Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The UK Migrant Crisis

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What's the solution to this ever-growing issue?

Do you think a 'migrant boat' or more would help solve the issue to an extent?

What do you mean by a migrant boat?

I have no issue with those who come here legally to better themselves.

The problem is the illegal migrants who should seek asylum at the first "safe" country they come to and that, invariably, is not the United Kingdom.

19 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The solution is to not feed the racists what they want and fall for the media hype in order to make people angry about immigrants thereby distracting from the far more serious governmental failures, of which there are too many to list.

The actual solution is a processing centre in France. France have offered this but the government have refused.

The reason they refused is because they want the migrant 'problem'.

It allows Britain First and other far right affiliated groups to recruit members which the government want as they'll most likely vote Tory. Just listen to braverman, she uses the same words as Germany did in the 1930's.

Also these barges are run at an eye watering cost which is c.£20,000 a day per 500 migrants. Some scum bags are making a lot of cash from from our taxes. This money will disappear offshore and not be taxable.

To those saying I'm ok with those coming legally, there are NO legal routes. They want to criminalise everyone for profit.

Let's not forget Rwanda where it was revealed that braverman FORGOT to disclose her relationship with the country prior to choosing them to traffick the migrants to. Also think about all the cash they can extract from this scheme too.

The migrant problem is entirely manufactured for the profit and power for very rich people.

Nonsense. 

So the government is deliberately causing this situation in the hope that more people will vote for the same government that is making a mess of it?- Strange way of thinking.

Putting migrants in hotels also has an eye watering cost and damages the local economy. This is not sustainable. 

There are safe legal routes from countries that are deemed to require them, this obviously won't include every country. And you have no right to live in a different country just because it has a better standard of living than your own. Or want to move because of friends or family reasons.

Also what is specifically wrong with Rwanda?

I agree with your statement that a solution would be for a processing centre in France. Do you have a link to where the French have offered this?

52 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I have no issue with those who come here legally to better themselves.

The problem is the illegal migrants who should seek asylum at the first "safe" country they come to and that, invariably, is not the United Kingdom.

To better themselves is not a valid reason to apply for asylum. 

There is no legal requirement to apply in the first safe country reached.

55 minutes ago, Otis said:

Nonsense. 

So the government is deliberately causing this situation in the hope that more people will vote for the same government that is making a mess of it?- Strange way of thinking.

Putting migrants in hotels also has an eye watering cost and damages the local economy. This is not sustainable. 

There are safe legal routes from countries that are deemed to require them, this obviously won't include every country. And you have no right to live in a different country just because it has a better standard of living than your own. Or want to move because of friends or family reasons.

Also what is specifically wrong with Rwanda?

I agree with your statement that a solution would be for a processing centre in France. Do you have a link to where the French have offered this?

What about those from nations destabilised by historical Western intervention or colonialism?

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Considering that migrant numbers have rocketed since they've been in power, I can quite easily believe that the Tories are being deliberately negligent on this issue and then publicly issuing tough-sounding rhetoric on the matter in order to help them win elections.

For me, we need to stop demonising migrants and start funding our public services properly. In the community, I hear a lot of people talking about how 'the country is full' and how difficult it is to get doctors' appointments, social housing, etc. The solution is proper funding in our public services, but being seen to be tough on migrants is an 'easy win' for the right wing and a great way of getting the masses to vote for a party that doesn't really represent their best interests.

Immigration is a net positive to our country. As a rule, migrants contribute more to our economy and society than they take from it. And we need stop referring to 'fighting age males' (a phrase I'm seeing more and more of by people who are wholly opposed to migration) and instead start referring to 'working age people' as it is precisely these people who will be helping to fund our pensions when it's our time to collect them.

There are clearly some bad apples out there, as there are in every section of the world's population. And when a clearly quite horrific and emotive thing happens such as the attacks in Nottingham this week, it's an easy thing to say that tougher migrant controls would have stopped this kind of thing from happening. But isn't it that just pushing the problem elsewhere? If a person with a mental illness or murderous tendencies commits that kind of atrocity here or in France, or in Syria or Nigeria or the United States, that's still a huge tragedy wherever it is. Which is why, to me, the solution to that specific problem is worldwide attention on the prevention of violent attacks by lifting more people out of poverty, giving the world's poorest people hope, education, and access to mental and physical health services. This clearly requires a joined-up approach involving multiple nations and organisations so I don't hold much hope for that right now, but one can dream.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Sudan? Or do you think once the Empire left all their issues went away?

From the government website. 

Our safe and legal routes have provided refuge for people from all over the world.

The top nationalities on resettlement routes from 2015 to 2022 include people from Syria, Iraq, Sudan and Somalia.

The top nationalities who have come to the UK through the Family Reunion route from 2015 to 2022 include people from Syria, Eritrea, Iran, Sudan and Pakistan.

Data on the nationalities that have come to the UK through our safe and legal routes can be seen in the Quarterly Immigration Statistics

@Otismoving the conversation to the right thread. Who is 'we'? Are you saying you knew who the people were you took into your house? We didn't, the refugees who arrived in Spain from the Ukraine didn’t have documents with them, and tbh I didn't care. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Otis said:

From the government website. 

Our safe and legal routes have provided refuge for people from all over the world.

The top nationalities on resettlement routes from 2015 to 2022 include people from Syria, Iraq, Sudan and Somalia.

The top nationalities who have come to the UK through the Family Reunion route from 2015 to 2022 include people from Syria, Eritrea, Iran, Sudan and Pakistan.

Data on the nationalities that have come to the UK through our safe and legal routes can be seen in the Quarterly Immigration Statistics

Have you read what the family reunion route is? So you'd have to have immediate family here already? So how would you initially be granted permission to come and stay. You were saying they don't have a right because another country has a better standard of living, but surely we should be fairly open to those looking to better themselves from countries we used for our own gain and left in such a state that they are still feeling the affects of it today.

• Like 2