Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Ricardo Pereira

Before his injuries he was my favorite player. if he wants to go, let him. if he wants to stay let him. I don't want any players here that think they are doing us a favour. We need hunger and fight. My biggest worry with him is his injuries. If he can get back to what he was he will be one of the best players in the championship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It’s not from him though he retweeted someone who got it from here 

https://www.footmercato.net/a8418690713078479374-mercato-nice-tient-sa-priorite-pour-le-poste-de-lateral-droit

And that article just makes a lot of assumptions and even refers to an alternative should they fail. So basically nothing from Leicester's side, a player they seem to be building the new system around. 

Never say never but it would appear Leicester are not actively wanting to sell him and that's all that matters right at this moment. If it's Nice that want him it'll be Leicester that decide the term of any deal a sale or loan with large loan fee but this article feels speculative at best. 

24 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Well that’s obviously true. But what’s that doing in a Ricardo thread?

Just a general comment on how we got here. Season about to start and we could lose a player who I believe will be crucial to us getting promoted.

Poor decisions have led to a situation where our best are getting picked off.

Top and Rudkin...well done.

There has been something about our relationship with Rickie.  Maybe the first proper player we had in modern times, beset with a serious injury, then following his journey back, to then get injured again.  Maybe its just the sheer length of time we've had him?

The tease being all Leicester fans know this guy would have gone on to be an absolute top draw player, but for his bad luck.

Also you can't beat a bloke with an honest smile. He just comes across as a bloody decent guy.

If he leaves, in a bizarre way, it will feel much worse than Barnes going.......😒

• Like 4

Should've gone to Barcelona, Real, or Bayern. Genuinely would've gone to a club like that but for his injury set-backs. I think we all want him to come back strongly.

I hate to say it but a move away probably benefits everyone, except for the fact he's probably one of the most talented players to wear the shirt.

Will be a sad day if and when he does go.

• Like 2

Just more bullshit from some kid in his bedroom.

What is in it for us? Why would we loan a first team player? Loans are far young kids who aren't up to scratch just yet and players who are surplus that you can't get a buyer for. Clubs don't loan players who walk into the first team.

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

The levels of hysteria on this board are off the scale, some dodgy source makes a claim and the usual suspects don horsehair shirts, start frothing at the mouth and then scream abuse at the club.

Why not wait until there’s something more concrete before having your hourly meltdown.

Bloody forums discussing drivel

I love Riccy P, very good player and good professional however he has an horrendous injury record, is on big money and a lengthy contract, there is.no guarantee he is committed to staying or if he can stay fit for a sustained period. 

Yes he has played an integral role in Enzo’s system but so has Iversen, Praet, Castagne even Faes etc and all are highly likely to move on. Enzo is building a structure and system to our play and players will fit into that, so if players move on they will be replaced by a player who has the profile to fit that role, therefore there is nothing to say we don’t have.a ready made replacement(s) already identified in the event one or all of these players move on. 

• Like 1

1. Looks like a toilet source
  2. However, if true its a tough one
    1. Was an unbelievable player for use prior to his injury nightmare
    2. Due to his duration with us, he must have a significant salary (that is a guess though)
  3. I am unconvinced he is a key player for us, perhaps he is just the most capable to play the role Enzo wants?  :dunno:

Really unsure (if true)

if I wanted to buy him then I’d look to loan first on the basis of his injury record

whilst we want to keep him, if we get a good offer then I think pretty much everyone is saleable - we should be able to get someone in or find a player within the squad who is able to play the inverted role. 

• Like 1