Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RonnieTodger

Jobsworth Behaviour

29 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Good post. Agreed loads of drones in external audit. I’m not a rogue trying to do business with Russian clients, but more often than not compliance don’t act with a can do attitude, plenty of course who do 

that’s my point, humans have more flexibility than robots and that’s why they are hired in these roles, which are not revenue generating and are just cost bases only. But those humans who don’t act like humans in back office roles will be automated out of a job. 

:)  We are in violent agreement I think!  Yeah we have all worked with those.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Good post. Agreed loads of drones in external audit. I’m not a rogue trying to do business with Russian clients, but more often than not compliance don’t act with a can do attitude, plenty of course who do 

that’s my point, humans have more flexibility than robots and that’s why they are hired in these roles, which are not revenue generating and are just cost bases only. But those humans who don’t act like humans in back office roles will be automated out of a job. 

Having worked in practice and industry the ''drones'' exist more in practice, in my experience. As for external audit and jobsworths...it's only going to get worse with ISA 315R, I am so glad I'm not in practice - for one the money is crap unless you are at partner level, and secondly flittering from one audit to the next is mind numbingly boring, you can never really get under the skin and understand how a business works. If practice is your thing then by all means enjoy, just not for me.

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Having worked in practice and industry the ''drones'' exist more in practice, in my experience. As for external audit and jobsworths...it's only going to get worse with ISA 315R, I am so glad I'm not in practice - for one the money is crap unless you are at partner level, and secondly flittering from one audit to the next is mind numbingly boring, you can never really get under the skin and understand how a business works. If practice is your thing then by all means enjoy, just not for me.

Oh yeh agreed, audit is horrendous, absolutely terrible. You can't be a world-class auditor, you just tick the boxes and job done. Also recurring work every year...so boring. I work in advisory, I like the challenge of not knowing where my next client is coming from and having to be 100% value-add, but I find it very difficult.

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Oh yeh agreed, audit is horrendous, absolutely terrible. You can't be a world-class auditor, you just tick the boxes and job done. Also recurring work every year...so boring. I work in advisory, I like the challenge of not knowing where my next client is coming from and having to be 100% value-add, but I find it very difficult.

Agreed and being on the other end of the proposals from advisors daily it's sometimes hard to know which ones to will actually make a difference. From a sell side I've found KPMG and Lazard to be top notch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That is the place to be in practise that is for sure, although I think pitching for work must get a bit tedious.

56 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Agreed and being on the other end of the proposals from advisors daily it's sometimes hard to know which ones to will actually make a difference. From a sell side I've found KPMG and Lazard to be top notch. 

Ah yes, and then you sit with a bunch of partners for the pitch, only to end up with a few graduates consultants and a harried overworked director :)

• Haha 1

Had an absolute belter with this at Elland Road on Tuesday, serves me right for laughing at the bloke who had to sit outside till he turned 18.

They had a fan zone which was cordoned off and me and my mates went to go in there. I took 1 step inside it and found the queue for beer went all the way to where I was standing and turned around to leave. At this point the security guards grab me and say I need to walk around the entire fan zone rather than taking 1 step backwards to get out lol.

I then tried to make a run for it and they were not having any of it so my only choice was to do as they asked and shout for my friends to be arrested as they had done the same lol.

What a c unt.

• Haha 3

On 22/04/2023 at 20:16, Tommy G said:

The amount of times you have to show your passport at airports, border security are proper jobsworths. I’ve been on 6 flights this month so maybe I’m just sick of airports. 

I find this Country it's worse. Go to some places abroad and they're really laid back but as soon as you land back here it's "don't cross that line" etc.

50 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I find this Country it's worse. Go to some places abroad and they're really laid back but as soon as you land back here it's "don't cross that line" etc.

Not sure I agree with that, I got bollocked many times on my European trips last season. In Denmark I got asked when the UL rejoined the EU as I had joined the wrong queue.

4 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Anyone that enforces the music license rules in a work place and asks you to turn the radio off. 

If you're not public facing then I completely agree. If it's an environment which contains members of the public then strongly disagree

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Which airport?

I fly back into Luton whenever I can and barring a very long queue, I only have to show my passport once on the scanner?

5 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

If you're not public facing then I completely agree. If it's an environment which contains members of the public then strongly disagree

Yes, because if it's in a public place, it becomes public broadcasting.

Having the radio on in your office/workshop/factory does not count as public broadcasting.

The Charity shop I volunteer in won't pay for the Performing Rights Licence and has THE MOST awful music piped in. Others pay for the PFL and they can have actual recognisable music played.

Some music isn't restricted by PFL depending on how old it is hence you'll get shite older music piped into shops/shopping centres.

12 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

Out of interest, do you know how much do the artists get from PFL?

Edited by ozleicester

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Out of interest, do you know how much do the artists get from PFL?

I'll be honest - I've never heard of PFL but assuming it's similar to PRS, back in the day friends who were in not very popular toilet circuit bands received cheques from PRS for amounts in the hundreds, even the early thousands on the odd occasion. It really did make a difference and allowed them to keep making music. I'm not sure if it's still the same in today's digital streaming world but with PRS still in place, I'd like to hope so.

Edited by Houdini Logic
  • Thanks 1

Woman at the checkout in a well known D.I.Y store today. Went with my brother as i was helping him do some work at his house and got to the checkout where she scanned the timber we had got and then i showed her my trade discount barcode on my phone. My brother went to pay and we were told he couldnt pay as i had used MY discount. Trying to explain to her it was ok in a different store 2 weeks ago all she would say is 'those are the rules'. So basically i had to pay and now my brother has to pay me back. 

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's not jobsworth, surely?!

She thought so.

And then got sulky when it was pointed out that the regs state that she isn’t allowed to bring in babies.

And then Everton fans got sulky when they pointed out that tickets never made it past ST holders and the baby doesn’t have a ST.

But she thought so, and I thought it was funny, so suck it :D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 14.30.18.png

When I saw that on twitter earlier I couldn’t believe she was being serious. Taking a 6 month old baby to an away game what the **** is going through her head. Absolutely mental. And she left her other kids in the ground lol! 

Im assuming she had placed said baby in a baby carrier securely strapped on to the coach seat for the duration of the journey? Then again maybe not!! Really do wonder the thinking behind some people sometimes.