Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Leicester City £100m action plan revealed in worst-case scenario

Just now, Finnegan said:

What do you mean rate it? I don't think it'll go anywhere if that's what you mean no. 

But I absolutely do believe that the Premier League should throw the book at Everton and that every club relegated this year AND last year should be demanding compensation from them. 

Their spend is absolutely bonkers. 

That's what I was asking :D 

Fair play, massively disagree, just wasn't sure if you were arguing because that's what you like to do or if you actually thought Everton should pay people compensation.

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

@Finnegan and @Chocolate Teapot you don't actually rate this do you?

I remember our very legitimate sponsorship deal with Trestellar, the well known Sheffield based company.

No I'm with you - the point I was going on to make was actually trestallar is far dodgier than administration when we didn't have a pot to piss in.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

No I'm with you - the point I was going on to make was actually trestallar is far dodgier than administration when we didn't have a pot to piss in.

Ha I misread the date. Yeah I'd agree, I had read it as 2012 (which probably isn't right but was in the ball park) my apologies :D

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That's what I was asking :D 

Fair play, massively disagree, just wasn't sure if you were arguing because that's what you like to do or if you actually thought Everton should pay people compensation.

If Everton have significantly breached the rules and stayed up and other clubs have spent less because they've followed the rules and been relegated, why shouldn't they get compensation? 

Unfounded cynicism is one thing but if our club has actually significantly broken the rules ourselves then great no problem. But all I'm hearing is people rumour mongering about this apparent sponsorship deal or that or the fact that two decades and several owners ago we went in to admin before there were penalties for it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What do you mean rate it? I don't think it'll go anywhere if that's what you mean no. 

But I absolutely do believe that the Premier League should throw the book at Everton and that every club relegated this year AND last year should be demanding compensation from them. 

Their spend is absolutely bonkers. 

Surely only the team who are 18th should be demanding compensation from them?

The teams in 19th and 20th would be going down regardless 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I don't think anything will happen, really. 

A slap on the wrist and suspended points deduction, perhaps. 

the punishment for Everton is irrelevant, that fact they have received a punishment means that are guilty of breaking ffp, which is why we would be entitled to sue for compo.

• Like 1

This isn't about them taking our relegation spot, this is about being compensated for the loses incurred for being relegated for following the rules at the benefit of a team flouting the rules to gain an unfair advantage. That doesn't seem particularly embarrassing, seems fair enough, no?

Edited by 21st Century Fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 21st Century Fox said:

This isn't about them taking our relegation spot, this is about being compensated for the loses incurred for being relegated for following the rules at to the benefit of a team flouting the rules to gain an unfair advantage. That doesn't seem particularly embarrassing, seems fair enough, no?

It's all to do with relegation, if we were sitting midtable we wouldn't even be bothered about it

3 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

This isn't about them taking our relegation spot, this is about being compensated for the loses incurred for being relegated for following the rules at to the benefit of a team flouting the rules to gain an unfair advantage. That doesn't seem particularly embarrassing, seems fair enough, no?

Also nothing will come it anyway

7 minutes ago, nettle said:

It's all to do with relegation, if we were sitting midtable we wouldn't even be bothered about it

I'm not saying it not to do with relegation, I'm saying it's not a desperate ploy to avoid relegation, it's being compensated for being relegated

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Surely only the team who are 18th should be demanding compensation from them?

The teams in 19th and 20th would be going down regardless 

It's a little bit butterfly effect though isn't it. We can't know what the table would look like if Everton weren't in it. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's a little bit butterfly effect though isn't it. We can't know what the table would look like if Everton weren't in it. 

Exactly, it’s just wild speculation and is much impossible to prove hypotheticals like that in court. At least 18th place can say “we would’ve finished 17th if Everton had a points deduction, which they legally should have done and that cost us £xyz”

Arguing what would’ve happened if Everton had been relegated 2 seasons ago is impossible to prove and wouldn’t be taken seriously in any legal sense.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1