Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

2 hours ago, Lad1966 said:

It’s more the wages that they are on. No one going to pay Sourmare £80k pw, unless he’s willing to take a huge pay cut!

It’s a catch 22 issue, we simply can’t attract players, unless we are willing these wages. The mistake we made, is if we are going to pay them that much, then we have to do our due diligence to ensure they are worth it. Certainly Krisiensen and Souttar, were panic buys at the wrong time, in my opinion, considering where we were financially 

And yet last year we were going to pay a fortune to leeds for Harrison? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KFS said:

How is he still in a job? Folk like you and I would be on the dole at this point 3 years ago.

Probably because of his role in the academy many years ago.

24 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Probably because of his role in the academy many years ago.

Had helped the development of King, Heskey etc progress from the club's academy.

13 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Had helped the development of King, Heskey etc progress from the club's academy.

But if that is what he's good at, he should have stopped there. We need an experienced DoF and team now. The novice approach has failed 

But Top employes him , Its clear he can't do the job 

By proxy can Top do his job ? 

Evidence is Rudkin and Top are going to destroy Khun Vichi's legacy 

So tragic for Top, cos he is so likable 

But enough is enough now 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

LCFC remind me of an organisation that became lazy following amazing success.

2016 was the pinnacle in the club’s history. Both on and off the field we became loved, respected and held up as the epitome of how to run a football club. Vardy’s record, Nessun Dorma, Ranners etc.. it was an amazing time to be a City fan.

But I think the board and Top then became cats who had got the cream.

30 million was spent on Slimani, at 100k per week. Other players joined who added nothing to the first team. Relative to a club of our size, we spent big and gave our players lucrative salaries.

It’s looking now like Rodgers actually punched well above his/our weight, for a couple of seasons, given what looks to have been  happening behind the scenes. He then realised how financially wrecked we were, lost interest, and in true Rodger’s fashion, gave up and looked after himself.

Surely linked in large part to Vichai’s untimely death, the club started to become lazy. Signings were made in panic. Eg Bertrand at 75k per week who hardly ever put a City shirt on. Soumare was hugely disappointing, Vestergaard was left sitting in the reserves.

I think the fans have too. Bouyed by untold success, many stuck behind signings that were clearly never going to be good enough at Premiership level. Stout defences were made of players like Slimani’s ability, Soumare, Amartey, Faes etc. And all the time the club was drifting in a downward spiral. 
Top sticking with loyalty to the likes of Rudkin showed us what was going wrong with the club. It needed a re-set, some new faces, fresh ideas and fresh impetus. But Rudders had played a big part in the title winning triumph, so had credit in the bank, so to speak.

Now, we look to be suffering the consequences of generally poor organisational management. I’m not really of the opinion which defends the club for ‘sticking up for itself’ , given the charges being made. I don’t think we ever needed to get into this position. We knew what the rules are. It’s a complete different argument to whether the rules are ‘fair’ or not. They are what they are, we knew them and it looks like we largely ignored them.

Whatever now happens on the pitch, I think that OFF the pitch we need a clear out. I worry about the future of the club where the management who effectively got us to where we are now, are given the agency to get us out of it.

Excellent mate 

He’s shown zero capability in sorting out our horrendous wage bill over the past 12 months and nothing suggests he’ll do anything useful this summer either. Whilst we have very big problems already now, if we don’t go up we are just at the start of them, given who is on our books and contract lengths there’s no way we will be within the permitted loss level next year either, players on fat contracts won’t want to leave and so we’ll have an unbalanced squad, operating in various special measures and going further and further backwards. Basket case waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

given his record, not sure anyone can credibly see him being part of the solution.

We will need a best of class operator to steady the ship / let alone help us advance.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

At this stage, Top is the biggest problem at the club for me. Far bigger than Rudkin/Whelan 

I think you are right.  He needs to assert a direction of travel to win the confide ce of fans.  He needs to show this leadership now.

I am waiting for the usual suspects to come on here and start defending Rudkin by saying he is not to blame for the Financial mess we now find ourselves in.

He really needs to gone as he must be responsible for something at the Club…..

Edited by mozartfox

19 hours ago, Turtle27 said:

Can’t afford to pay him off…… financial fair play 🙄

Can someone with some Photoshop skills do a Keith Lard on him so he can be sacked without a payoff?

H1gE8Q81_400x400.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I am waiting for the usual suspects to come on here and start defending Rudkin by saying he is not to blame for the Financial mess we now find ourselves in.

He really needs to gone as he must be responsible for something at the Club…..

Who are the usual suspects?

• Like 1