Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I'm happy with this appointment to be fair and whilst I think he might need a while to get his message across in terms of playing style I think in the long term he will do well here.

The only worry is how long it takes in the short term to coach all the shit out of the players that stay that was ingrained by Rodgers.  I hope he's given the time and patience to do that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

The club also becomes a more attractive proposition again for new players. All they’d have seen for the past couple of years is stagnation and regression, why would anybody want to join that? 

Now we have somebody with a great record at development, players, young and hungry players are going to be far more keen to join us. 

Maybe he could get a tune out of Harvey if we don't receive a suitable offer for him?

9 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I'm happy with this appointment to be fair and whilst I think he might need a while to get his message across in terms of playing style I think in the long term he will do well here.

The only worry is how long it takes in the short term to coach all the shit out of the players that stay that was ingrained by Rodgers.  I hope he's given the time and patience to do that. 

Half the squad are going and new players are coming in, so it won't take as long.

Champions league final was last Saturday evening 

Their assistant coach all agreed by Thursday (maybe earlier - we dont know)

Parker, gerrard etc were a convenient distraction and we didn’t brief against rumours 

if we really couldn’t speak to enzo in detail about the appointment until after the CL final (I have a feeling that he had his interview after the fa cup final) then we’ve moved swiftly this week to get it done. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Can't wait until we're 19th after 10 games and all the positivity in here changes lol

I’m not remotely positive. The club are still silent, the manager’s managerial experience is shit, and there is still only half a squad. I swear it’s just the homoerotic factor that is driving most of this current wave of positivity. Which, granted, is fully justified. 

• Haha 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I agree. Would imagine we're in the minority on here though lol

Only the insane would want him gone for any other reason than we've not been selling big names for a while now and that's how we were funding ourselves.

• Like 1

To answer the question posed in the thread's title - I want Maresca. Even though I know nothing about him, hadn't heard of him until about two days ago and have no idea if he'll be any good at all.

Anyone else is going to feel like a right letdown after all this anticipation.

31 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

My fear is that Maresca will be another Paulo Sousa where we simply weren’t capable of playing his style. I’m guessing it’s second grade Guardiola? and we will end up bombing out 

Worth noting that when Sousa took over we played a very old fashioned style of football which was a mixture of long ball / pushing our wingers down the flanks with big Stevie Howard up top.

We transitioned to a possession based style of football from when Puel took over. So you would hope in the same way Brendan benefited from Puel’s foundations, Enzo will benefit from Brendan’s foundations.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Get rid of Btec Becks instead

Since we failed to sell Soyuncu, Tielemans and we would have needed to sell someone this season, and we've been relegated, I don't think we have many options honestly.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Not sure what is taking Southampton so long when it comes to announcing Martin but looks like we could end up the first of the 3 relegated sides to announce their new manager if we do it today

Saints fan I'm mates with said it's them haggling over the compensation Swansea are due, they don't want to pay as much as swansea are asking for.

I'll be perfect honest...I don't think it's the right appointment for us.

It's got disaster written all over it.

We've got to trust the ownership of the club, which hasn't worked out very well for the last couple of years.

More than happy to be proven wrong, before everyone starts giving me shit about it.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’m not remotely positive.

Well, no. When are you though??

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The club are still silent

This is no bad thing.

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

the manager’s managerial experience is shit

Harsh. He doesn't really have any...

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

and there is still only half a squad

Yeah, but there's literally weeks to go until the season starts. It only takes a second to sign a player, after all.

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I swear it’s just the homoerotic factor that is driving most of this current wave of positivity. Which, granted, is fully justified. 

Ain't it just.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Saints fan I'm mates with said it's them haggling over the compensation Swansea are due, they don't want to pay as much as swansea are asking for.

The compensation thing shouldn't be an issue anymore as apparently it was Southampton waiting for them to be officially a Championship team, which has now happened, so they would be able to pay the lower compensation fee

If they are trying to get it even lower than that then they are just asking for Swansea to tell them to do one