Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

17 hours ago, the draper said:

But Top employes him , Its clear he can't do the job 

By proxy can Top do his job ? 

Evidence is Rudkin and Top are going to destroy Khun Vichi's legacy 

So tragic for Top, cos he is so likable 

But enough is enough now 

This. 
Quick to take any glory as his doing.

• Like 1

From what I was told from within,  Rudkin was the reason Claudio was sacked.

They wanted Claudio to sign a new contract but he wanted his own DOF in (an Italian fella apparently) and Rudkin gone as there was a lot of friction between the two as Rudkin had become aware of Claudio's demands.

Rudkin was having words in the ears of agents which was cascading down to the players which is why our results at that time were not good.

Basically, as far as I'm aware, Claudio said "it's him or me, I'll sign an extension but I want him gone and my own fella in".......they went with Rudkin due to the close friendship with Whelan.

I do remember seeing an interview with Claudio months after and he was alluding to problems with behind the scenes people that led to his sacking but he wouldn't name who. It was obviously Rudkin tho.

36 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

They wanted Claudio to sign a new contract but he wanted his own DOF in (an Italian fella apparently) and Rudkin gone as there was a lot of friction between the two as Rudkin had become aware of Claudio's demands.

Rudkin was having words in the ears of agents which was cascading down to the players which is why our results at that time were not good.

Basically, as far as I'm aware, Claudio said "it's him or me, I'll sign an extension but I want him gone and my own fella in".......they went with Rudkin due to the close friendship with Whelan.

I do remember seeing an interview with Claudio months after and he was alluding to problems with behind the scenes people that led to his sacking but he wouldn't name who. It was obviously Rudkin tho.

He'd already signed a new contract after we won the league. Why on earth would we be offering him another one when we were hurtling towards the drop? He was sacked for that reason.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

LCFC remind me of an organisation that became lazy following amazing success.

2016 was the pinnacle in the club’s history. Both on and off the field we became loved, respected and held up as the epitome of how to run a football club. Vardy’s record, Nessun Dorma, Ranners etc.. it was an amazing time to be a City fan.

But I think the board and Top then became cats who had got the cream.

30 million was spent on Slimani, at 100k per week. Other players joined who added nothing to the first team. Relative to a club of our size, we spent big and gave our players lucrative salaries.

It’s looking now like Rodgers actually punched well above his/our weight, for a couple of seasons, given what looks to have been  happening behind the scenes. He then realised how financially wrecked we were, lost interest, and in true Rodger’s fashion, gave up and looked after himself.

Surely linked in large part to Vichai’s untimely death, the club started to become lazy. Signings were made in panic. Eg Bertrand at 75k per week who hardly ever put a City shirt on. Soumare was hugely disappointing, Vestergaard was left sitting in the reserves.

I think the fans have too. Bouyed by untold success, many stuck behind signings that were clearly never going to be good enough at Premiership level. Stout defences were made of players like Slimani’s ability, Soumare, Amartey, Faes etc. And all the time the club was drifting in a downward spiral. 
Top sticking with loyalty to the likes of Rudkin showed us what was going wrong with the club. It needed a re-set, some new faces, fresh ideas and fresh impetus. But Rudders had played a big part in the title winning triumph, so had credit in the bank, so to speak.

Now, we look to be suffering the consequences of generally poor organisational management. I’m not really of the opinion which defends the club for ‘sticking up for itself’ , given the charges being made. I don’t think we ever needed to get into this position. We knew what the rules are. It’s a complete different argument to whether the rules are ‘fair’ or not. They are what they are, we knew them and it looks like we largely ignored them.

Whatever now happens on the pitch, I think that OFF the pitch we need a clear out. I worry about the future of the club where the management who effectively got us to where we are now, are given the agency to get us out of it.

Great post. The bigger problem at large for me is Top's blind loyalty to Rudkin & Whelan make him as culpable as those pair. For me it's a plain as day to see that Top just isn't cut from the same cloth as his Dad as much as it is painful for a lot of us to admit. How long do we carry on idolising this man based on his Father's achievements.

2 minutes ago, HarryTheGenie said:

Great post. The bigger problem at large for me is Top's blind loyalty to Rudkin & Whelan make him as culpable as those pair. For me it's a plain as day to see that Top just isn't cut from the same cloth as his Dad as much as it is painful for a lot of us to admit. How long do we carry on idolising this man based on his Father's achievements.

