Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

firm negotiators vs quick sales

firm negotiators vs quick sale   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is our best approach to outgoings

• hold out for as much as possible
    • get deals done asap even if it’s less than we could get
    • Asap for fringe players, hold the big names for as much as possible

What do we think is the best approach for our sales? i’m a bit torn on whether we just need to clean the slate as quick as possible so that we can move quick or if a bit of patience is needed to get the right deals. 

Im sure the bigger players might take some real time to shift but with the window open until september can we really afford to not have these deals agreed before then? 

How can the next manager truly plan if they aren’t sure for example if praet will be staying or will be gone and consiquently how can we know who to sign without bloating the squad. 

If the last few windows are anything to go by we’ve not been good at moving things along quickly, this would be disastrous for us yet again 

We need to buy as we sell. King power just need to pump money into the club whether they like it or not. And then hopefully the sales balance it out. 

Cant take any risks. Can’t afford to linger in the championship. 

For **** sake, Don ****ing Goodman is going to have an opinion on our club again. **** me. 

There's an onus on buyers to move quickly too for our more desirable players, so that might take care of itself. Probably just cut our losses on the fringe players that have held interest at lower than our valuations before. The likes of Praet.

The trouble with holding out is if you're doing that with the idea to reinvest that money in the squad, the longer the window goes on the harder it is to get those players at the value you place on them and so the extra you hold out for is just levied onto your new signing.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 2

Sell those out of contract next summer who aren't staying at the start of the window as a priority. Use that cash to start reinforcing the squad per the new manager's vision.

Will leave the ones with more than 12 months on their contract we can play hard ball with and try to extract the best price.

I'd be tempted to hold out on Maddison a little longer though as an exception to the rule as there's likely to be two or three clubs chasing him.

People coming round then, always said we were harming ourselves by waiting to the last week to sell players.

As JimJams said end up paying more anyway as then the selling club knows loaded with cash and desperation pumps the price up.

Edited by Chrysalis

Praet, Castagne, Vestergaard, Soumare (if he's going), Choudhury (if he's not going to be in the squad and he probably isn't good enough even in the Championship) and even Ndidi - if they're going, get them gone ASAP.

They're not going to bring in enormous wedge either way and we need room to plan. Half the problem last year is that nobody wanted to take our dross.

I'd even add Ricardo to the pile if anyone honestly wants to take a gamble and he really is a 100k earner. 

But Maddison and Barnes will have multiple suitors making actual bids, we don't shit the bed and let them go to the first club that offers up <50m like we're absolute walkovers. If we get anything less than 100m combined for the two then frankly we need to be outraged as fans. 

ItS nOt YoUr MoNeY, etc. Hopefully by now people have realised it kinda is and the club can't get away with being negligent with their assets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cut losses fast, stop the bleeding. 

Need definites quickly. Who’s staying/going.

Get the dosh, and be as competitive as possible, soon as possible. We’ll need about 8-12 new players (absurd).

More importantly, the clowns running things need sniffing out, to figure out which ones sh!t the bed. (Spoiler alert: it was all of them).

Act quick, we need to get settled.

Look at Watford last season, constant questions over whether Sarr, Pedro etc will leave.

Doesn't help the new manager who then struggles to impart his ideas on a team who aren't even sure if they are playing with that division by September. They then make a rash choice in getting rid and are proved to look like fools.

We really need to know where we stand going into the new season, as soon as possible to give us the best foundation for being competitive next year. We should be aiming to have pretty much all our 'outs' agreed by the end of June in my opinion, even if that's not necessarily public knowledge. No ifs/maybes with players/clubs stringing us along until the season has started like with Fofana/Maguire. Cut the rot, boost our coffers and move on as soon as feasible, without being shafted in a fire sale.

Theres a few of the existing crop - the likes of Iheanacho, Justin, possibly even Ricardo - who might stay who would all make a huge impact on any promotion push, but if they're not sticking around then I'd rather ship them out early doors and focus on those who are going to be here next year - new and old. Same goes for the manager. Lets have a proper preseason for once where we know exactly what we're working with.

Yep it's pretty simple 3 lists one you'd get rid of so Ward, Maddison, Barnes, Daka, Amartey, Evans, Vestegaard, Castagne, Tete, Perez, Albrighton, Soyunchu, Bertrand, Ndidi, 

Ones you will keep- Thomas, Souttar, Iverson, KDH, Faes, Kristiansen Mendy (if possible)

Depends on offer- Justin, Ricardo, Vardy, Nacho

Get it done early have a spine of Iverson, Souttar, Faes, KDH

I actually think the sales of 'bigger' players, like Barnes/Maddison will be relatively easier - we'll set a price, a few clubs will be interested, there will probably be a bit of a bidding war and we'll be able to get acceptable fees for them fairly easily.

I think the lower rep players are where we might struggle, with smaller clubs coming in with low-ball offers - remember Praet & Torino? Expect a bunch of that for players like Vestergaard, Faes, Ndidi, Castagne, Ricardo, Iheanacho, Daka et al.

I think upmost priority before any sale is done is to get a manager in. 

Allow him to have a meeting for budgets etc, then allow him discussions with every single player on where they see there future, give the ones who say they will stay an ultimatum of new contract or go (obviously the ones who have a year left) .After that, get the business done ASAP so they can have as long a pre season as possible with the new squad. 

The club needs to take control back as player power has led to so many first team players out of contract, the club need to make sure that doesn’t happen again and make it clear no player is bigger than the club. Fergie used to get rid of all his stars in that basis. 

34 minutes ago, JimJams said:

We'll get relatively good money for anyone moving to a Premier league side. We'll get bugger all of anyone else.  Maybe an offer for Soumare for less than we paid from a French club. 

If anyone offers over £10million for Soumare, we should take it. 

Rudkin's a shit negotiator. The Kristiansen deal proved that.

Praet and Soumare we had offers for, held out and lost far more by keeping hold of them. Idiotic squad management.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

If anyone offers over £10million for Soumare, we should take it. 

I really can’t make my mind up on him. I know there’s a good player in their, yet his brain seems to work in ultra slow time. 

I’ve never seen a player find so much space, literally watch him think until he’s completely surrounded. 

3 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I really can’t make my mind up on him. I know there’s a good player in their, yet his brain seems to work in ultra slow time. 

I’ve never seen a player find so much space, literally watch him think until he’s completely surrounded. 

I might be wrong on him. Maybe he will find his feet and tear up the championship, but I just think he will be an expensive passenger. There's a financial hole to plug and getting him off the wage bill and getting a fee for him will be for the best. 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I might be wrong on him. Maybe he will find his feet and tear up the championship, but I just think he will be an expensive passenger. There's a financial hole to plug and getting him off the wage bill and getting a fee for him will be for the best. 

I think you’re probably right. He has all the athleticism and technique required to be brilliant but I just don’t think his mind works quick enough, everything seems to be laboured. 

He will probably do really well abroad somewhere when he is allowed more time.