Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RonnieTodger

Jobsworth Behaviour

Guest Mee-9
4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

During Covid I wasn't let into a well known supermarket. Ended in them calling security on me, it was weird power behaviour.

Looking back, I do think the whole world lost it's ****ing mind. 

People getting huge fines for walking their dogs. Mad power trip. 

8 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Looking back, I do think the whole world lost it's ****ing mind. 

People getting huge fines for walking their dogs. Mad power trip. 

Not sure about the "power trip" in general, and there may have been some guilty of this. However, it seems to me in retrospect, that no-one really knew what they were supposed to do.

• Like 1

Fella in the library.

It had been a while since I had used a city library so my card needed reactivating.

Ok says I, "Can you do that?"

"Have you any proof of ID." He replies.

I show him my city council ID badge.

"Nah", he says, "I need something with your address on it".

I asked him if he could see my address on his screen, he said he could. I then offered to confirm it by telling him what it was

"Nah", he said. "That's no good, I need an envelope or something with your name and address on it."

For crying out loud.....

• Haha 1

On 20/04/2023 at 12:26, RonnieTodger said:

Anyone got any good jobsworth stories? I’ve just been reminded of one. 

Me and a group of mates went to Blackpool on 12th July. One lad didn’t turn 18 until the 13th and bouncers made him wait outside the bar until midnight. 

I hope they wished him a happy birthday..

When I went to visit my brother in Seattle many moons ago we were out and about.. got a bit hungry  so went to  a McDonalds as you do. They had a deal on at the time  2 burgers for $2. There was a kid fresh out of nappies working the drive through. My brother asked for the 2 burgers for $2 and about a minute later he came back and said “ sorry we’ve only got one left, you’ll  have to choose something else” so my brother asked if he could just have the one burger instead was told “ sorry but we’re not allowed to do that” perplexed, my brother said ok he’ll pay for the 2 for $2 and they could just give him the one. Poor kid looked a bit confused and eventually said “ no sorry, I can’t do that”. my brother was fuming.Had me howling with laughter! We just drove off and went somewhere else.

• Haha 1

Chap on the door at the Robbie peel today, had kept 4 chaps waiting 10 minutes when we turned up claiming  the pub was full and had a shit eating grin while telling us so. Looking through the window the was plenty of space. We advised the others to drink elsewhere, shame cos I like the pub.

On 20/04/2023 at 19:18, grobyfox1990 said:

Anything to do with mortgages and insurance. Early repayment charges, hammering the consumer for paying back what they owe you quicker 

To be fair the rate you get is built into the length of time you owe the money - I agree though, I’d like to pay off more that 10% a year without penalty if I can 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

The amount of times you have to show your passport at airports, border security are proper jobsworths. I’ve been on 6 flights this month so maybe I’m just sick of airports. 

You could have just told everyone you'd been on 6 flights this month without suggesting passport checks for international security is jobsworth behaviour lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

The amount of times you have to show your passport at airports, border security are proper jobsworths. I’ve been on 6 flights this month so maybe I’m just sick of airports. 

humblebrag! :D

On 20/04/2023 at 18:33, Parafox said:

The charity I volunteer for shares a car park with 2 other charities. Each one has designated spaces. 

A couple of Saturdays ago, I went to pick Mrs P up from town and parked in the car park which was entirely empty so I just sat in the car in a space "reserved" for a different charity. It was 6pm and the shops were shut.

Then this bloke came out of the back of the charity shop he worked in, tapped on my window and told me I can't park there as it was reserved for them. Bellend.

I've got a question, if the car park was completely empty why didn't you just park in the spot reserved for the charity you volunteer for? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

I've got a question, if the car park was completely empty why didn't you just park in the spot reserved for the charity you volunteer for? 

I didn't see an issue. I just parked where it was most convenient as I drove in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I didn't see an issue. I just parked where it was most convenient as I drove in.

Exactly. It's the perfect example of jobsworth behaviour. Calling out someone for doing something that's technically wrong but really doesn't matter. It's like if you are picking someone up from a car park when the place is shut, so nobody will be going in, and you stop in the disabled bay. Of course you shouldn't park in a disabled bay, but when the shop is shut and nobody is going to be using it, you're the only one in a car park, then it doesn't really matter does it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Then I'm sorry but I feel its kinda justified. Just because the shop was closed doesn't mean they didn't need the parking spot for a delivery or a guest or just staff training. You parked there for your own convenience but didn't accept that it was potentially inconvenient for them. This isn't a jobsworth behaviour in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Exactly. It's the perfect example of jobsworth behaviour. Calling out someone for doing something that's technically wrong but really doesn't matter. It's like if you are picking someone up from a car park when the place is shut, so nobody will be going in, and you stop in the disabled bay. Of course you shouldn't park in a disabled bay, but when the shop is shut and nobody is going to be using it, you're the only one in a car park, then it doesn't really matter does it.

But the question is how can you assume they didn't need the spot? Clearly there was someone there 

Just now, hejammy said:

But the question is how can you assume they didn't need the spot? Clearly there was someone there 

It was a completely empty car park after closing time. If their partner was coming to pick them up there's hardly a danger they'll struggle to find a spot.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It was a completely empty car park after closing time. If their partner was coming to pick them up there's hardly a danger they'll struggle to find a spot.

And what if it was a delivery they were waiting for with heavy items? 

It's the same as a street with a row of empty driveways, just because there are no cars on driveway is it ok to park closest to the shop you want to go to?