Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Ricardo Pereira

We can use the Barnes money to pay his wages at Nice πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ love this club!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think a loan that includes a decent loan fee of say Β£3m with either obligation or option to buy in the following summer for say Β£7-10m would be a decent move for us. The risk is we keep we and then he breaks down again after 10 games and we are goosed. Unfortunately as much as I would love for it to work out, I think it’s too big a risk and we have to be sensible and look at the bigger picture.
Β 

AsΒ @st albans foxΒ says I think pretty much every player, except the new signings obviously, Β are available should an acceptable offer come in and given his injury record over the last 3 years Riccy P is no different.Β 

Β 

I agree that everyone is for sale at the club at the right price.

Β 

The article mentions a loan, not a loan with an obligation to buy which is a sale. We're not loaning out players who walk into the first team without an obligation to buy or a considerable loan fee. If Nice want Ricardo on loan they have to commit to an obligation or a big loan fee. Any deal has to be worth Leicester's while otherwise it's a non starter even if the player wants to go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Fan Logic...played no more than Evans, contributed no more than Evans...but Evans can sod off and we love Riccy P 🀣

Β 

Β 

To be fair, Ricardo has had two major injuries with us that kept him out for long periods. Achillies and cruciate ligament.Β 

Β 

Evans hasn't had as big an injury and hasnt been out as long but has had many different ones, back, hip, thigh, calf, hamstring etc. Many of them recurring.Β 

Β 

It's a fair assumption to say Ricardo has had two specific and bad injuries but Evans' body, which is 6 years older is starting to break down.Β 

Β 

Β 

I must admit our over reliance on Ricardo in this new system makes me nervous, given previous injuries.

Β 

I'd want us to bring in another right back who can comfortably step into midfield, just in case.

Β 

We are stacked for full backs, just not sure many of them fit how Maresca wants to play.

21 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

He’s been front and centre of all the promotional stuff, new shirt images and video content. No way the club are letting him go, and more to the point I don’t think he’s pushing to go. He’s clearly being given a key role, maybe even the captaincy.Β 

He’s also been doing loads on social media during pre season (and not in a come and get me type way either - more photos of the training ground, new shirt type stuff).Β 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Fan Logic...played no more than Evans, contributed no more than Evans...but Evans can sod off and we love Riccy P 🀣

Β 

Β 

Couldn’t agree more! How someone is comparing this to when we sold KantΓ© is laughable.Β 

A loan move makes no sense. If we could sell him, get a decent fee and wages off the books, I would be fine with this and replace with a younger, more likely to stay fit alternative.

Β 

We have only got 1 seasons worth of appearances (39) over the last 3 years. I can’t see how he can be relied on for a gruelling Championship camping sadly.Β 
Β 

Will always appreciate him at his best and for his apparent good character around the club. Not a time for sentiment though. And as others have pointed out, they are all responsible for what happened last season.

Β 

Β 

51 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Β 

Β 

Not really quite the same.Β 

Ricardo has suffered some serious injuries during his time with us.Β 

Evans just looks like he doesn't fancy it.Β 

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

A loan move makes no sense. If we could sell him, get a decent fee and wages off the books, I would be fine with this and replace with a younger, more likely to stay fit alternative.

Β 

We have only got 1 seasons worth of appearances (39) over the last 3 years. I can’t see how he can be relied on for a gruelling Championship camping sadly.Β 
Β 

Will always appreciate him at his best and for his apparent good character around the club. Not a time for sentiment though. And as others have pointed out, they are all responsible for what happened last season.

This is not ideal,. but I fear that due to the riches of the EPL, it is the new norm when transferrring to other leagues, excluding a few super rich clubs. A loan with obligation at best, a decent loan fee and an option at worst.

3 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

He’ll absolutely rip up the championship, which is why we must keep him.

He is just as likely to get ripped up and spend time on the injury list unfortunately.

Β 

The time for 'fan favourites' and 'remember whens' is well and truely over, time for big pants and rip itΒ allΒ down

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is not ideal,. but I fear that due to the riches of the EPL, it is the new norm when transferrring to other leagues, excluding a few super rich clubs. A loan with obligation at best, a decent loan fee and an option at worst.

I agree it seems to be used regularly. For players of the age of Ricardo though? I can see the sense in having him back if he did stay fit and we got promoted. A few β€˜ifs’ there though.

Β 

I suppose if we could get a loan fee that would cover a lower cost replacement and I would imagine wages would be taken care of in that scenario anyway. I wondered why we didn’t go for that young right back at OHL who since moved elsewhere!Β 
Β 

Or if Ricardo went on loan and we brought someone like Spence on loan, financially that would be beneficial for the season maybe…

• Like 1

It seems a bit odd that if the game had gone ahead yesterday he was starting as captain.

Β 

with his injury record I don’t think we would risk playing him in pre-season if he was in talks to leave.Β 
Β 

Could we have leaked that to get interest in Timmy ramped up?Β 

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

The concerning thing for me is Ricardo appears central to our plans this year. We need more than one option for this formation to work.

Β 

we’re only about half way through our recruiting…