Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Ricardo Pereira

We still have quite a few players who, while they won't outwardly kick up a fuss, will not see themselves as Championship players, and will probably be telling their agents to at least try to get them a loan move back to top-flight football. Ricky P will be one of them, along with Faes, Castagne, Soumare, Praet and Iheanacho, and possibly also Justin, Ndidi and Daka. Some of them will have to stay though, at least for the short term, as I don't think Rudkin has it in him to facilitate such a turnover of players. It's vital we get off to a good start this season, otherwise we are going to see some very demotivated and demoralised players.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Love the guy, brilliant player, but I think, being pivotal to our system, someone will break him in the first few games. Then what?

Exactly. He's started 28 league games in 3 years. If we're expecting him to be a key piece in Enzo's system for a 46 game Championship season then I hope Enzo has a backup plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Exactly. He's started 28 league games in 3 years. If we're expecting him to be a key piece in Enzo's system for a 46 game Championship season then I hope Enzo has a backup plan.

He's on the phone to Baldrick as we speak. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

The replacement:

Would be a very good signing, this. Leeds and Cov in for him by all accounts. You don't know what's spinning behind the scenes (probably not alot with John), however I'd like to think he's someone we'd looked closely at simply due to the fact of their interest. Very good technically and physically and in all likelihood, alot more robust in terms of durability over a 46 game campaign than Ricky, unfortunately. 

It would be a great shame to see him go , but as much as there has been a lot around him in preseason, you'd be a madman to base a team around him due to his injury problems. I'm sure everyone at the club , Enzo etc, is well aware of this. Hope that he stays fit, and can be a great player for you, but plan in case he's crocked in ten games. 

If he has to go, then we are losing a player that , whilst great when he's fit, in reality, hasn't contributed much for a while. Not to say I don't think he's brilliant when fit, but harsh realities of football will be considered by the club I'm sure. 

On 24/07/2023 at 16:53, UniFox21 said:

With the amount of club media focus on him, I just can't see him leaving 

He was on the BBC Radio Leicester podcast yesterday giving an interview about the upcoming season. I just don't see him doing all of this stuff just to walk out of the door.

• Like 2