Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

1 minute ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I think his treatment has been a disgrace to be honest. He has kept his end of the deal by galvanising the lads, sorting out and policing the changing room as per what the manager requested when he was signed but it seems the manager is reluctant to use him at all costs.

I still can’t get my head around the QPR game and the decision to play Nelson over Coady after his performance and clean sheet at Bournemouth. We were in the midst of our rut, crying out for some composure and leadership on the pitch.

Admittedly Faes and Vestergaard have rightly been the first choice pairing for a majority of the season, but we have been crying out for his main attributes for a number of weeks now.

How do you know he's done anything? Are you in the changing room to determine he's had any impact? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I think his treatment has been a disgrace to be honest. He has kept his end of the deal by galvanising the lads, sorting out and policing the changing room as per what the manager requested when he was signed but it seems the manager is reluctant to use him at all costs.

I still can’t get my head around the QPR game and the decision to play Nelson over Coady after his performance and clean sheet at Bournemouth. We were in the midst of our rut, crying out for some composure and leadership on the pitch.

Admittedly Faes and Vestergaard have rightly been the first choice pairing for a majority of the season, but we have been crying out for his main attributes for a number of weeks now.

How do you know its a 'disgrace'? At the end of the day he's paid to do a job but in this sport you aren't guaranteed to get what you want when you want. He could still play a significant role in the run in, as I think Faes might get dropped following his trip with Belgium.

Regarding QPR, i'm convinced it was about pace. Nelson is far more mobile, and to be fair, it wasn't as if he didn't deserve his chance is it? If we played Coady and lost 1-2 all the fans will be whining that Enzo didn't give the yoooth a chance.

15 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Bit OTT! 

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

How do you know he's done anything? Are you in the changing room to determine he's had any impact? 

You've only got to see him training and in the warm ups etc to see how he is with the squad. On Sunday he went round every player before they went back down the tunnel doing high fives, fistbumps & hugs etc. No-one can get in a players head and tell you if he's impacted them but you also can't say having the players around that have been there and done it is anything but a positive influence.

He was on the Monday Night Club on 5Live (seems to be a semi-permanent guest these days) and said that his role at this stage is to be an experienced voice in and around the dressing room and that players like him, Vards, Albrighton & KDH that have done seasons at this level and won the medals along with Harry Winks that have Champions League and top level experience are the calming influence. Was saying the Leeds winning run has been incredible but that the message all along has been that nothing is won until May whether we've had Ipswich, Saints or now Leeds with us in the top 2.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's been treated disgracefully I just find it bizarre him and Winks were the first names on Enzo's shopping list and one has been virtually ever-present and the other has been used less than the white crayon, especially when Faes particularly is having a dodgy run.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I don’t think he has been treated disgracefully, he has been very unlucky, the injury just before the start of the season meant he was not available and as a consequence Jannick came in and overall has been absolutely superb and has become integral to how we play. 

However I do wonder if his game time, or lack of, especially in the league is linked to a potential appearance clause, it does seem funny that since January time, there does appear to be less use of the wider squad and players who were being utilised regularly seem to be not as involved as often despite us looking jaded. 

I imagine the majority, if not all of the summer signings have some level of appearance clause in their loan or permanent contracts that sees add ons payable, it’s too much of a coincidence that Casadei went back to Chelsea to rot and then we have seen very little of Yunus, Coady, Cannon and I also feel it’s similar with Souttar. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Just listened to him on 5 live, really frustrated that he hasn’t played more. Especially in place of faes. Done absolutely nothing wrong and we need his leadership and character. What was the point in signing him? 

I think it’s abundantly clear, Enzo won’t pick him ahead of Faes unless he needs a rest. Faes and Vesty will be the first two names on the teams sheet, bar injury of suspension.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think it’s abundantly clear, Enzo won’t pick him ahead of Faes unless he needs a rest. Faes and Vesty will be the first two names on the teams sheet, bar injury of suspension.

Both form has dropped, especially faes. He is stubborn with team selection 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Just listened to him on 5 live, really frustrated that he hasn’t played more. Especially in place of faes. Done absolutely nothing wrong and we need his leadership and character. What was the point in signing him? 

I agree he needed bringing in for Faes a few weeks ago but more generally, I assume he was brought in to be first choice in the middle of the "three" in a similar way to how he was used at Wolves, which made sense. Unfortunately for him, he then picked up the first injury of his career and Vestergaard surprised everyone by turning out to be actually very good in that specific role. In an alternative universe where either he didn't get injured or Vestergaard had left/was shit, he'd probably have been playing all season. The Cannon signing I think continues to look a strange and unnecessary one but I can absolutely see the logic behind Coady coming in even if it hasn't gone how we'd expected.

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Both form has dropped, especially faes. He is stubborn with team selection 

Faes is in desperate need of being taken out of the team. He’s been horrible over the last few games. It’s the basic errors that are costing us, even against Chelsea he somehow gave the ball away standing still, he is very similar to Cags in his temperament and once his head has gone it’s gone. I’d definitely sell him on the summer, I reckon we could get £20-25m for him from some European team. 

24 minutes ago, Guest said:

I agree he needed bringing in for Faes a few weeks ago but more generally, I assume he was brought in to be first choice in the middle of the "three" in a similar way to how he was used at Wolves, which made sense. Unfortunately for him, he then picked up the first injury of his career and Vestergaard surprised everyone by turning out to be actually very good in that specific role. In an alternative universe where either he didn't get injured or Vestergaard had left/was shit, he'd probably have been playing all season. The Cannon signing I think continues to look a strange and unnecessary one but I can absolutely see the logic behind Coady coming in even if it hasn't gone how we'd expected.

