in the side. I would go for Ndidi personally as he can cover the backline and also press the opposition. Maybe if we take out tielemans for KDH we could play mendy but that's unlikely to happen and we need energy in midfield l.

Rogers has played this lot enough times now and lost in the same damn predictable way every time. Surely for his own ego he wants to get one over Conte and do them?

he will really do his homework this time and will have a point to prove plus he’s full of beans now he has a ‘refreshed’ team!

9 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Rogers has played this lot enough times now and lost in the same damn predictable way every time. Surely for his own ego he wants to get one over Conte and do them?

he will really do his homework this time and will have a point to prove plus he’s full of beans now he has a ‘refreshed’ team!

I would suggest the last time we lost to these at home was the least predictable game ever

9 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Romero will be suspended now. 

Don’t know if that’s good or bad… lol 

He's their best defender. Need to go at them. They'll have a back 3 of Davies, Dier and Sanchez plus Perisic at LWB against Tete. All that said, our defence against their front 3 worries the hell out of me. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

We need to get rid of Danny Ward. He’s no good with his feet which puts our defence under pressure and constantly makes simple mistakes. Have a look back at villas disallowed goal yesterday. How on earth has he let that go through? 

Because for some inexplicable reason, he chose to have a sit down!

4 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

id like about the same sort of team as yesterday, minus Ward and maybe Mendy/Ndidi for KDH

for the love of god he needs to give iversen a go

One can only hope! This isn’t Villa where we can keep coming back after the keeper wobbles one in.

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

Why we didn’t go for Keylor Navas on a one year deal I just fail to understand. 

Cause his wage demands are horrendous

He's reportedly on about 250k/ week if not more at PSG, so even if you split them 50/50 which is probably the most PSG would be willing to do, you've still got yourself a new man with 125k/ week on the wage bill. That's 2nd only to Vardy if memory serves correctly.

While Danny Ward can be horrendous at times, so are the chances we allow to come at him, there's no real point in spending big on a stop gap keeper if we can't prevent them from being exposed to high quality chances. 

I don’t actually think we should change the team. No matter who we play we’re still going to be dodgy defensively and are likely to concede. 

Let’s just try and play to our strengths and attack and hope we score more than they do. I can’t help feeling that if we go with a more defensive midfield we just limit our capacity to recover if they score first. It’s Danny Ward and a defence that’s played one game together so we’re going to come under pressure at times even if we play 3 Ndidis.