Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2023

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Virgo hates Selby doesn’t he, every non perfect shot is a dreadful mistake.

He hates everyone it seems. Slates shots all the time. When Hendry does it fair enough as he's won the lot but Virgo was a mediocre player at best.

10 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Just about to post the exact same thing.  He looked distracted before they even came out.  Maybe he did that as ronnie did it to him in the german qualifiers???

100%. Not the time and place to be making a point though. Yeah he was definitely fidgety before it even started 

Absolute suicide comments from Vafaei let's be honest, was likely to get a bit of a tonking over the best of 25 but the last thing you need to be doing is getting Ronnie fired up before it even starts.

Fair enough if you have the game to cope with it, I mean Selby still gets in Ronnie's head but he has the talent/temperament to deal with what's coming but Vafaei over this distance? lol

over confidence maybe because hes had a good 12 months or so??

21 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Vafaei is looking the total idiot here, smashing the balls open on the break, and now 6-2 down. 

In response to what Ronnie did to him a couple of years back. 

Edited by Bert

29 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Absolute suicide comments from Vafaei let's be honest, was likely to get a bit of a tonking over the best of 25 but the last thing you need to be doing is getting Ronnie fired up before it even starts.

Fair enough if you have the game to cope with it, I mean Selby still gets in Ronnie's head but he has the talent/temperament to deal with what's coming but Vafaei over this distance? lol

over confidence maybe because hes had a good 12 months or so??

Vafaei certainly has the talent. But don’t run before you can walk. It’s certainly not paid off for him and it’ll be a big lesson learnt, I’m sure. 

It’s interesting that the players who truly get into Ronnie’s head are the one’s who do the talking on the table, and grind him into the abyss. Thinking Selby and McGill in particular.

HOWEVER, the sport needs a bit of theatre and I’m all for Vaefei showing some personality. It got people interested in this game for example and I find the slagging off of Vaefei an example of why snooker isn’t attracting new fans. 

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It’s interesting that the players who truly get into Ronnie’s head are the one’s who do the talking on the table, and grind him into the abyss. Thinking Selby and McGill in particular.

HOWEVER, the sport needs a bit of theatre and I’m all for Vaefei showing some personality. It got people interested in this game for example and I find the slagging off of Vaefei an example of why snooker isn’t attracting new fans. 

I was just correctly pointing out that it was idiotic and immediately hands Ronnie the advantage from the off. No doubt it makes things more exciting though 

23 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I was just correctly pointing out that it was idiotic and immediately hands Ronnie the advantage from the off. No doubt it makes things more exciting though 

I think it’s more a point of you “you might be better than me, but I won’t let you bully me” 

• Like 1