Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

11 hours ago, LFox99 said:

far off it

JWP, KWP, Onuachu, Lavia, Livramento all in talks to leave

JWP likely going to West Ham, KWP being courted by Fulham (alongside Timmy), Onuachu reported to want to return to Genk and to play UCL football with them, Lavia to Liverpool, Livramento to Newcastle

Presumably they'll have to sell some of those guys to balance the books (especially because they've already spent more than they've sold) and avoid having a bunch of players angry at not being allowed to leave for Prem football. The longer they wait the better the deal they might be able to negotiate but the season is about to start and with only two players in a rebuild will be required.

10 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I'm sure we could have got him if we wanted him. And judging a decision on a player in hindsight is the most useless activity one can undertake....  

It wont be hindsight though will it. I am stating a claim that this is a missed transfer at this current moment, in 6 months time I will either be right or wrong. Hindsight would be if I had not had an opinion on this transfer now and developed one after seeing how Mebude performs abroad or if I had an opinion on the transfer and changed it based on how he performs. If Mebude is performing exceptionally in 6-8 months time then that is a fair metric to judge whether my claim of this being a missed transfer is correct or not, I would be happy to admit I was wrong.

12 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Are they though? - unless they make significant progress over last year, that magical home support will soon start to wither....  for new PL teams, season 2 is often harder than season 1.

Oh no, it's the exact point I'm making. I just don't see how they manage this situation without making significant concessions in order to get rid of some of those players. 

And as you said, I can't see them having another miracle season where they grind out 1-0 wins at home.

It's honestly a toss-up between Wolves, Forest, Everton, Sheffield United and Palace for the two relegation spots (let's be honest, Luton Town have no ambition of staying up, they want to build a decent championship quality squad)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

It wont be hindsight though will it. I am stating a claim that this is a missed transfer at this current moment, in 6 months time I will either be right or wrong. Hindsight would be if I had not had an opinion on this transfer now and developed one after seeing how Mebude performs abroad or if I had an opinion on the transfer and changed it based on how he performs. If Mebude is performing exceptionally in 6-8 months time then that is a fair metric to judge whether my claim of this being a missed transfer is correct or not, I would be happy to admit I was wrong.

You said, "What we will know in 6 - 8 months time is whether we have dropped the ball or not by not going in for him based off his performance in Belgium." - that, sir, is hindsight, reflecting on the decision not to sign him 6-8 months after we did not sign him.

1 hour ago, Ryy said:

Interested to see how he does 

40 odd million he's cost clubs since leaving us for free. 

We don't often (that I can think of?) but we definitely fvcked up there. Not quite Jason Sancho, Paul Pogba levels but still. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

You said, "What we will know in 6 - 8 months time is whether we have dropped the ball or not by not going in for him based off his performance in Belgium." - that, sir, is hindsight, reflecting on the decision not to sign him 6-8 months after we did not sign him.

It's not hindsight, hindsight is when you already know the outcome and determine what the best approach would have been in the past based off of that. What I have done is made a statement that we have missed an opportunity, which will either be proven right or wrong based off the player's performance, there is no hindsight involved.

36 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's not hindsight, hindsight is when you already know the outcome and determine what the best approach would have been in the past based off of that. What I have done is made a statement that we have missed an opportunity, which will either be proven right or wrong based off the player's performance, there is no hindsight involved.

Good grief.  It's one thing misunderstanding another poster's comments, but when you can't even understand your own....  words fail me.

55 minutes ago, JimJams said:

It's not hindsight. He's making a judgement on the situation now and its potential outcome.

No. His original comment was that we'd look back on this at the end of the season and regret it.  That is hindsight.

Edited by Lillehamring

53 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Annoying that he was supposedly unhappy with us about trying to train him to be a centre back which we wanted to do because we had Luke Thomas at left back

Yet now he is purposely being signed by teams to be a centre back

Be interesting to see how he does with Fulham, Ajax seem pretty happy to get rid of him

Didn't we also have Chilwell as well, so he had two players in front of him for LB and we felt that he would be better served for his development as a CB. 

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Annoying that he was supposedly unhappy with us about trying to train him to be a centre back which we wanted to do because we had Luke Thomas at left back

Yet now he is purposely being signed by teams to be a centre back

Be interesting to see how he does with Fulham, Ajax seem pretty happy to get rid of him

Seem to remember seeing him at right back :dunno: either way, yes, i heard the same thing, that he didn't want to be a CB, and then moved and immediately started playing CB.  So maybe it was just a rumour, guy was bult like a CB even then!

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We don't often (that I can think of?) but we definitely fvcked up there. Not quite Jason Sancho, Paul Pogba levels but still. 

Did we offer him a contract but he declined it? 

Just on players that declined offers, I see Sidnei Tavares has never really kicked on. Kaputska has played more since he left. 

Some Twitter talk that Everton are after Teté.

Not a great choice if he wants the remaining flair (no pun intended ;)) knocked out of him under Dyche!

Edited by stu
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

No. His original comment was that we'd look back on this at the end of the season and regret it.  That is hindsight.

It's not though. He's talking in the future tense. Hindsight is "we should have signed a goalie when Kasper left", not "if we don't sign a goalie and let Kasper leave, we will regret it."

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Fcuked up in not cashing but I’ve always thought he’s not particularly that good personally. Will have to see if that plays out this season 

Curious what Leeds are doing with loaning out lots of their players. Must assume it only applies to those players with contracts 2+ years and that they have options or obligations on their loans.

Or something more nefarious is going on.

45 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Curious what Leeds are doing with loaning out lots of their players. Must assume it only applies to those players with contracts 2+ years and that they have options or obligations on their loans.

Or something more nefarious is going on.

Could it be loan them out with other clubs covering their wages, in the hope that by the time they return they will be a Premier League club again?