The Watford away game is the one especially I didn’t like. Nothing against Nelson but when the stakes are so high we need an experienced head. He’s never done a lot wrong either, it’s just weird 

25 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Faes is in desperate need of being taken out of the team. He’s been horrible over the last few games. It’s the basic errors that are costing us, even against Chelsea he somehow gave the ball away standing still, he is very similar to Cags in his temperament and once his head has gone it’s gone. I’d definitely sell him on the summer, I reckon we could get £20-25m for him from some European team. 

There is absolutely no chance on earth we would get anything close to 20/25m for Wout faes 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

There is absolutely no chance on earth we would get anything close to 20/25m for Wout faes 😅

What do you mean?

Of course, the only logical expectation would be that we would pick up £20-25m for a player that we don't want in the starting line up of a second tier team. Especially when you add to that fact that we're likely paying him more than almost any team in europe would be willing to offer. We'll be fighting teams off come June. :ph34r: :nigel:

Just now, filbertway said:

What do you mean?

Of course, the only logical expectation would be that we would pick up £20-25m for a player that we don't want in the starting line up of a second tier team. Especially when you add to that fact that we're likely paying him more than almost any team in europe would be willing to offer. We'll be fighting teams off come June. :ph34r: :nigel:

Evening Mr Rudkin. 

• Haha 1

We really do need coady in the 11 more than ever, Faes is making multiple huge errors that almost lead to goals on the weekly, Coady has come in and done his job and has put in some decent performances and immediately been dropped. 

Considering our financial situation spending upto 10m when you include addons and wages on a player that barely gets into the team seems a bit of a stupid move. 

If he’s not favoured for the system then why buy him? If he’s here more as an experienced head we could have got plenty of players much cheaper than that. 

Frustratingly enough he would likely be one of the first names on the team sheets in a more conventional system. 

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We really do need coady in the 11 more than ever, Faes is making multiple huge errors that almost lead to goals on the weekly, Coady has come in and done his job and has put in some decent performances and immediately been dropped. 

Considering our financial situation spending upto 10m when you include addons and wages on a player that barely gets into the team seems a bit of a stupid move. 

If he’s not favoured for the system then why buy him? If he’s here more as an experienced head we could have got plenty of players much cheaper than that. 

Frustratingly enough he would likely be one of the first names on the team sheets in a more conventional system. 

I think when we did buy him it was expected he would be starting for us where Vestergaard does

However after the start Vestergaard and Faes made by the time Coady came back it wouldn't have been fair to drop either of them for Coady and it has only really taken until the past 5 games or so that one of them (Faes) should be dropped for him

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Claridge said:

Ridiculous that Enzo hasn’t played him more in the last few weeks when the defence has been poor, apart from when he played. 

This this and this. There's absolutely no excusing it, especially not since we've been averaging 2 goals a game and the two excellent defensive displays that we kept clean sheets in he played them both and did brilliantly (Bournemouth and Sunderland).

Enzo has had a howler this last month, proper head loss stuff which is understandable as an inexperienced manager but he's really not helped himself. Doubled down on his philosophy and trusted players despite both failing him in recent games. 

Where he's been excellent is regrouping during the international breaks and tweaking things and hopefully he does that after this one.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think when we did buy him it was expected he would be starting for us where Vestergaard does

However after the start Vestergaard and Faes made by the time Coady came back it wouldn't have been fair to drop either of them for Coady and it has only really taken until the past 5 games or so that one of them (Faes) should be dropped for him

Do agree on that at the start of the season that partnership was solid, but can't really see why he's still not being given a run, Faes and Vesty keep making a lot of mistakes as of late so would be good to give them something to think about, personally I think our defensive record flattered to deceive for a good 3 months now, we tend to gift attacks to opponents quite a lot but haven't been punished due to poor finishing. Hope he gets his chance!

Edited by cityfanlee23

The only thing I can think of is that CC doesn't quite meet some data point that Faes, Vesty and even Nelson does.  Problem is that influence and leadership can't be measured in the same way.

Some old school managers would just know they need to play some lumbersome, slow, tired nasty bastard defender that goes against every law on paper - they, the fans and players just know he needs to play - probably can't put into words why,  they just do. It's just a knowing and I don't think Enzo has developed that yet. 

Having said that, Coady can't be described like that above anyway. He's a good player that was bought by Enzo for considerable money so none of it actually makes any logical sense.

It's so Leicester City so I don't think there is any reason to it - just another bizarre decision to go with mountain of others! 

Edited by Collymore

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This this and this. There's absolutely no excusing it, especially not since we've been averaging 2 goals a game and the two excellent defensive displays that we kept clean sheets in he played them both and did brilliantly (Bournemouth and Sunderland).

Enzo has had a howler this last month, proper head loss stuff which is understandable as an inexperienced manager but he's really not helped himself. Doubled down on his philosophy and trusted players despite both failing him in recent games. 

Where he's been excellent is regrouping during the international breaks and tweaking things and hopefully he does that after this one.

So many times CC should’ve been used this season. If not starting he definitely should’ve been used in those games where we’ve needed to shut up shop and fight our way through. 

Vardy and Ricky P aside I don’t think we have any leaders and CC is just that.

He’d organise, control, calm down the defence and stick his head on every cross coming in.

Mind blowing stubbornness and naivety from Enzo.

• Like 1