100%

All 3 moving on could be the fresh start we seem to need.

The folk that seem to think he’s untouchable because of what his dad achieved have the same mentality as those that said Boris was “trying his best” in the pandemic. 

If your job is to run a club and it’s failing, that’s your fault, if it’s successful that’s also your fault.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd already signed a new contract after we won the league. Why on earth would we be offering him another one when we were hurtling towards the drop? He was sacked for that reason.

Can't answer that I'm afraid.

What I posted was what I was told from a PA based at the training ground.

CR wanted his own DOF, wouldn't sign a contract unless JR was moved on/out so the club sacked Claudio in favour of JR as it was untenable and CR's players had had their ears bent by agents who JR had good relationships with and results reflected this.

All internal politics I guess. 

1 minute ago, ElusiveEd said:

Can't answer that I'm afraid.

What I posted was what I was told from a PA based at the training ground.

CR wanted his own DOF, wouldn't sign a contract unless JR was moved on/out so the club sacked Claudio in favour of JR as it was untenable and CR's players had had their ears bent by agents who JR had good relationships with and results reflected this.

All internal politics I guess. 

He'd signed a new 4 year deal so this cannot be entirely correct. Perhaps the conflict happened when he did end up signing the contract and was a ticking time bomb, wouldn't surprise me if he wanted his own man as he'd started making lots of changes as soon as we resumed back from pre-season.

52 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Ranieri was Ranieris biggest problem that season. 

As if we’re blaming Rudkin for the downturn in our performances after the stupid changes made by Ranieri. 

I want Rudkin gone because a lot of our stagnation is under his remit as the DOF over many years. He should be under severe pressure that’s down to Top. An organisation clearly not working. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd signed a new 4 year deal so this cannot be entirely correct. Perhaps the conflict happened when he did end up signing the contract and was a ticking time bomb, wouldn't surprise me if he wanted his own man as he'd started making lots of changes as soon as we resumed back from pre-season.

I agree.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Things did start to make sense surrounding his sacking as, if I remember correctly, there was a resounding shock around the footballing world after where CR took us. It just had to be internal politics.

(Always enjoy your balanced posts Ric)

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

LCFC remind me of an organisation that became lazy following amazing success.

2016 was the pinnacle in the club’s history. Both on and off the field we became loved, respected and held up as the epitome of how to run a football club. Vardy’s record, Nessun Dorma, Ranners etc.. it was an amazing time to be a City fan.

But I think the board and Top then became cats who had got the cream.

30 million was spent on Slimani, at 100k per week. Other players joined who added nothing to the first team. Relative to a club of our size, we spent big and gave our players lucrative salaries.

It’s looking now like Rodgers actually punched well above his/our weight, for a couple of seasons, given what looks to have been  happening behind the scenes. He then realised how financially wrecked we were, lost interest, and in true Rodger’s fashion, gave up and looked after himself.

Surely linked in large part to Vichai’s untimely death, the club started to become lazy. Signings were made in panic. Eg Bertrand at 75k per week who hardly ever put a City shirt on. Soumare was hugely disappointing, Vestergaard was left sitting in the reserves.

I think the fans have too. Bouyed by untold success, many stuck behind signings that were clearly never going to be good enough at Premiership level. Stout defences were made of players like Slimani’s ability, Soumare, Amartey, Faes etc. And all the time the club was drifting in a downward spiral. 
Top sticking with loyalty to the likes of Rudkin showed us what was going wrong with the club. It needed a re-set, some new faces, fresh ideas and fresh impetus. But Rudders had played a big part in the title winning triumph, so had credit in the bank, so to speak.

Now, we look to be suffering the consequences of generally poor organisational management. I’m not really of the opinion which defends the club for ‘sticking up for itself’ , given the charges being made. I don’t think we ever needed to get into this position. We knew what the rules are. It’s a complete different argument to whether the rules are ‘fair’ or not. They are what they are, we knew them and it looks like we largely ignored them.

Whatever now happens on the pitch, I think that OFF the pitch we need a clear out. I worry about the future of the club where the management who effectively got us to where we are now, are given the agency to get us out of it.

Great post. 

“Credit in the bank” is a term that’s been thrown around quite a lot over the recent years….. Rodgers behaviours just highlights how lazy this club became, he was allowed to spend the best part of a year and a half kicking the soil beneath his feet not looking interested….. 

