Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

literally in the playoffs this season 

Gyokeres and Hamer have propelled them to those heights, as did Grealish for Dean Smith when they won the play-offs at Villa, doesn't mean he should stay and take on the most important rebuild in our history.

The most important thing for me is to cut down on the coaching staff, too many voices on the bench offering absolutely nothing from Stowell and Sadlers time in charge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Christoph said:

Is anybody worried that if we mess this appointment up we could see ourselves stuck in the mud of the championship for a multiple years just like last time.

League 1 could be beckoning, it's not like it hasn't happened to similar sized clubs.

• Like 2

Just now, Christoph said:

Is anybody worried that if we mess this appointment up we could see ourselves stuck in the mud of the championship for a multiple years just like last time.

That’s why it’s crucial that we make the best appointment possible to finish top 2, someone like Rafa or someone that has a clear playing style at this level akin to what Burnley produced this season.

I wouldn’t trust us if we finish in the playoffs.

A lot of encouraging names on here but unfortunately we are forgetting how poor our senior management team have been for the last two years. The appointment will be as tragic as it is inevitable - Welcome to the new era…..

‘Frank Lampard’s Leicester City™️

IMG_6630.jpeg

• Sad 2

Michael Duff, lacks experience of managing in the league, but has been here as a player and as a coach while at Burnley. Demands standards within his team on and off the field, has already overseen a decent rebuild of Barnsley in a toxic environment, has worked developing younger players and from a staff point of view he lets them voice their opinions and have a say, like Leicester used during the time of Pearson and Ranieri, rather than run a managerial dictatorship. Has worked on a shoestring budget as well in previous roles.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Gyokeres and Hamer have propelled them to those heights, as did Grealish for Dean Smith when they won the play-offs at Villa, doesn't mean he should stay and take on the most important rebuild in our history.

The most important thing for me is to cut down on the coaching staff, too many voices on the bench offering absolutely nothing from Stowell and Sadlers time in charge.

yea smith shouldn't stay, we need a completely fresh start, but claiming robins is a bottom half manager when he's improved Coventry every season is a bit daft

16 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I keep reading this purely because he used to play for us (wasn't even any good), he's a bottom half championship manager at best, used to working in L1/L2 type players and is clearly not the answer at all.

He has done absolutely wonders with no budget and no ground at times. I’m not saying he is the best option but he has done more than some of the shouts ie Martin and Pearson with the same sort of budget, if not less.

And I ain’t talking about just this season, he has taken Coventry from League 2 to Championship play offs. Doesn’t happen often.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

Rob Edwards - Luton

Michael Carrick - Middlesbrough

Mark Robins - Cov

Though I expect it will be Scott Parker or Russell Martin

Between the 2 I would probably prefer Parker as at least he has recent experience with Fulham and Bournemouth of getting promoted

• Like 2