Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

19 minutes ago, jv1 said:

To go with the 3 we already have that should be absolutely mustard at this level 😂

Vardy - will be 37 during the season, I'd be surprised if he makes much of a contribution, can't imagine he'll play 90 minutes very often

Daka - unknown quantity as to whether he can adapt and come good. Rumours of potentially leaving?

Iheanacho - Is he even going to stay? Would he try and leave? Would he have to be sold if not signing a new deal?

• Like 1

I would say we very much need a striker… Vardys contribution is becoming less and less Daka is not good enough and iheanacho hits the back of the stand 5 times more than he hits the back of the net 

3 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

I would say we very much need a striker… Vardys contribution is becoming less and less Daka is not good enough and iheanacho hits the back of the stand 5 times more than he hits the back of the net 

Really don't get what other see if Kel?? His goal contribution for us is a goal every 3 games, and how many of those games have been starts vs substitute appearances? Vardy on the other hand is a club legend and has a goal roughly every 2 -2.5 games and up until last season was the 1st name on the team sheet 

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Really don't get what other see if Kel?? His goal contribution for us is a goal every 3 games, and how many of those games have been starts vs substitute appearances? Vardy on the other hand is a club legend and has a goal roughly every 2 -2.5 games and up until last season was the 1st name on the team sheet 

He has 55 goals in 9736 minutes for us. Which is a goal every 171 minutes. So better than a 1 in 2 equivalence. If you factor assists for goal involvements it's 88 (33 assists) so it's an involvement every 110 minutes.

Vardy has 170 in 31840 minutes. A goal every 187 minutes. He has a goal involvement every 133 minutes.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

With the Barnes and Maddison money, we should throw money at Swansea/Piroe to recoup some of the goals that have exited the team... 

nah we'll give them Ward Vesty and Hirst plus £1mil, fair deal all round i say:ph34r:

53 minutes ago, StanSP said:

With the Barnes and Maddison money, we should throw money at Swansea/Piroe to recoup some of the goals that have exited the team... 

We definitely need goals in the team, especially from midfield areas. This guy would be an expensive option. I wonder if they would want to shift a striker first. 

4 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

We definitely need goals in the team, especially from midfield areas. This guy would be an expensive option. I wonder if they would want to shift a striker first. 

If Kel is going that's another bunch of goals gone... 

Just now, StanSP said:

If Kel is going that's another bunch of goals gone... 

Agree, but do we need 4 expensive strikers in the championship. I think we need to look at a creative player and goals from midfield. If Kel or Daka goes, this is the type of signing we should be making. If they know one wants to leave I'm behind this all day. 

I do hope we're looking at Maddison alternatives 

Just now, fox_favourite said:

Agree, but do we need 4 expensive strikers in the championship. I think we need to look at a creative player and goals from midfield. If Kel or Daka goes, this is the type of signing we should be making. If they know one wants to leave I'm behind this all day. 

I do hope we're looking at Maddison alternatives 

I'd like to think we're looking at both, with an eye to the future too. For me Piroe fits the bill, as you suspect Vardy and Kel will leave at some point within the next 12-18 months. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

It's the wrong goals, thought, if we aren't selling any of the front three. 

And even if we are, if the plan is to play 433 or 343 then we really need proper wide players. 

Piroe may have played as an auxiliary wide man before but signing him to replace Barnes would be like signing Perez to replace Riyad. Piroe is, lets be honest, a good finisher but something of a donkey. He's not going bombing down the flanks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's the wrong goals, thought, if we aren't selling any of the front three. 

And even if we are, if the plan is to play 433 or 343 then we really need proper wide players. 

Piroe may have played as an auxiliary wide man before but signing him to replace Barnes would be like signing Perez to replace Riyad. Piroe is, lets be honest, a good finisher but something of a donkey. He's not going bombing down the flanks. 

Sorry, I don't mean as a direct replacement as a winger. 

53 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

If Barnes goes I can see us pretty much going after him as number 1 target.

We've been tracking him for years

...we need other fringe players off the books, even if we have to accept lower than we want in fees!!!

Keeping Barnes to play as an inverted #10 alongside Piroe with a striker ahead would suit the new set up.

Bridging in Borges out wide would be an option, where we can adjust in games and I believe he will be an assist machine.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we need other fringe players off the books, even if we have to accept lower than we want in fees!!!

Keeping Barnes to play as an inverted #10 alongside Piroe with a striker ahead would suit the new set up.

Bridging in Borges out wide would be an option, where we can adjust in games and I believe he will be an assist machine.

The fringe players aren't wanted and there lies the issue.

Barnes really is our only real saleable asset left. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Sorry, I don't mean as a direct replacement as a winger. 

I knew what you meant but I just think we're good for strikers unless we're losing more than one of our front three if I'm honest. Especially if he's going to play one at a time in a front 3.

I'd only expect us to prioritise Piroe if Enzo isn't keen on both Daka and Iheanacho or we're planning to sell them both. 

2 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

If Barnes goes I can see us pretty much going after him as number 1 target.

We've been tracking him for years

That would explain why Congerton's new club is apparently our biggest competitor to sign him...