Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GUTIH

Quality Premier League Loans

I hope we look to bring hungry youngsters looking to prove a point in and within the premier league is it unrealistic to think some of our problem positions could be filled by the likes of:

Dane Scarlett

Carney Chukwumeka

Anthony Elanga

Sambi Lokonga

Stefan Bajcetic

Im setting my sights high but players of this ilk...not necessarily them but similar to them perhaps with less first team exposure behind them

Think we need to take the chance to develop our own young players, unless loan to buy deals.

otherwise get promotion and be missing key areas and relying on the dubious scouting we have seen for the last year or two and players not hitting the ground running. I guess it all depends on the financial restraints the club are facing 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Think we need to take the chance to develop our own young players, unless loan to buy deals.

otherwise get promotion and be missing key areas and relying on the dubious scouting we have seen for the last year or two and players not hitting the ground running. I guess it all depends on the financial restraints the club are facing 

How many of our young players are good enough ?  

24 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

13/14 we didn't need any loan players to go up - should be giving those minutes to our own players

Sammy Braybrooke and Will Alves had VERY serious injuries and won't be back in time for the start of the season. There's a good argument for signing two loan players to play until those two get fit.

Sammy is a bit like a mini-Tielemans, I think Cesare Casadei who was on loan at Reading and one of their best players last season could be a good pick there.

Alves is a real live wire, get another flair player with good dribbling to play until he's ready could be an idea.

Also a big difference to 13/14 is we weren't losing so many players at the same time. Loaning players allows us to de-risk our signings. Our track record over the last 24 months has been horrific... if we spend 50-60m on duds we are in BIG trouble.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sammy Braybrooke and Will Alves had VERY serious injuries and won't be back in time for the start of the season. There's a good argument for signing two loan players to play until those two get fit.

Sammy is a bit like a mini-Tielemans, I think Cesare Casadei who was on loan at Reading and one of their best players last season could be a good pick there.

Alves is a real live wire, get another flair player with good dribbling to play until he's ready could be an idea.

Also a big difference to 13/14 is we weren't losing so many players at the same time. Loaning players allows us to de-risk our signings. Our track record over the last 24 months has been horrific... if we spend 50-60m on duds we are in BIG trouble.

We need to forget about Braybrooke and Alves for at least 2 years.. there are no guarantees they will be the players they were, and would they have made the grade anyway? We haven’t seen anything of them. 

2 minutes ago, Fansincethe80s said:

We need to forget about Braybrooke and Alves for at least 2 years.. there are no guarantees they will be the players they were, and would they have made the grade anyway? We haven’t seen anything of them. 

46 game season, plus cup games. The Championship is a grind and many players in our squad will get games, even if it's only 5-10. We could be playing someone like Plymouth at home and be up a few goals with 20 minutes to play, and that's a great time to start giving minutes to some of our players to see what they can do. Ben Nelson, Sammy Braybrooke, Will Alves, Wanya Marcal, Lewis Brunt, etc. I wouldn't expect these players to be starting unless we are absolutely coasting, but we should be giving these players chances or getting rid of them.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bradley's contracts up I think too

Looks like Transfermarkt have been unreliable on that score :mad:

From the Liverpool website...

A talented and versatile player who has featured mainly at right-back for Liverpool’s youth teams, Conor Bradley signed his first professional contract with the club in July 2020, and signed a new long-term deal a year later.