Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Ricardo Pereira

Not sure how legit this is but I'll post it anyway. Return to Porto?

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-player-aiming-return-home-country-leaving-foxes-relegation/

Newspaper Correio da Manhã today features a short piece saying the 29-year-old could reinforce the Dragons’ squad in the summer window.

It’s pointed out that following Leicester City’s relegation to the Championship, he could be one of those on the way out of the club.

For now, there aren’t any details whether there are advanced talks with Porto for his return to the Estádio do Dragão.

Ricardo Pereira played for the Dragons between 2013 and 2018, and made 77 appearances for the Portuguese side

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

He's a significant favourite of surely nearly all of us.

But he's one of our higher earners, isn't he? I wouldn't be surprised if we pay him more per actual performance (given his injury record) than any other of our actually decent players. We'd probably be better served letting him go and replacing him with a younger, fitter player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If true persuade him to stay until January if we look like we have no chance of promotion let him go.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Will be gutted if he leaves while recognising it's probably the best thing for everyone. Was one of the best right backs in the world in 19/20 before the injury.

Never forgive Jack Grealish.

• Like 4

One of the best full backs to ever play for us and a lovely guy as well. But can understand if he leaves and wouldn't moan too much. He's far too good for the championship.

Such a shame he got the injury. He is one of few I would sad to see go. 

• Like 1

Send him on loan with them paying the full wages. If he stays fit for the season bring him back if we go up. If we don't go up and he has stayed fit i am sure we would still get a few mill for him. 

Horrible situation for one of the good guys in my eyes but i think the above is best for all parties. 

Just now, goose2010 said:

Send him on loan with them paying the full wages

I'd be surprised if they could afford that to be honest. It'd make him their second highest paid player, probably about 30k a week more than the third.

Otavio is the only player they have on an even vaguely Premier League kinda wage.

i’d obviously love to keep him, I was kinda hoping we’d have to with his new deal and nobody coming in for him. 

But it would be borderline negligent to turn down any offer if it’s got a bit of money attached :( 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Got to go.

Had a blinding year with us a while back, but he’s been sicknote for too long.

24 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Grealish's tackle was more clumsy than it was malicious, and he did apologise. Tyler Morton's tackle on Ricardo was far worse.

And in both cases our medical team told him to carry on playing for a bit. 

• Sad 1

Absolutely love the guy

19/20 he was just unreal, easily gets a massive move that summer if he doesn't get injured

Unfortunately with his injury issues since his first acl we just won't be able to rely on him being available as much as we will need him next season

Probably looking at €5-10m euros (although wouldn't be surprised if less than that), and with a wage reduction due to relegation it easier for him to get a move to Portugal or some other European team as well

An incredible player for us, then hugely impacted by that ACL injury, then the horror tackle to break his leg and then his Achilles going has killed him.

Would hate to see him go, but if selling him let's us keep a nacho/Barnes type player, then so be it