Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Everybody is talking like he has been announced? Have I missed a serious link saying it’s done because I don’t want to read pages and pages? 

Im just dubious because I’m sure potter has been a done deal, Parker has been a done deal etc. 

I really wanted McKenna in honesty, but if it is this guy I’m not unhappy. Bit wary of lack of experience but at the same time I’m much happier than getting Parker or Gerrard in who both have experience. I’ll be glad to see a positive atmosphere because I feel the fans will by into this appointment and get behind him and the team at the start of the season. This freshness was needed 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65888753

• Like 1

Why are people so OTT about this prospect...

People ignoring this... "He had an unsuccessful 180-day spell as Parma boss in 2021, overseeing just four wins from 14 games after they were relegated from Serie A."

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Everybody is talking like he has been announced? Have I missed a serious link saying it’s done because I don’t want to read pages and pages? 

Im just dubious because I’m sure potter has been a done deal, Parker has been a done deal etc. 

I really wanted McKenna in honesty, but if it is this guy I’m not unhappy. Bit wary of lack of experience but at the same time I’m much happier than getting Parker or Gerrard in who both have experience. I’ll be glad to see a positive atmosphere because I feel the fans will buy into this appointment and get behind him and the team at the start of the season. This freshness was needed 

Even the Leicester Mercury are reporting it!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, wurmer said:

People ignoring this... "He had an unsuccessful 180-day spell as Parma boss in 2021, overseeing just four wins from 14 games after they were relegated from Serie A."

They were shit before. Haven't got much better since he left. I don't think Maresca was the issue here. 

People might be OTT because it signals an intention to move away from the style that Rodgers got everyone doing here. 

The links and networks Maresca has from Man City or perhaps further afield. 

It's just something fresh and new. I haven't really even seen any OTT reactions. Just some satisfaction that we appear to have finally found a manager and now we can move on. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wurmer said:

That is a short spell, can you really make a judgement on that? 

5 minutes ago, wurmer said:

It's a fresh approach. Also, we have to get behind it and get excited. Maybe his ideas will work with us as he pick his own players to suit. It's a complete rebuild and with a change of approach, the combo might be good for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

This.

You've got to think Enzo is coming in knowing he needs to bring in 10+ players and will have what we get from inevitable Maddison and Barnes sales to spend. 

As much as its a pain, it brings about a great opportunity for a manager to bring his type of player in rather than being told 'this is our squad, work with it or go somewhere else'

.. you wonder what effect Maresca's appointment could have on Maddison and Barnes!!!

Does their perception change, knowing who is coming in and it becomes a bigger question whether to stay or go.

11 minutes ago, wurmer said:

Everyone has mentioned it but there's been a lot of self reflection, he was trying to revamp the whole culture and we've seen the great job Arteta has done so hoping it's the same.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

.. you wonder what effect Maresca's appointment could have on Maddison and Barnes!!!

Does their perception change, knowing who is coming in and it becomes a bigger question whether to stay or go.

It will have zero effect. They won’t give a monkeys who comes in, they will go at the first opportunity. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, wurmer said:

Probably because compared to some of the other dross on offer, he seems like a breath of fresh air and gives at least some cause for optimism!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wurmer said:

Have you bothered to dig deeper into this? He got 17 points from 14 games (1.2 points per game) during a period in which he was trying to impose a completely new playing style. After he left, their average points per game went down to 1.08 for the rest of the season. So they got worse after they sacked him. The Parma players by all accounts loved him and completely bought into what he was trying to do. The general view among the Italian media seems to be that he was heading in the right direction and just needed a bit more time and perhaps another transfer window, and that his sacking was harsh.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

It won't have any effect. The opportunity to be back in the Prem and on more money than they previously were on here will mean far more than any incoming manager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Barnes is our longest serving player and a Leicester fan so is he prepared to make a career sacrifice to stay?.Doubtful but you never know. Maddison ? Not a chance in hell. His agent is doing double shifts right now to get him out - double quick.

Guest Fox-66
7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They were shit before. Haven't got much better since he left. I don't think Maresca was the issue here. 

People might be OTT because it signals an intention to move away from the style that Rodgers got everyone doing here. 

The links and networks Maresca has from Man City or perhaps further afield. 

It's just something fresh and new. I haven't really even seen any OTT reactions. Just some satisfaction that we appear to have finally found a manager and now we can move on. 

Stop being so chuffing rational FFS!

This is FoxesTalk, only slightly less emotive and divisive than Twitter. :@

I'm sure some in our fanbase have already created their 'MARESCA OUT!' banners - I can only hope they spell his name correctly as it's such an easy surname as 'Rodgers', 'Parker' or 'Smith'. ;)

43 minutes ago, Mendi said:

Don't think this move will work out. I hope I get proven wrong.

There will be a Grim Reaper thread started soon for all the opinions of this nature.

18 minutes ago, wurmer said:

There is absolutely NO WAY that you've read this thread. About 60 of the 360 pages here have been discussing this very thing. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wurmer said:

Probably because failing at Parma seems to be a bit like failing at Watford. 

• Thanks 1