Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jerry Yates

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm a long way from convinced I must be honest. Record is meh, doesn't score too well on fbref. That's not to say he's bad but he feels more the sort of signing a Blackburn or Millwall would make. I think we can do better. But I hope he proves me wrong should we do it.

Is that the Blackburn that looked better than us last time we played them? 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Hirst is shit. Absolutely bin him off. 

If he's ever good enough for us I'll be horrified at how far we've fallen. 

25 in February, safe to say if you've been through the academies as a boy and still haven't made your mark approaching your 25th birthday then you probably never will. 22 career league goals either in Belgium or League One, we need to be selling these type of profiles for any cash offer.

• Like 1

I’ve got no problem signing lower league players, it’s worked well for us in the past. The issue to me is that he’s 26 so hasn’t got that much room to develop, though I suppose you could have said the same thing about Vardy!

4m is great value. Brentford we’re paying over 10 for Toney when they were in the Championship. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’ve got no problem signing lower league players, it’s worked well for us in the past. The issue to me is that he’s 26 so hasn’t got that much room to develop, though I suppose you could have said the same thing about Vardy!

4m is great value. Brentford we’re paying over 10 for Toney when they were in the Championship. 

He's been in the divsion we're going to be in for the last two seasons.

• Like 2

I do like the look of him. He clearly takes a good penalty too. 

still not sure it’s a position we need new signings for yet though. Have to see the outgoings first. 

I do like the blue print of this signing though. Young (ish), hungry, point to prove and will be buzzing to be at Leicester. 

• Like 1

Appears to be a smart signing. Will be interesting what happens with our 3 strikers next season. Could just as easily see all 3 or none here come September, or anything in between. 

But someone young (ish), cheap and hungry, like Yates, Leaburn or Langstaff as a 3rd choice would be smart business. Or even Clarke-Harris

Edited by Foxes96
  • Like 1

We have to gamble on some lower fee players. It’s clear we can no longer spunk 20m - 30m on the soumares and Perezes of this world. You’d just hope the scouting team has done their job and get behind the team that is brought in, as others have mentioned, get players that would be buzzing to get a move to us to advance their careers.