Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Yes, you'd think Enzo inherited the most expensive/talented Championship squad in its history or something . He's a real miracle worker getting us where we are.

Warnock would have been better. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Yes, you'd think Enzo inherited the most expensive/talented Championship squad in its history or something . He's a real miracle worker getting us where we are.

It was a team in upheaval, with a lot of players leaving, a lot of new players coming in. Confidence was low for those players still traumatised by Rogers' influence. The rest of the Championship teams are just making up the numbers.

But you're right top of the league all season is piss poor from this group of players.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, weller54 said:

but this team is not good enough for the Prem ? 

Cmon are we too good for the Championship and not good enough for the Prem. we may as well fold the club

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think it’s more that they look incredibly free flowing. They can turn it on at the drop of a hat. We look fatigued, tethered and empty. 

They lost last week.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, weller54 said:

When was this then ? As it certainly wasn't this season. 

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

They lost last week.

And in circumstances that suggest that their bottle might be found wanting as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

What squad has been more expensive, and a bigger average wage than this one at championship level?

So you think over inflated wages and not trimming the fat is a sign of a good team? Wages are a good sign of how a team should do , but I would argue we may well be the exception that proves that rule!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Well in the summer you reckoned we'd be mid-table and didn't have enough quality in the squad to play possession football, so which is it?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JonnyBoy said:

unfortunately we have a lot of fans who "think we will be fine" and the same ones who backed Rodgers last season and clapped players off who didn't want to be here 

Was literally going to post the same thing.

They'll be the same ones saying we can easily win the play offs etc.

Telling you now though Ipswich will be dropping points next month, they'll probably win 3 or 4 out of their 6 games.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Haha 1

No more margin for error. A combination of poor finishing, profligate defending, mental fragility and some bad refereeing decisions at key moments have, over the last 6 matches, transformed the run in. It could have been a procession but now we are in a dog fight and the stakes couldn't be higher given our financial peril re 'fair' play. It's still in our own hands... just, so lets get behind the lads and help them over the line. The international break couldn't have come at a better time as we can go again with a refreshed and fully fit squad!  

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Love how the fans talk about players being bottler's

Than you read some of the meltdowns in here.

Foxestalk Bottle Jobs…..

Tbf FTers aren’t the ones paid to keep or put the ball in the net.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Love how the fans talk about players being bottler's

Than you read some of the meltdowns in here.

Foxestalk Bottle Jobs…..

I just don’t get this interpretation. Fans views are usually developed by the events of the past.  I wouldn’t say it’s a simple optimist vs pessimist… this is a result of dejavu. 

The same posts were said when people were alarmed about us falling out of the top 4, then again the next season. Then the relegation. 

I think our fans, of all fans,  have the most reason to be alarmed when things start heading this way because we have experienced it on multiple occasions. This isn’t old bobs worries because we did this 60 years ago, it’s largely involving the same people that were part of the previous collapses. 

Fwiw I do believe we are better set to avoid this now then in the previous examples… and that’s because i truly believe enzo is great and will get it right… but I completely resonate with those that don’t have the belief we will turn the ship around… and based on history they have more evidence supporting our likely fate than the ‘we’ve got the best squad’ argument 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Twitcher said:

Yes many on here saying about us bottling it. My god there's some bottlers on here. An expected win for Ipswich.

I've said before, after the mess of last season, where we are is hugely impressive. We'd no right to come straight back up. What Enzo has done is superb.

Reading this I'd do one if I was him. Wheel Rooney in. Ffs. 

Where we were a month ago, its a tiny bit not as as impressive though, since he spat his dummy out and said he would go we have been rather poor, i'm not sure its a coincidence

• Like 1