Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Still got to win by two clear goals. Millwall are more than capable of scoring themselves. 

Millwall have 10 points out of the last 4 games so maybe they could get a result.

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

FFS. Bloke who should have been sent off then scores. Hate football at the minute. 

It does feel like the football gods have been against us for the last few years. Even worse they keep luring us into a state of euphoria before bringing us back down to earth with a bang. Almost like a sick version of the video game 'The Sims' being controlled by a Forest fan. 

A lot of success in football is about momentum. Confidence breeds it and momentum feeds confidence.

Leeds and Ipswich have it at the moment in spades.

We don’t.. we’ve lost the momentum.

Could make all the difference that.

The turning point, for me, was the loss to Leeds. They were there for the taking, the disallowed goal fooked us and the chances spurned fooled us.

Three massive incidents in our season potentially.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

It does feel like the football gods have been against us for the last few years. Even worse they keep luring us into a state of euphoria before bringing us back down to earth with a bang. Almost like a sick version of the video game 'The Sims' being controlled by a Forest fan. 

That or we just bottle everything 🙃

• Like 3

I’m slightly concerned after today. If we compare covs game yesterday they were all over wolves away from

home. Wolves are above Chelsea in the league and we weren’t great with just 1 SOT. 

i really hope we push on but this is not the same team from earlier in the season. Need to keep key players like Wilf and Vardy fit its gonna be really tight 

7 minutes ago, Headcase said:

So watching leeds, they look so energetic and aggressive, we were like 14 points clear of them at one point,  they really have their tails up. Wish we had a bit of their agression to attack.

Their fans haven’t always been impressed with performances, even on their good run.

It’s not just us. 
We play a totally different way to Leeds too. 

14 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Leeds look a lot less open at the back than we do. 

It helps when your attacks are threatening! Keeps the team reluctant, best form of defence and all that! ..i think we still have the wow factor to other teams with our possession and league position, however i think we have been found out were a lityle toothless up top that aint helping

3 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I’m slightly concerned after today. If we compare covs game yesterday they were all over wolves away from

home. Wolves are above Chelsea in the league and we weren’t great with just 1 SOT. 

i really hope we push on but this is not the same team from earlier in the season. Need to keep key players like Wilf and Vardy fit its gonna be really tight 

That isn't how football works! 

• Like 1

I think there would be a lot less worry overall if our football wasn’t so damn dull compared to the Leeds and Ipswich’s.

Still on target for a ridiculous point total, but honestly how much have you really enjoyed this season and the 90 minute performances?

• Thanks 1