Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I'll be perfect honest...I don't think it's the right appointment for us.

It's got disaster written all over it.

We've got to trust the ownership of the club, which hasn't worked out very well for the last couple of years.

More than happy to be proven wrong, before everyone starts giving me shit about it.

Ultimately, I don’t think anyone can say whether it’ll be a disaster or a masterclass. Most people giving an opinion are doing it for one of two reasons:

1) they are positive and think it’s a good appointment / they are negative and think it’s a bad appointment 

2) they want to come back to their post in 6 months time and gloat to massage their ego

• Like 4

Maresca does seem a sensible choice in our circumstances.

We've been haemorrhaging money since players ran down their contracts and didn't extend.

We're going to need more players and we won't have loads of money.

If Maresca can fill the team with loans--while ensuring we train their replacements--we might do okay.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Interesting that Mckenna has signed a new deal at Ipswich. 

Did he actually interview with us? Could have been leverage to get a better deal at Ipswich. 

23 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The club also becomes a more attractive proposition again for new players. All they’d have seen for the past couple of years is stagnation and regression, why would anybody want to join that? 

Now we have somebody with a great record at development, players, young and hungry players are going to be far more keen to join us. 

Agreed, I hope appointing Maresca is an indication to the type of player we will be attempting to recruit also.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Maresca does seem a sensible choice in our circumstances.

We've been haemorrhaging money since players ran down their contracts and didn't extend.

We're going to need more players and we won't have loads of money.

If Maresca can fill the team with loans--while ensuring we train their replacements--we might do okay.

I image he has been give assurances that money is available. It obviously it won’t be Prem levels, but I can see us being one of the biggest Championship spenders this summer. 

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not sure what is taking Southampton so long when it comes to announcing Martin but looks like we could end up the first of the 3 relegated sides to announce their new manager if we do it today

Enzo rejected Southampton apparently or they was after him

1 minute ago, apollo4joe said:

Didn't he reject because he said he wanted one more year with Pep? I'm sure that's the reason given, could be wrong

Something like that. I mean the other thing is, we are a much bigger club as well and far more attractive to work for. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Can't wait until we're 19th after 10 games and all the positivity in here changes lol

can’t wait until we are 10 points clear by Christmas and the negative Nancies are nowhere to be seen :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Everybody is talking like he has been announced? Have I missed a serious link saying it’s done because I don’t want to read pages and pages? 

Im just dubious because I’m sure potter has been a done deal, Parker has been a done deal etc. 

I really wanted McKenna in honesty, but if it is this guy I’m not unhappy. Bit wary of lack of experience but at the same time I’m much happier than getting Parker or Gerrard in who both have experience. I’ll be glad to see a positive atmosphere because I feel the fans will buy into this appointment and get behind him and the team at the start of the season. This freshness was needed 

Edited by CountesthorpeFox1

1 minute ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Everybody is talking like he has been announced? Have I missed a serious link saying it’s done because I don’t want to read pages and pages? 

Im just dubious because I’m sure potter has been a done deal, Parker has been a done deal etc. 

I really wanted McKenna in honesty, but if it is this guy I’m not unhappy. Bit wary of lack of experience but at the same time I’m much happier than getting Parker or Gerrard in who both have experience. I’ll be glad to see a positive atmosphere because I feel the fans will buy into this appointment and get behind him and the team at the start of the season. This freshness was needed 

Yes. Lots. 

2 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Reported by every main media outlet as being agreed.

• Like 1