Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Ipswich smashed 6 past Sheffield Wednesday.

Something we can only dream of doing this season given the weak mentality we have created of always wanting to game manage after we are in the lead.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Well nothing is really positive at the minute is it?

Whisper it - still top...and our form is better than Ipswich over my arbitrary "last 2 games" form

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Lost our top scorer status now, after losing our fewest conceded status a couple of weeks back.

Wonder what people are going to cling to now.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

It's the Brendan Rodgers affect all over again.

Some leicester fans prefer us to play in the lower leagues. Go blind when it's clear we are on a decline then the come backs are but we are top of the league look at what Enzo has done.

Imagine having a manager with experience and knows multiple tactics to get the best out of the litterally the best players in the league.

A decent manger would of had the league wrapped up by now 

Which decent manager would you like? Neil Warnock? 😂

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thought it's depressing on here when we play. 

Bloody hell, even worse when we don't. 

i know, the way some of our fans are reacting to Ipswich winning and potentially Leeds tomorrow, my word; 

you easily think they'd get depressed if they had a shit and they got smash back on their arse

be worse next season if we go up

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

We’ve not even played and everyone’s in meltdown. 

Did anyone really expect Ipswich to not win? 

please dont talk sense, some people wouldnt understand 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

We’ve not even played and everyone’s in meltdown. 

Did anyone really expect Ipswich to not win? 

I think it’s more that they look incredibly free flowing. They can turn it on at the drop of a hat. We look fatigued, tethered and empty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There's precious little we can do about Leeds and Ipswich's form, we had a chance when we played them to go further clear and we blew it. Our lead was going to be cut based on what both of them have done but we've been too cheap recently and dropped way too many points. They aren't going to do us any favours, we cannot scrabble about with anything other than top 2 form for the rest of the season.

6-7 wins and anything less and we run the risk of finishing 3rd or 4th. 

Both their runs are now as good/better than anything we've strung together this season. We no longer can hide behind being the best team in the league, it's much closer than that. Now it's a shoot out to the end and let's pray to God that Enzo can mastermind a change over the next two weeks because there's precious sign of any bottle since the turn of the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure anyone was expecting Ipswich to lose or has been moaning about Ipswich winning, infact i've seen a few posts crediting them and saying fair play.

What I have seen people posting (myself included) is more "look at them", why are they making a fist off and we're not, e.t.c.

I've said a couple of times after both Leeds and Ipswich slipping up people are too concerned about what they're doing rather than what we're actually doing, it matters not what they do if we don't follow it up, capitalise and do the job ourselves....of which we've not of late.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, sishades said:

The most idiotic post of all time.

52 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Because if we didn’t win the PL dropping a 14 point (for the third time)  to 1 point would’ve been more acceptable ?

55 minutes ago, sbfox said:

**** me, this thread is, recently at least, one of the most pathetic on FT. 

"Oooh big daddy Ipswich are going to dominate us so hard. Look at them pressing with such conviction. Big powerful strokes into the box". 

In one very minor, specific way, winning the Premiership was the worst thing that happened to us. 

Learn how to use this forum properly you moron.. You’ve quoted me with something I havent said but some other idiot has. Now that’s idiotic.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not sure anyone was expecting Ipswich to lose or has been moaning about Ipswich winning, infact i've seen a few posts crediting them and saying fair play.

What I have seen people posting (myself included) is more "look at them", why are they making a fist off and we're not, e.t.c.

I've said a couple of times after both Leeds and Ipswich slipping up people are too concerned about what they're doing rather than what we're actually doing, it matters not what they do if we don't follow it up, capitalise and do the job ourselves....of which we've not of late.

Yeah, we're not making a fist of it, being the top of the league. No way at all. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's precious little we can do about Leeds and Ipswich's form, we had a chance when we played them to go further clear and we blew it. Our lead was going to be cut based on what both of them have done but we've been too cheap recently and dropped way too many points. They aren't going to do us any favours, we cannot scrabble about with anything other than top 2 form for the rest of the season.

6-7 wins and anything less and we run the risk of finishing 3rd or 4th. 

Both their runs are now as good/better than anything we've strung together this season. We no longer can hide behind being the best team in the league, it's much closer than that. Now it's a shoot out to the end and let's pray to God that Enzo can mastermind a change over the next two weeks because there's precious sign of any bottle since the turn of the year.

thing is, think both leeds and Ipswich fans will admit they havent played great of late(ipswich did today) and kinda edged teams; but both do have some pretty tricky games coming up, against the likes of Coventry, Hull, Southampton Norwich

and as we know with this league anything can happen on any given matchday