Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham (H)..up next.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

without a DM we will be cut apart by them - Kane will drop deep into the hole and son and kulesevski have the pace to run amock ahead of him.  But Brendan rarely changes a winning line up ….

He does but he'll just end up matching them up in a back five sadly.

We need to stop being so nice to visiting teams. Yellow cards a rarity, and usually for something petty and no red cards all season. We need to get back to letting them know they are here for a battle, the crowd would get behind it. Let players like Kane and Son feel comfortable on the ball and you get beat.

I have moments of optimism for this game at the weekend. This is based upon the impact of our new signings and a better balanced team.

Then I remember that it’s Kane and Son - up against the likes of Faes and Ward …. and maybe even Amartey (:nono::S). 

And the insidious feeling of impending dread returns :(

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

As a one off game, this is game of the season for me. Beat these fvckers and I'm happy for weeks. Lose to them again I'll be reaching for a rope.

Forgetting your personal hatred for a minute, this is genuinely a huge game in our season. It was a bleak outlook for the month before Villa but winning there and following that up with a statement win against Spurs would be huge for us to kick on.

Fingers crossed everyone is up for this game and we have a great home atmosphere with a great performance. Would be great if we can be hard to beat at home again.

• Like 1

Hoping we can Dig in fight till the last whistle this one will be a tough game spuds aren’t exactly killing it it the League they’re just tending to have plenty of luck lately, if we get at them from the start not give them any time on the ball get Tete on a few blistering runs at the defence crossing to Nacho I’m sure we can give them a real game get the crowd on fine form I’m sure we can beat these buggers  !

Edited by justfoxes
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I have moments of optimism for this game at the weekend. This is based upon the impact of our new signings and a better balanced team.

Then I remember that it’s Kane and Son - up against the likes of Faes and Ward …. and maybe even Amartey (:nono::S). 

And the insidious feeling of impending dread returns :(

I know what you mean, l had a terrible dream last night..here's a still taken from it.

And before anyone says it yes, yes l know the other fella's better looking..

Polish_20230207_152917897.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Forgetting your personal hatred for a minute, this is genuinely a huge game in our season. It was a bleak outlook for the month before Villa but winning there and following that up with a statement win against Spurs would be huge for us to kick on.

Fingers crossed everyone is up for this game and we have a great home atmosphere with a great performance. Would be great if we can be hard to beat at home again.

Agreed, but I hate spuds more than anyone.

19 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Seems sensible. Either you keep KDH's pressing or keep Youri's tackling. Depends on the game plan. Keeping Son and Kane will be a task better suited to Youri's tackling though.

Not sure how in form Wilf is. But out of Soumare, Wilf and Mendy there's only one tackler.

I don't have your faith in Youri's tackling, if he manages to get enough steam up to actually catch someone he isn't exactly blessed in that department! Personally, I'd prefer Mendy. Hasn't got the tackling ability of Ndidi, but he's better at it than Tielemans and far less likely to give the ball away to the opposition which I think will be crucial. 

16 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Well all I can say is if we defend like we did last week TETE will have to score 10 for us to win , we were terrible, don’t care  if everyone thinks ndidi is playing badly we need him in front of that back 4 . 

Yes, I'd have Ndidi, Mendy and Maddison with the same front 3 personally. 

30 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't have your faith in Youri's tackling, if he manages to get enough steam up to actually catch someone he isn't exactly blessed in that department! Personally, I'd prefer Mendy. Hasn't got the tackling ability of Ndidi, but he's better at it than Tielemans and far less likely to give the ball away to the opposition which I think will be crucial. 

I have nfi how Spurs even play these days. Strider seems suggest they're counter attacking. Mendy will keep the ball, making them less likely to start a counter, but Youri, and I'm going based on stats now rather than form, could probably break down a counter attack better. KDH could press them I guess. I hope we don't try to win the possession game again anyhow. Our best matches, and most wins, seem to happen when we counter attack.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1