Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

I actually agree with Enzo’s previous comments about not being able to play more than one in Vesty, Coady and Doyle due to their lack of pace.

Coady is clearly more vocal than the rest, pretty sure there was a Cruyff turn in there as well.

However, Jannik and him together in a three is too easy to play through IMO.

Definitely makes you think that Vesty should leave in the Summer and Coady will be here as a squad player next season.

9 minutes ago, westernpark said:

For the goal the midfield was just as guilty if not more than Coady, as there was no pressure on the passer.

There was absolutely no midfield presence or pressure to stop that pass.  It was ridiculously easy to play through 

17 minutes ago, westernpark said:

For the goal the midfield was just as guilty if not more than Coady, as there was no pressure on the passer.

Agree, Coady has no pace but Ndidi just stood and watched the player before he passed. 

I think  he was signed to start alongside Faes but Vesty's form has made him undropable. Fair play to Vesty but if we played Coady and Vesty together we would be destroyed because of their lack of pace.

It's an odd one really. You could see how he was forcing his leadership influence on everyone, from at the warmup where he was shouting at the rest of the team and in the game. When Vardy scored he went straight over to Fatawu. It clearly makes a difference, even if it looked like he was getting players nerves at times.

But i don't think he's any good. He got done for pace a few times and you could see how slow he is.  I don't really know how Enzo plays it from here. If he keeps him in I don't think he can do the Coady/Vesty/Faes thing again. I actually think Vestergaard is the one who should be dropped.

Edited by Chelmofox

54 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Agree and they were walked through by West Brom on numerous occasions during the whole game, Ndidi at times did a great impression of the strolling Soumare and to be fair KDH wasn’t very combative either albeit he had been ill.

57 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Agree and they were walked through by West Brom on numerous occasions during the whole game, Ndidi at times did a great impression of the strolling Soumare and to be fair KDH wasn’t very combative either albeit he had been ill.

N’didi just looks like a shadow of what he was. Unfair though as maybe he’s still not match fit. 

Thought he was outstanding really when you consider how little he’s played recently. Has to play every game now until we’re promoted. Born leader and that’s what we really lacked in those games at Bristol City, Millwall and Plymouth. 

• Like 3

Clearly he could have added value recently when we have a hugely underperforming Faes and needed some mental fortitude. Not sure I'd be strongly praising much of the backline given the chances we gave up yesterday though.

Has to start for the remainder of the season. Obviously. 

After the state of the last week I was certain Enzo was going to do a pig-headed, ostrich necked, pale imitation of a Brendan Rodgers tribute act by persisting with a Faes - Vestergaard partnership to the death, but, I was instead, pleasantly surprised. :appl:

13 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Nope. 

Vesty was. 

Maybe a little harsh on Coady, but he got his body shape all wrong, which you can't do if you have no pace. As others have already said, no pressure on the passer doesn't help

• Like 1