Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Ricardo Pereira

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if I wanted to buy him then I’d look to loan first on the basis of his injury record

whilst we want to keep him, if we get a good offer then I think pretty much everyone is saleable - we should be able to get someone in or find a player within the squad who is able to play the inverted role. 

I think a loan that includes a decent loan fee of say £3m with either obligation or option to buy in the following summer for say £7-10m would be a decent move for us. The risk is we keep we and then he breaks down again after 10 games and we are goosed. Unfortunately as much as I would love for it to work out, I think it’s too big a risk and we have to be sensible and look at the bigger picture.

As @st albans fox says I think pretty much every player, except the new signings obviously,  are available should an acceptable offer come in and given his injury record over the last 3 years Riccy P is no different. 

• Like 3

Last season Brendan based the whole system of play around Ricardo being a full back and midfielder only got him to get injured. Looks like maresca is doing the same thing. 

Probably best to loan him out do we don't get stung again as there's no one to replace him in the squad.

48 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think a loan that includes a decent loan fee of say £3m with either obligation or option to buy in the following summer for say £7-10m would be a decent move for us. The risk is we keep we and then he breaks down again after 10 games and we are goosed. Unfortunately as much as I would love for it to work out, I think it’s too big a risk and we have to be sensible and look at the bigger picture.

As @st albans fox says I think pretty much every player, except the new signings obviously,  are available should an acceptable offer come in and given his injury record over the last 3 years Riccy P is no different. 

The biggest part of any deal will be that the other club are paying all of his wages - isn’t he known to be one of our higher earners and I can see any loan would just be to get the wages off the book and go from there

He was "far too good for the Championship" 3 years ago. Why are people still acting like he is the players he once was? Even when he's been fit and played the past 2 or 3 seasons since his big injury he seems to have completely lost his explosiveness and pace and has looked pretty average (not his fault of course).

Hoping he'll come back into this side and we can build it round him is a massive risk. Same with Justin too.

Edited by Sampson

9 hours ago, jv1 said:

Surely not - the whole bloody new system revolves around him does it not 

Well if it does then I hope he goes because if we're going into a 46 game season where the whole system revolves around a player who will probably only play half that if we're lucky, then the system needs changing. So if him going is the only way it'll change, see ya Riccy P.

10 hours ago, Tanya said:

Just a general comment on how we got here. Season about to start and we could lose a player who I believe will be crucial to us getting promoted.

Poor decisions have led to a situation where our best are getting picked off.

Top and Rudkin...well done.

So far the club have either made no decision in this case or they have made a decision that he's not going. 

At this moment he's a Leicester player, and another club saying they want him has nothing to do with Top and Rudkin.

If we had intentions to loan or sell or just get him off the books he wouldn’t constantly in the first 11 every time. I dont see us see this.

Yes he will get injured at some point based on history, however if thats half way through the season and he has got us to top of the league with his performances then thats still a win for us.

Edited by les-tah

Let's be honest, there's a highly likelihood this season goes the same as the last few and Ricardo misses vast swathes of it. 

I absolutely love the bloke and he's a class act but I'm not sure we can carry him and Justin in this battle for promotion. If we get a decent sized loan fee and cover all his wages then I can see us being fairly content with that. Only worry is, once again our farcical pre-season has seemingly been built around him as the linchpin. 

Ricky P seems integral to the way we are set up with the inverted right back / box midfield. Accepting his fitness record isn't great, you would have thought Enzo would have prioritised a replacement if we were going to move him on.

With the Barnes money will we get some cover for that position?  maybe but, I expect we will prioritise CAM, RW, maybe a striker.

Edited by JimmyC74

To try and help calm the sudden panic that's started here, this is a translation of the article that started this rumour, and is, as of present, the only actual "source" for this story:

"What if the new right-back was an old hand at Nice? According to reports, Nice are actively working on recruiting Ricardo Pereira...

More active in terms of departures than arrivals since the start of the summer transfer window, OGC Nice need to find a number of players to bolster their squad. They are hoping to bring in a left-back, a right-back and a midfielder."

That's all it says about Ricardo, and it barely says anything at all, only that Nice are interested. The part about Ricardo wanting to go has only come from people making it up and adding it onto tweets parroting the original article.

This is a non story coming from someone trying to make it look like Nice are making moves in the market, because they have currently let a lot of players go out but only made one transfer in.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Maybe naïvely I think Riccy wants to stay, he’s had such a reduced role in recent seasons due to injury but if he can stay fit definitely our starting RB. Want to see how justin & vk are utilised. Have they even had minutes yet?

Yeah they both played in the last 30 against Northampton I believe, and would have played in part of the Leuven game. The Leuven game was made up of three 45 minute "halves", so a lot of players would have gotten minutes there. 

10 hours ago, markko said:

Before his injuries he was my favorite player. if he wants to go, let him. if he wants to stay let him. I don't want any players here that think they are doing us a favour. We need hunger and fight. My biggest worry with him is his injuries. If he can get back to what he was he will be one of the best players in the championship.

...I  wonder if his new role within the team, takes away the possibility of more injuries!!!

There will be elements of physicality in some defensive situation but if we are more in possession,  then this only requires passing and movement without much contact.

31 minutes ago, Verumex said:

To try and help calm the sudden panic that's started here, this is a translation of the article that started this rumour, and is, as of present, the only actual "source" for this story:

"What if the new right-back was an old hand at Nice? According to reports, Nice are actively working on recruiting Ricardo Pereira...

More active in terms of departures than arrivals since the start of the summer transfer window, OGC Nice need to find a number of players to bolster their squad. They are hoping to bring in a left-back, a right-back and a midfielder."

That's all it says about Ricardo, and it barely says anything at all, only that Nice are interested. The part about Ricardo wanting to go has only come from people making it up and adding it onto tweets parroting the original article.

This is a non story coming from someone trying to make it look like Nice are making moves in the market, because they have currently let a lot of players go out but only made one transfer in.

Yep. The Mercato article says nothing about Ricardo leaving, but it does say that we're trying to get rid of him:

"Despite a current contract until June 2026, Ricardo Pereira is clearly pushed towards the exit by Leicester City, freshly relegated to the Championship, who would like to sell a player who has been playing with the Foxes since 2018."

It seems that nobody at the club has bothered to tell Maresca that they're trying to flog Ricardo behind his back. It might get tad awkward when the penny drops that Rudkin is desperately trying to get rid of a player who Maresca regards as essential to the formation he wants to play....:o