Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

@SebbyFlyteFox89 @sbfox Laughing at everybody's posts but if we do not gain promotion then our club is in a bigger mess than ever and this time no new owner can fix it! We could be in serious trouble. And this is all because of the bad decisions of the board. I'm glad you can find it all so funny1

Sadly you can see what will happen. Posters like these will just piss so many off by doing this to posts and posters that aren’t actually negative and if the worst happens, they will be called out for it. Those calling them out will then be accused of wanting us to fail so they can so ‘I told you so’. But I agree with you.

I don’t know about the first poster (only joined a few days ago to the forum so possibly a WUM). The second poster I do recall doing the same last season, shouting down anybody who questioned Rodgers even up to his final days in the role and anybody who suggested we could go down. So I would say their opinion means very little.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Where we were a month ago, its a tiny bit not as as impressive though, since he spat his dummy out and said he would go we have been rather poor, i'm not sure its a coincidence

This is another thing I don't understand though, since his little outburst, doubling down on his way, wouldn't you think he do his damnedest to get even more a tune, be even more impressive, get us over the line in style, really ram in down the dissenting voices throats?

Of course it's not as simple as that but since the little outburst more questions have been asked than answered.

Hopefully the answers come after the international break.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I just don’t get this interpretation. Fans views are usually developed by the events of the past.  I wouldn’t say it’s a simple optimist vs pessimist… this is a result of dejavu. 

The same posts were said when people were alarmed about us falling out of the top 4, then again the next season. Then the relegation. 

I think our fans, of all fans,  have the most reason to be alarmed when things start heading this way because we have experienced it on multiple occasions. This isn’t old bobs worries because we did this 60 years ago, it’s largely involving the same people that were part of the previous collapses. 

Fwiw I do believe we are better set to avoid this now then in the previous examples… and that’s because i truly believe enzo is great and will get it right… but I completely resonate with those that don’t have the belief we will turn the ship around… and based on history they have more evidence supporting our likely fate than the ‘we’ve got the best squad’ argument 

I don’t worry about stuff I can’t control.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Sadly you can see what will happen. Posters like these will just piss so many off by doing this to posts and posters that aren’t actually negative and if the worst happens, they will be called out for it. Those calling them out will then be accused of wanting us to fail so they can so ‘I told you so’. But I agree with you.

I don’t know about the first poster (only joined a few days ago to the forum so possibly a WUM). The second poster I do recall doing the same last season, shouting down anybody who questioned Rodgers even up to his final days in the role and anybody who suggested we could go down. So I would say their opinion means very little.

Recollection is a funny thing isn't it? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

What squad has been more expensive, and a bigger average wage than this one at championship level?

Doesn't matter, they weren't good enough to stay in the prem. Could have a 200k supercar and it still breaks down. Players value and wages means F all. They still need training correctly. 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I think it’s more that they look incredibly free flowing. They can turn it on at the drop of a hat. We look fatigued, tethered and empty. 

I also thought this last week when they not only let a 1-0 lead go in injury time but managed to leave with no points.

2 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

unfortunately we have a lot of fans who "think we will be fine" and the same ones who backed Rodgers last season and clapped players off who didn't want to be here 

Backing Enzo and backing Rodgers aren't the same thing, it's a lazy comment

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

It was a bit of a joke, why so serious

It's a bit tongue and cheek because ours are always 'lucky'/'crap'.

It's also quite funny because last season we were frustrated and called Plymouth 'Deflection FC' when they kept ahead of us last year with last minute winners and deflections, but now we've taken the mantle and I quite enjoy it.

• Haha 1

It’s the same crippling hope we had last season. 

Ultimately I think we’ve already thrown it away. We keep saying Leeds and Ipswich will lose, but we shouldn’t  be in this position relying on other teams.

The fact we’ve relinquished a substantial lead so frivolously is just evidence in itself that we won’t achieve the goal of top two. We’ve given Leeds and Ipswich an inch, and they aren’t relenting, particularly Ipswich.

It’s going to be a horrible 9 games. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

It's a bit tongue and cheek because ours are always 'lucky'/'crap'.

It's also quite funny because last season we were frustrated and called Plymouth 'Deflection FC' when they kept ahead of us last year with last minute winners and deflections, but now we've taken the mantle and I quite enjoy it.

fair enough, I think you have more than a chance of autos tbf you make you're own luck as they say.

Mentality wise Ipswich are in a better place than us as they have the belief from being promoted last season and our doubts are creeping in from relegation and previous blunders.

I think we will go on a run after the break though with a fit squad.

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s the same crippling hope we had last season. 

Ultimately I think we’ve already thrown it away. We keep saying Leeds and Ipswich will lose, but we shouldn’t  be in this position relying on other teams.

The fact we’ve relinquished a substantial lead so frivolously is just evidence in itself that we won’t achieve the goal of top two. We’ve given Leeds and Ipswich an inch, and they aren’t relenting, particularly Ipswich.

It’s going to be a horrible 9 games. 

We aren't relying on others. Also not relenting? Ipswich literally pissed away a lead in injury time last week.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 4

We all need to consider, that this championship season is unique  in that in a normal season we would way ahead of the chasing pack. We have to credit both Ipswich and Leeds for keeping up with us. Whoever on top is going to feel the pressure from the chasing pack. It’s going to be tight, but I think we will enough in tank to get us over in one of the two promotion places🤞🏆🤞

• Like 2

I think we will lose tomorrow but it has got me thinking,. If we did win and draw Cov that guarantees a championship team in the final.

When was the last time a second tier team got to the FA cup final? I can’t seem to find it on google. I find the last one to win it (West ham 1980) and a list of second tier league cup finalist but not FA cup and i can’t actually think of any.

2 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I think we will lose tomorrow but it has got me thinking,. If we did win and draw Cov that guarantees a championship team in the final.

When was the last time a second tier team got to the FA cup final? I can’t seem to find it on google. I find the last one to win it (West ham 1980) and a list of second tier league cup finalist but not FA cup and i can’t actually think of any.

Millwall ? I think they came after Cardiff v Portsmouth.

3 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I think Cardiff lost to Portsmouth when they won it, possibly 2008…ish. Millwall lost to Man Utd around 2004 as well.

• Like 1