Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flamey

Unhappy Father's Day

1 minute ago, Flamey said:

This is my second Father's day without having a father I can wish Happy Father's Day to. Struggling a bit to be honest. My heartfelt thoughts to all in a similar position.

To everyone else, cherish the day. :)

Just had some tears from my Mrs.

It's the first time she can't spend Father's Day with her dad, who passed away in November.

Sending strength and love to everyone in a similar position x

• Like 2

We lost my girlfriends dad March 2020, massive credit to her for the strength she shows around days like today, I couldn’t do it. She makes light of it but I know she’s hurting, I feel for anyone who has lost a parent. I can’t even begin to imagine. My thought are with you.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Lost my Dad 2 years ago.....i look at it another way.....it's a day of remembering the good times we had.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Paul and i fully understand what you are saying about 'looking at it another way' as most days I am the same, Its just sometimes it's hard to accept that there won't be any more good times to add and today being Fathers day underlined that fact. Grief is a 'funny' thing though and sometimes it just hits harder than other times I guess. All the best to you.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Flamey said:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Paul and i fully understand what you are saying about 'looking at it another way' as most days I am the same, Its just sometimes it's hard to accept that there won't be any more good times to add and today being Fathers day underlined that fact. Grief is a 'funny' thing though and sometimes it just hits harder than other times I guess. All the best to you.

we are all on a different journey chap and at different stages. Just be you and cope/ manage the best way you can. I’m sure Paul was just talking about how he copes/ manages. All the best to you! :cheers:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

we are all on a different journey chap and at different stages. Just be you and cope/ manage the best way you can. I’m sure Paul was just talking about how he copes/ manages. All the best to you! :cheers:

Thanks @MPH I agree 💯 👍.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I suppose it's a bit off topic but I lost my mam last week. I'm not really OK. It's a shit time in your life mate.

Wishing all the best to all of you who have lost loved ones at this time in the year. 

Best wishes FT. 

Sorry to hear that mate.

Sending hugs and love.

X

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I suppose it's a bit off topic but I lost my mam last week. I'm not really OK. It's a shit time in your life mate.

Wishing all the best to all of you who have lost loved ones at this time in the year. 

Best wishes FT. 

So sorry for your loss @Finnegan, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Best wishes FT. 

Sorry for your loss mate. 

1 hour ago, Flamey said:

All the best to you as well mate!And as you say grief is a funny thing!Suppose it was easier for me(my dad had dementia and was in a care home for 2 years......so we knew he wasn't coming home and it was only a matter of time before the inevetable!)Sorry if i made it sound a bit "matter of fact"......but that's the way i cope with it!Anyway hope you have a good summer and next season will be better than last!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

All the best to you as well mate!And as you say grief is a funny thing!Suppose it was easier for me(my dad had dementia and was in a care home for 2 years......so we knew he wasn't coming home and it was only a matter of time before the inevetable!)Sorry if i made it sound a bit "matter of fact"......but that's the way i cope with it!Anyway hope you have a good summer and next season will be better than last!

Those two years must have been very tough for you Paul. Your message didn't come over as 'matter of fact' at all 👍 so no need to apologise for that. Hope you have a good summer too mate. 😀.....lastly yes everything is crossed for next season!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Best wishes FT. 

Bless you mate. Sorry for your loss. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Best wishes FT. 

:cry:

so sorry. Much love you to and your family. Be crap and take as long as you want to get over it.  Don’t feel like you have to heal from it quickly, time will help you to  cope not necessarily heal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Best wishes FT. 

Sorry to hear that mate x

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flamey said:

Aint it just.  You think you've got everything under control and a song, a smell, a phrase that someone uses. Yeah, cheers.  I needed that like a hole in the head.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Best wishes FT. 

Sorry for your loss mate.

Best advice from losing my mum 12 years ago (next month) is to take it a day at a time. Have your moments, never forget the memories you made!

Much love to you all who have lost someone dear recently. Wish you all well on your journey to peace and happiness.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Best wishes FT. 

Sorry to hear that Finnegan. Best wishes to you.

And best wishes to everyone in the thread who has posted also.

• Thanks 2

Then you get the opposite, i arranged for my dad to come round mine for dinner, which he agreed. Then the day before he texts me to now say cant make it as 'i am now busy'

F*** that, you made arrangements, commit to them. Barely sees his grandkids, which most of you know 1 of them is severely disabled. But his priorities are clearly elsewhere.

Sometimes i could throttle him

• Sad 1