Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The rules changed in Europe when we hadn't qualified for Europe and they cannot seriously have expected us to do so again after a summer of saying we couldn't buy anyone until we sold fringe or soon to be out of contract players for unreasonable prices.

I'm not having that as a mitigating circumstances for the board of our football club. Stefan Borson raised a very valid point last night on our podcast that the black hole from the drop in revenue from failing to qualify for Europe pushed us to the brink, the lack of flexibility for this scenario is a huge red flag in the running of our club and rips away most of the sympathy.

But it's chicken and egg, if we spent money, and got Europe, you'd go most likely go mental saying we shouldn't have spent the money because we couldn't compete. The UEFA rule change was announced when we WERE playing in Europe. 

It was also widely reported that the premier league would follow suit with UEFA, which was reported as soon as the UEFA rules changed. And they've been discussing a change numerous times since. With 19 clubs apparently backing the change and Richard Masters saying “Over time we have historically aligned with Uefa, because seven or eight of our clubs play in European competition,”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/28/premier-league-clubs-set-to-back-uefa-style-framework-of-financial-rules

People can moan about being badly run, but with respect, it would have been amiss not to start pulling the wages back. 

And to add to this, I'm not saying there hasn't been mistakes, as I keep saying over and over again. I was addressing specific points and clearly said our own mistakes compounded the issue. 

Edited by Babylon

21 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Has anyone ever met him?

I met him in the car park outside the Bournemouth ground at the Fa cup tie the other week. He seemed really nice mainly due to the fact my son shouted that’s John Rudkin and asked for a photo he couldn’t believe his luck so he was overly nice. He can be nicest bloke in the world but he has no excuses for this mess and needs to go along with a few others!

On 09/03/2024 at 19:51, Chocolate Teapot said:

Apparently a good chunk of support started chanting "you can't prove it's his responsibility" (don't ask me to what tune) in response to it.

Hopefully to the tune of “You can’t always get what you want” by the Rolling Stones. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

£327,000, what the **** has he done for that money?

We're an absolute bomb scare off and on the pitch and have been for years. Yet he's sitting comfy on that wage 

Fml 

You look there relatively - you're getting what you pay for.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Unless you're Chelsea, or doing something dodgy (Newcastle director salary is 7k? man city's don't have a salary?)

This has zero to do with Director of football roles, and everything to do with corporate structure.  Most of these companies have a parent company and the directors are either paid from there or not paid as they are owners.  Top is not paid by the club, only Susan is a paid director.  Chelsea have several including Todd B, who no doubt is a paid director.

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

This has zero to do with Director of football roles, and everything to do with corporate structure.  Most of these companies have a parent company and the directors are either paid from there or not paid as they are owners.  Top is not paid by the club, only Susan is a paid director.  Chelsea have several including Todd B, who no doubt is a paid director.

Don't look up all the management fees we pay to KP and associated companies, because I think it might dispel that. 

As you say, they all have companies and they get paid that way, rather than through PAYE. Look up Gadbridge Ltd, with Susan Whelan as sole director, paid £100k in management fees from Kingpower Racing last year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Don't look up all the management fees we pay to KP and associated companies, because I think it might dispel that. 

As you say, they all have companies and they get paid that way, rather than through PAYE. Look up Gadbridge Ltd, with Susan Whelan as sole director, paid £100k in management fees from Kingpower Racing last year. 

Yes I am not saying they don't take money out, but they are likely not paid directors of the LCFC company (except Susan) so not in that original figure.  Management fees are a standard route to move funds around group companies.  Essentially, they pay the group for its management support to ensure tax optimisation, and also recharge people's time directly as well where they can.

Edited by Jon the Hat

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Don't think they have drop them for last season, due to things being so tight.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Imagine this is one reason the appeals and charges against clubs takes so long. So much money is paid in grey areas of the rules

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't think they have drop them for last season, due to things being so tight.

I think they were outstanding debts and unpaid last account. They aren't stupid; if things are tight, as you say, they won't charge. 

• Like 1

Nah it was pretty resounding I thought at Hull and a little bit of Sack the Board!

He needs to go for the Lee Congerton appointment alone! That man dug this hole we now find ourselves in! Sunderland only just recovering from his spell there!

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Did anyone get punched or spat at for daring to chant against Rudders? 

Bloke in front of me was questioning loudly why people were chanting that and he couldn't understand what the point in chanting it was going to do:dunno:

18 minutes ago, SickoDicko said:

Bloke in front of me was questioning loudly why people were chanting that and he couldn't understand what the point in chanting it was going to do:dunno:

Easy, don't chant it. 

21 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

Simon Jordan said recently on TalkSPORT that 99% of the time owners don't care what the fans think when it comes to hiring or sacking staff - they will purely make any decision on what they think is best for the club financially and on the pitch. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2024 at 18:53, Dan LCFC said:

He isn’t just tied to Leicester though, so could be getting paid via King Power etc. 

14 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Problem is we can’t sell the players we’ve got on stupid contracts without incurring even more losses on their value on the books. See Soumaré, Souttar, Daka, Kristiensen as examples. No club is going to come and offer us above market value for any of our players. This isn’t solvable in one transfer window, we are absolutely done for the next 3 years. 

That's my fear, too. We'll be paying for these mistakes for a long time.

On 18/03/2024 at 19:08, Mickyblueeyes said:

Was it Good Friday last year when we got spanked by Fulham and then watched Everton beat Brighton and Forest beat Saints ? Horrible day. 

Let’s hope this Good Friday works out better

On 21/03/2024 at 15:39, Viva said:

I don't have a problem with midweek matches. They suit me personally better than Saturday. Like I said in a previous post, not everybody works 9-5 these days so the switches will suit some and not others. 

I also prefer the days of being able to watch more football on tv than 30 years ago. With that, there will obviously be fixture changes which are unavoidable. 

18 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Surely he isn't the only one on ridiculous Premier League wages, whilst playing in The Championship ?

Vardy, Praet, YV, are supposedly on outrageous wages. 

Obviously how player's are rated due to performance is down to personal opinion, but even so, our wage bill is horribly off the Championship scale (if the rumours are true).

20 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Problem is we can’t sell the players we’ve got on stupid contracts without incurring even more losses on their value on the books. See Soumaré, Souttar, Daka, Kristiensen as examples. No club is going to come and offer us above market value for any of our players. This isn’t solvable in one transfer window, we are absolutely done for the next 3 years. 

It’s more the wages that they are on. No one going to pay Sourmare £80k pw, unless he’s willing to take a huge pay cut!

It’s a catch 22 issue, we simply can’t attract players, unless we are willing these wages. The mistake we made, is if we are going to pay them that much, then we have to do our due diligence to ensure they are worth it. Certainly Krisiensen and Souttar, were panic buys at the wrong time, in my opinion, considering where we were financially 

We need to get a chant going at the Norwich game to get the clown out. 

We need to make it clear that isn't aimed at Enzo or the players, we need them at full throttle. It's Rudkin. 

You've ruined our club,

You took us down,

F*** off Rudkin

You are a wet fish of a clown

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

We are going to have to do better at promoting from the youth ranks that is clear….and be patient.

Edited by JimmyC74