Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jerry Yates

He works extremely hard and has a real fight about his game, he’d be ideal in a side looking to employ a high press and play on the front foot. 

14 goals is an impressive total for a side like Blackpool as well. He has the potential to push 20 next season in a better side. 

22 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

People seem to forget that both our best players (Vardy/Schmeichel/Mahrez/Kante) and the ones we sold for huge money (Mahrez/Maguire/Chilwell/Fofana) either came from the lower leagues, or were developed there. In fact a lot of the players we've missed out of came from there, Bowen/Benrahma etc.

The biggest problem I have with this type of signing is that we didn't make more of them in the Premier League. That rawness is something we've not had for a while and we miss it. Even Maddison and Barnes that we want big money for came from development in the Championship.

We've been relegated because we've let players with a lack of desire grow stale, from the footage it looks as though Yates has a directness and rawness that could add something to our frontline. People forget we had Nugent, Wood and Kevin Phillips last time. If Yates is 3rd/4th choice and chips in with 5-10 goals then it seems a bargain.

:appl:

I'm a long way from convinced I must be honest. Record is meh, doesn't score too well on fbref. That's not to say he's bad but he feels more the sort of signing a Blackburn or Millwall would make. I think we can do better. But I hope he proves me wrong should we do it.

tbf I wouldnt be against us going for someone like him, we've spent alot more on players who have frankly smelt the place out

and if he does come, he'll want to prove something and will certainly be eager to put an impression in, 

thats what I hope anywaylol

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Depends on whether we are expecting any of the ones we currently have to leave

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if both Nacho and Daka leave meaning we are definitely going to need 1 or 2 new strikers in

We may need to shift more than we would like if certain values are not reached from those we want to sell, so it seems eminently sensible to prepare (unlikely I know) for selling one or both of Daka and Nacho, as perhaps we feel they are easiest to replace.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Depends on whether we are expecting any of the ones we currently have to leave

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if both Nacho and Daka leave meaning we are definitely going to need 1 or 2 new strikers in

What would you do with Hirst? Cash in to Ipswich/League one team or have as 3rd/4th choice 

7 minutes ago, Ryy said:

What would you do with Hirst? Cash in to Ipswich/League one team or have as 3rd/4th choice 

Personally I would have him as 3rd / 4th choice

I will admit he never really got much a chance at both Blackburn and Rotherham in the Championship but even in League One it took him a bit to get going - although once he did get going he was good

I expect if he did stay his role for us would not be too much different to how it was for Blackburn and Rotherham, a plan B striker to throw on with about 20 minutes left if needed, I doubt we would ever see him start for us

If we got a decent offer from Ipswich I would probably take it

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hirst is shit. Absolutely bin him off. 

If he's ever good enough for us I'll be horrified at how far we've fallen. 

For crying out loud pal give your head a wobble, we need to build a squad to get us promoted from the Championship not to qualify for the champions league !

• Haha 1

Seems a bargain. Some were crying out for us to sign young, hungry players with a bit of fight & heart. 
Now we’re in The Championship, mainly due to our stale, unfit squad showing none of the above. 
We have to get on with it. We have little choice but to lower our expectations regarding signings, same can be said of appointing a new manager too. 

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Personally I would have him as 3rd / 4th choice

I will admit he never really got much a chance at both Blackburn and Rotherham in the Championship but even in League One it took him a bit to get going - although once he did get going he was good

I expect if he did stay his role for us would not be too much different to how it was for Blackburn and Rotherham, a plan B striker to throw on with about 20 minutes left if needed, I doubt we would ever see him start for us

If we got a decent offer from Ipswich I would probably take it

The problem is Hirst looks like a type of player that needs a run of games to play himself into the form.   I do not think we can offer Hirst that and if we do then that means it has gone all tits up in striking department!

7 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

We are in the championship ya daft sod lmao

The only "daft sod" here is you really, he may have been poor in League one a while ago, so what? Vards was poor at Sheff Wednesday and got released, this lad  got goals in a struggling Blackpool side in the CHAMPIONSHIP.  nuff said.

1 minute ago, mad biker said:

The only "daft sod" here is you really, he may have been poor in League one a while ago, so what? Vards was poor at Sheff Wednesday and got released, this lad  got goals in a struggling Blackpool side in the CHAMPIONSHIP.  nuff said.

George Hirst hasn’t played for Blackpool ya daft sod lmao 

• Haha 1