Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

Going to put my realistic head on here.

It's an inevitability that Joel Piroe is leaving Swansea, they know it too given he has only one year left. Two productive seasons in front of goal will draw a lot of attention, and I can only see him moving up the football pyramid rather than a sideways move.

The only way he will sign for Leicester, is if he buys into Enzo's vision and he is an automatic starter on matchdays ahead of the likes of Daka, Iheanacho and Vardy. Otherwise, this thread may as well be closed to stop us all hoping, and trust me, this would be a statement signing for a promotion push.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

It's an inevitability that Joel Piroe is leaving Swansea, they know it too given he has only one year left. Two productive seasons in front of goal will draw a lot of attention, and I can only see him moving up the football pyramid rather than a sideways move.

The only way he will sign for Leicester, is if he buys into Enzo's vision and he is an automatic starter on matchdays ahead of the likes of Daka, Iheanacho and Vardy. Otherwise, this thread may as well be closed to stop us all hoping, and trust me, this would be a statement signing for a promotion push.

Nobody would describe moving from say Villa to Man City as a sideways move.

So moving from Swansea to Leicester...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

'The only way he will sign for Leicester....' is if they offer him (and his agent) the best financial package. 

• Like 1

It's a sideways move when clubs in the Premier League come calling. And the likes of Everton/Forest are making noises from a league higher than us. Piroe, like most footballers, would only want to move upwards, given the opportunity.

If there is substance to this so-called swap deal with Everton, with Ellis Simms going the other way, I struggle to see how we can compete with that. Still being realistic, thinking that we are not the destination for Joel Piroe.

https://twitter.com/dimarzio/status/1676713195099107332?s=46

My Italian is a little rusty.. but, according to Di Marzio, Salernitana are in for Piroe:

‘#Calciomercato LIVE I #Salernitana, si continua a trattare #Piroe dello Swansea. Interesse per #Collocolo dell'@ascolicalciofc. Asse #Frosinone-#Sassuolo, possibile prestito di #Defrel ai ciociari‘

8 hours ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

https://twitter.com/dimarzio/status/1676713195099107332?s=46

My Italian is a little rusty.. but, according to Di Marzio, Salernitana are in for Piroe:

‘#Calciomercato LIVE I #Salernitana, si continua a trattare #Piroe dello Swansea. Interesse per #Collocolo dell'@ascolicalciofc. Asse #Frosinone-#Sassuolo, possibile prestito di #Defrel ai ciociari‘

Loan plus 5 bob up-front ?

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Don’t care if we get him or not, think we have enough upfront to be honest 

Biggest reason I don't want us to sign him is it probably means one of our own is leaving and I'd take all three of our strikers over Piroe. That's no insult to Piroe, either, it's just an area of the pitch we're pretty strong in all things considered. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’d like to think so too, but I didn’t see anything from last season to say that Daka or Vardy could score 20+ goals this season, despite the drop in divisions. Add to the fact we will most likely lose Iheanacho also, it’s important we get at least one striker. Piroe would be excellent as he’s coming off the back of two great seasons in this division, however our ability to get him will probably depend on who else wants him.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Biggest reason I don't want us to sign him is it probably means one of our own is leaving and I'd take all three of our strikers over Piroe. That's no insult to Piroe, either, it's just an area of the pitch we're pretty strong in all things considered. 

I'm not so sure we are anymore, I hope Vardy can get back firing but he is getting on now. Nacho and Daka and unknown quantities at this level but I don't have the faith that any of them can get 20+ goals... or double figures for that matter.

Would like a target man to come in too but I doubt that will happen.

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

I'm not so sure we are anymore, I hope Vardy can get back firing but he is getting on now. Nacho and Daka and unknown quantities at this level but I don't have the faith that any of them can get 20+ goals... or double figures for that matter.

Would like a target man to come in too but I doubt that will happen.

You don't have faith that Iheanacho could get 10 goals at this level? lol

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

You don't have faith that Iheanacho could get 10 goals at this level? lol

Only on the basis that he will presumably never play like what every other manager has done with him lol 

Also, fully expect him to go.

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I feel that's a pretty bold statement considering our top GS last year was a winger who scored more PL goals than our three strikers combined. 

I get it's not a black and white situation. There are other factors, poor season/style of football/ lack of goalscoring oppertunity etc, and we all know that they are better than what they showed last year. It just came across as helluva confident off the back of our top scoring striker scoring five goals last year, especially when you take out the creativity of Maddison and likely Barnes. 

I don't think it matters anyhow as I can't see all three staying. My bet would be Nacho leaving and I feel Piroe would be the perfect replacement. Also, if we plan on playing two up top (who knows) we would need another striker and I feel he and Nacho rotating whilst Daka and Vardy done the same would be great depth. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I feel that's a pretty bold statement considering our top GS last year was a winger who scored more PL goals than our three strikers combined. 

I get it's not a black and white situation. There are other factors, poor season/style of football/ lack of goalscoring oppertunity etc, and we all know that they are better than what they showed last year. It just came across as helluva confident off the back of our top scoring striker scoring five goals last year, especially when you take out the creativity of Maddison and likely Barnes. 

I don't think it matters anyhow as I can't see all three staying. My bet would be Nacho leaving and I feel Piroe would be the perfect replacement. Also, if we plan on playing two up top (who knows) we would need another striker and I feel he and Nacho rotating whilst Daka and Vardy done the same would be great depth. 

For the last two years our strikers have performed fairly well vs their contemporaries in the league. In 21/22 all three outperformed everyone except Jarrod Bowen outside the Big Six on productivity per 90 minutes.

Even last year, they actually stood up pretty well despite all lacking game time, all being chopped and changed frantically in and out of the time and all being woefully denied service, confidence and inspiration. 

I dont have any doubt at all that any of the three of them would score more than Piroe if Enzo actually commits to one and the side is positive and creative. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Er, what? 

Vardy - will be 37 during the season, I'd be surprised if he makes much of a contribution, can't imagine he'll play 90 minutes very often

Daka - unknown quantity as to whether he can adapt and come good. Rumours of potentially leaving?

Iheanacho - Is he even going to stay? Would he try and leave? Would he have to be sold if not signing a new deal?

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

19 goals 2 assists in the championship are not particularly impressive numbers. If we sign him for 15 mil and we get promoted we will have to sign another striker that is prem quality. Piroe is the type of striker that screams 5 PL goals in 2500 PL minutes when he makes the step up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

19 goals 2 assists in the championship are not particularly impressive numbers. If we sign him for 15 mil and we get promoted we will have to sign another striker that is prem quality. Piroe is the type of striker that screams 5 PL goals in 2500 PL minutes when he makes the step up.

Vardy only got 16 in our Championship winning season, worked out ok......

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Vardy only got 16 in our Championship winning season, worked out ok......

He had 10 assists and played 1000 less minutes that season and didnt take any penalties (piroe had 2). On top of that, despite being a far better player in the championship, Vardy still needed a full season to get adjusted to the PL.

4 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

We need a striker bad.

Real bad.

To go with the 3 we already have that should be absolutely mustard at this level 😂