Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GUTIH

Quality Premier League Loans

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Presuming two of Castagne, Ricardo & Justin leave.

Then Calvin Ramsey or Conor Bradley from Liverpool.

I fully expect VK and Thomas to stay so that's left side sorted. Castagne I imagine is gone. I don't think I'd want to keep Ricardo AND JJ even if we could. Two right backs that can't make it through a season is a risk. If we could sell Ricardo, keep JJ and get Ramsey on loan, it would be excellent business. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Cole palmer would be useful.

No way he'd come here.

He still manages to get the odd game at Man City, he'd atleast go lower premier league on loan if he was even allowed a loan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Think we need to take the chance to develop our own young players, unless loan to buy deals.

otherwise get promotion and be missing key areas and relying on the dubious scouting we have seen for the last year or two and players not hitting the ground running. I guess it all depends on the financial restraints the club are facing 

We should do what we have to do to give us the best chance of being promoted within our financial means and if that means 5 PL loans then so be it.

We can have the problem of needing a lot of new players next season in the PL, don't discount us not going up this season and spending a decade or more outside the PL.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I think he'd be a sensible low risk one. Realistic too 

not really realistic now after the season he had at Sunderland, pretty sure Utd will either keep him for the season or loan him to a top division team in the here or the likes of Span or Germany

Always felt this wasn't something we ever really took good advantage of, but perhaps that was a Nige thing as he's also done the same at Bristol City. 

To me they've looked like a team crying out for a few top loans but he just doesn't go for it!

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Always felt this wasn't something we ever really took good advantage of, but perhaps that was a Nige thing as he's also done the same at Bristol City. 

To me they've looked like a team crying out for a few top loans but he just doesn't go for it!

We used them well in his first spell. It doesn't say much about the club if the one idea of Pearson's they've practised since his departure is don't loan players often.

Burnley, Sheff United and Forest proved you almost have to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Yeah it's definitely a Nige thing. Doesn't believe in developing players for other clubs.  One of his at times frustrating stubborn traits.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Think we need to take the chance to develop our own young players, unless loan to buy deals.

otherwise get promotion and be missing key areas and relying on the dubious scouting we have seen for the last year or two and players not hitting the ground running. I guess it all depends on the financial restraints the club are facing 

Absolutely we don't need to be a blooding ground for top 6. We need to develop our own academy players, Championship will be brilliant for that.  Even if we be have to spend two seasons down there the development opportunity is massive. 

Dead wood out, leaving space for cheap hungry Leicester youth to be given opportunities.  We've invested massively in our youth so maybe this is just what they need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I know they obviously have a different perception of what constitutes "rubbish" but don't swathes of Man City fans think Cole Palmer is absolutely honking? Had a good spell about three years back and... Not much else?

What???? Three years back? 

Not thinking of Carlton Palmer are you?

On 02/06/2023 at 09:09, Stadt said:

Looks the business and definitely a step up from Reading for him so it could happen.

Wouldn’t mind this to be fair, currently top scorer for Italy at the U20 World Cup with 6 and some rave reviews. 

Has Reiss Nelson signed a new deal at Arsenal does anyone know? We’ve needed a right winger forever!!!