Some have tried to defend the likes of Rudkin, but the running of the club stops with him, Whelan and Top, all of whom have royally ****ed us up. 

It will be interesting to see what the match day reaction is like? Because really Top and co should be getting pelters from the fans….. but will they? They will probably just try and give everyone a beer and a doughnut to shut everyone up.

Didn’t they do this V West Ham last season? If I remember correctly, I was ****ing fuming to see the vast majority of the fans all stood having a free beer and cake or whatever it was when we were on the brink of disaster……

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ElusiveEd said:

This is all fairly accurate a board member at the time told me the same so I guess we heard it from same fella 

Rudkin even helps pick the horses, he doesn't even know what a saddle looks like FFS 

His grip over this family suggets he knows too much 

To free ourselves of Rudkin we need to free ourselves of Top 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Great post. 

“Credit in the bank” is a term that’s been thrown around quite a lot over the recent years….. Rodgers behaviours just highlights how lazy this club became, he was allowed to spend the best part of a year and a half kicking the soil beneath his feet not looking interested….. 

Some have tried to defend the likes of Rudkin, but the running of the club stops with him, Whelan and Top, all of whom have royally ****ed us up. 

It will be interesting to see what the match day reaction is like? Because really Top and co should be getting pelters from the fans….. but will they? They will probably just try and give everyone a beer and a doughnut to shut everyone up.

Didn’t they do this V West Ham last season? If I remember correctly, I was ****ing fuming to see the vast majority of the fans all stood having a free beer and cake or whatever it was when we were on the brink of disaster……

On two occasions ive seen fans ask who Rudkin is on hearing ‘Rudkin Out’ chants.

I can’t see the day ever where the fanbase turns on the top table at all.

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

On two occasions ive seen fans ask who Rudkin is on hearing ‘Rudkin Out’ chants.

I can’t see the day ever where the fanbase turns on the top table at all.

You’re right. I don’t think it will either…… 70% are just complicit. Wandering out on 80 minute. We’d probably go bust, and half of them would turn up next week wondering what’s going on.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

You’re right. I don’t think it will either…… 70% are just complicit. Wandering out on 80 minute. We’d probably go bust, and half of them would turn up next week wondering what’s going on.

Spiralling off thread theme, we aren't really a 30k club. Never have been. The 30k a week is a relatively new phenomenon. Our core is perhaps 18k, along the lines of Portsmouth or Middlesbrough. 

The additional 12k are zombified. Amongst the, if not the, thickest fans in the league. They enjoy it, sure, but have no fix, no respect, no enjoyment on the culture (and I'd add the responsibility) of football support. Turn up as if it's a church fete, with cake and flask and politely applauding the junior brass band murdering Elgar's Nimrod. 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Spiralling off thread theme, we aren't really a 30k club. Never have been. The 30k a week is a relatively new phenomenon. Our core is perhaps 18k, along the lines of Portsmouth or Middlesbrough. 

The additional 12k are zombified. Amongst the, if not the, thickest fans in the league. They enjoy it, sure, but have no fix, no respect, no enjoyment on the culture (and I'd add the responsibility) of football support. Turn up as if it's a church fete, with cake and flask and politely applauding the junior brass band murdering Elgar's Nimrod. 

I agree that there’s a large majority who aren’t football fans. They just follow Leicester because it’s “what my old man did”…. There’s a few people around me who couldn’t tell you every team in the championship, because they don’t follow football outside of the club.

Which is why like you say, the majority of the fan base will never turn on Top, they would clap us to extinction if it wasn’t for the free beer they were holding. 

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Just now, Happy Fox said:

We need new ownership, new leadership to take our club forward even if we have a slow couple of transition years. 

Pains me to say it, but I think you're right. And now is the time to do it while there's still at least some worldwide regonition of who the club is based on recent successes. Otherwise I can see us fading back into obscurity and potentially reaching Derby County levels of financial ruin, sanctions and relegations.

I agree that’s a good point in 2013/14 season you could easily get tickets for home and away games after years in the Championship and League1 without being a season ticket holder. We were getting about 25k for home games if I remember other than the last few  promotion was nailed on and everyone came out the woodwork.

On Rudkin he is clearly promoted out of his depth and has no other business experience other than working for LCFC. Loyal yes, experienced and decisive, no!