Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RonnieTodger

Jobsworth Behaviour

16 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

At risk of asking what you might think to be a silly question, why shouldn't a baby go to a football match?  I wouldn't want to take one myself, but if she's happy and the baby's happy, why not?

How would you know the baby is happy though?

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

Thing is we now hear a lot of what she was saying was untrue. The bit about her other kids left with other fans was actually her sister. 

She's since deleted her twitter after Everton fans were questioning how the 6 month old got a ticket, when tickets sold out to Season ticket holders !

I'm actually beginning to think she smuggled the baby in under her jacket. 😅

So not only a bad parent, a manipulative, an attention seeking, lier.
Self entitlement at its finest! Good catch. 

As you were people. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

Yep, but you can't wrap them in cotton wool and avoid all places that could harm them. 

It's pretty safe all wrapped up to its mum. I would assume she brought ear defenders for the noise. I also assume she got their early or late to avoid any crushes on the concourse. It is a risk taking a baby to a football match but there are ways of mitigating that risk, like picking seats at the back or away from where the 'Limbs' crew normally stand. 

Personally I wouldn't take a baby to a football match but I have taken a baby to music festivals. 

As I said in my earlier post, whatever your views on whether she should or shouldn't have taken her baby the way she was removed from the stadium was ridiculous.

The 'can't wrap them up in cotton wool' argument goes only so far, but not here. This is a MASSIVE away game at 8pm on a bank holiday Monday, not a Sunday lunch at the Gardeners Inn at 2pm. Just like not all situations are the same, not all football matches are either. For example at a run of the mill league away game, our away ends are very safe and no baby will come to harm. At the European games last season where basically everyone was hammered, they could. 

The person is batsh1t crazy for taking a 6-month to this type of match, even she even did at all, and is clearly looking for compo out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

How would you know the baby is happy though?

Happy babies tend to smile and gurgle while unhappy babies tend to scream and cry.  By the time the baby is 6 months old, most mothers will have learned the difference.  ;)

Edited by dsr-burnley

24 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Happy babies tend to smile and gurgle while unhappy babies tend to scream and cry.  By the time the baby is 6 months old, most mothers will have learned the difference.  ;)

I was going to articulate a reply as to why it’s ridiculous but then I realised I’m having to explain why it’s a bad idea to take a 6 month old baby to the football so I’ll leave it there.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Are you actually being serious? How can you possibly side with that mental woman?!

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Are you actually being serious? How can you possibly side with that mental woman?!

I'm not siding with anyone. I'm disagreeing with the general principle that babies must never be in a big football crowd. 

In a broader sense, I would disagree with the general idea that there can only be one correct answer in how to bring up children, and all other opinions are wrong. One of the links quoted a reason for banning a child on a particular occasion was that it was a cold day and therefore unsafe. But when my brother was born, small and premature, in December 60 years ago, the advice was to put him in the garden for an hour each day to get his strength up. As Kipling  said, "There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays, and each and every one of them is right". Society as a whole is seeing far too much of the "I am right and you are stupid" sort of argument. Unless someone can show me a long list of babies harmed by attending football matches, I am not going to presume to tell any mother how to bring up her baby. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I'm not siding with anyone. I'm disagreeing with the general principle that babies must never be in a big football crowd. 

In a broader sense, I would disagree with the general idea that there can only be one correct answer in how to bring up children, and all other opinions are wrong. One of the links quoted a reason for banning a child on a particular occasion was that it was a cold day and therefore unsafe. But when my brother was born, small and premature, in December 60 years ago, the advice was to put him in the garden for an hour each day to get his strength up. As Kipling  said, "There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays, and each and every one of them is right". Society as a whole is seeing far too much of the "I am right and you are stupid" sort of argument. Unless someone can show me a long list of babies harmed by attending football matches, I am not going to presume to tell any mother how to bring up her baby. 

Yeh true but there are some parenting red flags, and a mega away day where probably 90% are drunk is surely one of them. Again, she’s not at Reading away at a pre season friendly. 

And come on, 60 years ago!!!! People were probably still smoking in pregnancy and are now using the argument ‘see my child turned out just fine, the modern world is mad!!’ Thankfully standards have moved on since then 

On 28/04/2023 at 12:28, Costock_Fox said:

Not sure I agree with that, I got bollocked many times on my European trips last season. In Denmark I got asked when the UL rejoined the EU as I had joined the wrong queue.

Tbf I did in Rome last season. I was one of those who got the more in depth questioning. Though when I went to Denmark I was questioned more our end!

I always find the questioning more intense but in terms of being in the queues waiting our Country just seem to be jobsworth.. Or maybe it's just me..

9 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh true but there are some parenting red flags, and a mega away day where probably 90% are drunk is surely one of them. Again, she’s not at Reading away at a pre season friendly. 

And come on, 60 years ago!!!! People were probably still smoking in pregnancy and are now using the argument ‘see my child turned out just fine, the modern world is mad!!’ Thankfully standards have moved on since then 

I can see the argument here tbh - don't be so sure of what is correct or not now because it might not be as we know more over time.

That being said, some things are pretty obviously not good or correct.

The woman took a 6-month old baby to a Monday night premier league football match.

If you've been to an away game in the premier league, especially a night game, you'll see that a bit of common sense goes to say that is not a very clever idea. End of.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

The woman took a 6-month old baby to a Monday night premier league football match.

If you've been to an away game in the premier league, especially a night game, you'll see that a bit of common sense goes to say that is not a very clever idea. End of.

And also involved a 2 to 3 hour coach journey lol 

The amount of stuff you'd have to bring with you would put me off, let alone anything else. 

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Wait till everyone finds out she doesnt even have a "Baby on Board" sticker on her car 

She had one on the back of her jacket so the fans behind her didn't deliberately jump on her celebrating a goal.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Imagine taking it to a Leicester away game.

It would just be fossils walking upto it going coochie coo on the cheeks.

• 1 month later...

On the topic of Soccer Aid, which I wasn't really aware of....

I live near Manchester and occasionally venture in to have band rehearsals. I pulled up to the place as usual, on a trading estate, where there were temporary gates and jobsworth. They said "this is matchday parking mate".

I asked what match as the season was over. "Soccer aid."

I explained I didn't know it was on and I was there for a band rehearsal. The jobsworth asked if I had proof. I gestured at the big guitar case on the seat next to me and she said "I'll need a booking reference".

Again, I gestured at the very big and obvious jobsworth. "I'll need to see a booking reference"

Which then meant I had to pull out my phone from the bag, scroll through messages to find something resembling a booking. She barely looked at it and said "park over by the wall"

She didn't even move the cones further down and just said to drive through them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1