Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

9 hours ago, FOXSE said:

There is a lot of talk about 'our squad shouldn't have gone down so should win the championship easily'

We didn't start the season with anything like the squad that went down!

Arguably better in some ways, we got rid of the mamby pamby, lazy, couldn't be bothered, wanted to be somewhere else brigade. Good riddance.

For all the current dip in form issues, at least this manager has instilled a bit of keeness and oneness again. 

• Like 3

Just now, BertFill said:

We're not.

Exactly. We're still top by 1 point with a game in hand over second. Think any team below us would want to be there unless they're stupid. It's clearly in our own hands. 

If we get through today without any further injuries, then we'll be back after the international break with our best 11 available which hasn't happened for quite a while. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Thats good for us, it regains our match in hand on that date so chance to get points on board over them assuming we lose to Chelsea.  At this stage of the season I would rather have points on board than game in hand, its better mentally for the squad.

Cov have done us a favour.

It does…for 4 days until we play Southampton.

I’d sooner Coventry didn’t have the distraction of the Semi and/or quite bad fixture congestion when they play Ipswich.

18 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It does…for 4 days until we play Southampton.

I’d sooner Coventry didn’t have the distraction of the Semi and/or quite bad fixture congestion when they play Ipswich.

that can work both ways tbf, can easily spur the players to play better to get into the semi final team etc

god if Leeds win today people on here are going to be going loco

well more so

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Hopefully the answers come after the international break.

The managers already winging about having 9 games left in a short space of time after the break. Considering our squad and the fact many of the players play at walking pace we should be the most prepared, it's everyone else who should be knackered right 🙄

• Haha 1

Credit to Coventry for pulling off a great result against Wolves. They could have given up after going 2-1 down with minutes to go.

They showed great spirit in coming back and winning. Something we could learn from both them and Ipswich.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It all boils down to bottle.  We have the best squad, the best players, the best team when everything works but do we have the bottle when it counts?

This is where my uncertainty lies.  If we don't have it, we will fall short.

We don't have the best squad and even if we did, we seldom have them all fit at the same time.

There's not much in the squads of Leeds and Southampton IMO. 

• Like 1

Leeds will beat Millwall today and most likely by more than 1. I've been mentally prepared for a while that go go 2nd today, but it doesn't change anything. Got to do our job from here on in.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We don't have the best squad and even if we did, we seldom have them all fit at the same time.

I don't understand why people think we have the best squad with our midfield in the state it is. All fit, its ok, but Ndidi hasn't been able to perform at the levels he reached last year (understandably), KDH has been way off it, there is no rotation available and very little creativity and flair. I would go as far as to say our midfield is pretty disappointing at this level.

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

that can work both ways tbf, can easily spur the players to play better to get into the semi final team etc

god if Leeds win today people on here are going to be going loco

well more so

Ipswich match will no doubt be moved to after the Semi. No doubt in the final week of the season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't understand why people think we have the best squad with our midfield in the state it is. All fit, its ok, but Ndidi hasn't been able to perform at the levels he reached last year (understandably), KDH has been way off it, there is no rotation available and very little creativity and flair. I would go as far as to say our midfield is pretty disappointing at this level.

He was terrible last year! Much better this season.

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A better way of saying it is that we have a much superior squad to every team we will play,  Southampton aside.

When everyone is fit, we have the best starting 11.

Leeds, Southampton and maybe even Ipswich have better balanced squads than us, there's not much drop off between their starting 11s and subs benches.

57 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

The managers already winging about having 9 games left in a short space of time after the break. Considering our squad and the fact many of the players play at walking pace we should be the most prepared, it's everyone else who should be knackered right 🙄

Well I must say it does contradict people who champion this style for the way it preserves energy and tires the opposition out.

Can’t have it both ways can they.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Agreed, our squad in certain areas is very strong but in other parts it's weak/weaker than it was. This isn't about our best starting XI, it's about the lack of options at CM and out wide.

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe that’s the thought now, but at the start of the season people certainly thought we had the best squad tipping players like nacho to score a ridiculous amount of goals at this level.

At the beginning of the season I expected Ipswich to slip down the table. But they have been very strong all season so far. Leeds and Southampton we expected to be challenging us. Going to be a tuff few weeks for us especially we out drop in form.