Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ilias Chair

2 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

Seen he assisted their keeper this season, hopefully he can help get Ward his first goal for us, help him kick start his career here 

I would feel more positive about next season if we registered Ward as an outfield player next season to be fair 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Good player, I could find better for less on the continent but I'd be more than happy with him. It's amusing some websites have him down as being 5ft 2 😂😂😂😂

Brendan’s love child? It’s a no from me.

Guest Mee-9

Destined for the bench with a name like that. 

Come on lets have some furniture puns. 

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Bad idea to sign players without a permanent manager in place

Sometimes teams are built around a system a way of playing, players suit that can be brought in if deemed suitable. We let the dwarf and Congerton pick who they wanted and look how that turned out. 

Saying all this I’m not sure what system or style we have at the minute and I can’t imagine the hierarchy have got their heads out of the arses yet. So maybe just a long list of unsubstantiated rumours. 

A player who deserves a shot at Premier League football in all fairness.

Would be a sensible replacement for Maddison.

To add on from Moore’s posted stats, Chair also ranked in the top 10 for most key passes & most smart passes in the 22/23 Championship. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

...nice to see that Patrick Roberts has worked his way back!!!

He seemed just the right player we needed on the right, I believed he was about to come here and so did he. It never happened, he has been going on loans for the last 7 years. Would have loved to have seen him here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

A player who deserves a shot at Premier League football in all fairness.

Would be a sensible replacement for Maddison.

To add on from Moore’s posted stats, Chair also ranked in the top 10 for most key passes & most smart passes in the 22/23 Championship. 

I his XG assist rate, it's not his fault that his team mates can't put the ball in the net when he puts it on a plate for them.

5,2" and 53kg though is a tad worrying, he wouldn't look out of place in an U13 side but he's had four seasons as a first team player at QPR so much less of a risk if he can man up in the Championship rather than coming from a league with a slow and technical reputation.

I've seen him play a few times in person, he's pretty good. He's the sort of player that one of the 3 promoted new sides could go for, but we might be able to compete with them. I think he can cut it in the Premier League too, though he's not as good as Barnes or Maddison. He's a flair player that our fans will like though!

We might have to be quick about it because he'd be on the radar for a lot of teams.

Edited by StriderHiryu

Not going to lie, I'm not ready to accept this is where we are. 

Looks a decent player but I'm already sceptical, very good players don't hang around the championship too long or at the very least move to one of the biggest teams in the league. 

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Looks a decent player but I'm already sceptical, very good players don't hang around the championship too long or at the very least move to one of the biggest teams in the league. 

Fair points, but he is one of the best players in the Championship. If you want to get promoted first time round, getting one or two players like that is the way to go.

Chuba Akpom for Middlesboro is probably the best player, Ryan Giles too. In fact Boro IMO are the actual team to watch, they were getting better and better in each game week and it was a bit of a surprise they didn't make the Play-off finals.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Would imagine this is why he is linked to us? 

3 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Bad idea to sign players without a permanent manager in place

The manager doesn't sign the players, it's up to the key stakeholders like Glover, Rudkin & agents to agree the deals. 

The manager has little say in players given we gave Rodgers too much say I.e. Vestergaard so it won't happen again anytime soon.

• Like 1