Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Danny Drinkwater

“The championship is a difficult one”

Yes Danny, finding things too difficult is a symptom of playing above one’s abilities. You sir are now league one at best, and that’s if you can maintain your mental composure and focus yourself. I have no confidence you’ll be able to remain professional.

Brilliant when he was last here but sadly he is past his best now. 

In my opinion if he wants to get back playing then he can't afford to be picky about whether he plays in the Premier League or the Championship. 

He'd probably only make the bench for a side like Luton or Sheffield United.

Just now, lee7 said:

Brilliant when he was last here but sadly he is past his best now. 

In my opinion if he wants to get back playing then he can't afford to be picky about whether he plays in the Premier League or the Championship. 

He'd probably only make the bench for a side like Luton or Sheffield United.

Maybe if he gets a time machine and travels back to when they were in league one

I really wouldn't mind if we let him train and get his fitness levels up. I'm sure he'd enjoy being around seagrave and it might help him get a move elsewhere. He deserves respect for what he's achieved with us. He's not just any former player, he's a title winner and he was brilliant before he went to Chelsea. It never worked out for him and he's obviously struggled ever since. We can't offer him a contract or a place in the squad but there's no harm in showing him some support.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

It's sad to see him like this. I'd invite him for a trial with the u23s / improve his fitness.

If he's not up to it, obviously let him go. But if he can still offer something, we could do a lot worse than having him as a squad player or even sent on loan to Leuvren.

He was an average player that had 1 incredible season, what Chelsea were thinking when they signed him I'll never know, I think his fee was a bigger steal than maguire 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Does anyone else find it a bit sad that he is practically begging to come back and doesn't realise how ridiculous that is.:(

Almost as sad as the people who are still bitter all these years later that he had the belief in his own abilities to make it at a higher level than us.

He was fantastic for us and doesn't deserve the hate and ridicule he gets in here. Obviously it didn't work out for him after he left us as he has clearly had some demons to battle with mentally over the last few years.

He's now clearly past his best but I wouldn't be against him training here to get his fitness back up if it helps him get one last move elsewhere

12 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Almost as sad as the people who are still bitter all these years later that he had the belief in his own abilities to make it at a higher level than us.

He was fantastic for us and doesn't deserve the hate and ridicule he gets in here. Obviously it didn't work out for him after he left us as he has clearly had some demons to battle with mentally over the last few years.

He's now clearly past his best but I wouldn't be against him training here to get his fitness back up if it helps him get one last move elsewhere

I don't think anyone would be bitter, I remember most being pleased with the fee we got for him, he was poor that 16/17 season

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Struggling to understand the issue here for Leicester Fans.

I'm not interested in what's gone before because ultimately that's history and can't be changed.  I'm way more bothered about the tomorrow and future for LCFC and what we can achieve moving forward.

If DD wants to play, can prove he's fit enough and ultimately proves to our coaching set up he's actually good enough to make a difference and his attitude is correct, I don't see a problem in signing him.  Everything is on our terms, its all on him to prove all the above.  I get the baggage he's had off the field, but maybe he's matured as an individual?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

It's sad to see him like this. I'd invite him for a trial with the u23s / improve his fitness.

If he's not up to it, obviously let him go. But if he can still offer something, we could do a lot worse than having him as a squad player or even sent on loan to Leuvren.

What f***s he going to do at OH Leuven... he's already been on loan to 4 clubs by Chelsea and flopped at all of them.

We're not a bloody charity! Toughen up man 

Guest glasgowfox
4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

People need to stop over-reacting to this.

A guy that deserves to be considered a club legend for his role in our smashing the Championship, the 'Great Escape', winning the Premier League and then reaching a Champions League quarter final. We're supposed to be living in an age where people are more understanding, tolerant and aware than ever when it comes to mental health and it couldn't be more obvious that Drinkwater has been battling his demons for a while.

You've got to be either a legitimate sociopath or the biggest man-child ever to have rejoiced in his downfall purely because after putting in all that work for us he left to try his luck at a Big Six club. It's absolutely tragic how many grown men on here laugh every time something goes wrong in Drinkwater's career.

And even now, this isn't a transfer rumour is it? Some journalist's are asking him predictable questions, he's answered, of course he'd love to come back - good on him, fair play. Doesn't mean we're going to sign him, you don't have to worry about it, let him have his nostalgia and just wish him luck in finding a move if he wants to keep playing.

Guest glasgowfox

A guy that deserves to be considered a club legend for his role in our smashing the Championship, the 'Great Escape', winning the Premier League and then reaching a Champions League quarter final. We're supposed to be living in an age where people are more understanding, tolerant and aware than ever when it comes to mental health and it couldn't be more obvious that Drinkwater has been battling his demons for a while.

You've got to be either a legitimate sociopath or the biggest man-child ever to have rejoiced in his downfall purely because after putting in all that work for us he left to try his luck at a Big Six club. It's absolutely tragic how many grown men on here laugh every time something goes wrong in Drinkwater's career.

And even now, this isn't a transfer rumour is it? Some journalist's are asking him predictable questions, he's answered, of course he'd love to come back - good on him, fair play. Doesn't mean we're going to sign him, you don't have to worry about it, let him have his nostalgia and just wish him luck in finding a move if he wants to keep playing.

Absolutely nailed it mate.  Mental health is massive.  People say they understand but a lot of people do not but a lot do.  As a fellow sufferer I can state it feks you up.  Danny should not be slated for leaving Leicester but I feel a return would not be best for him or Leicester.  I wish him well though.

Edited by glasgowfox
Spelling errors

Top post of the closed season :appl:

Theres no rejoicing in his downfall at all. I just dont want a complete bellend who has been in more scraps in the last 5 years then Derek Chisora anyway near our club on top of his drink driving antics and behaviour in leaving the club in the first place. Exactly the sort of character the first team squad or the under 21s who look up to senior players dont need around. Like other posters have alluded to, surely Pearson would of had him at Bristol City if there was anything there from Drinkwater to offer

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Theres no rejoicing in his downfall at all. I just dont want a complete bellend who has been in more scraps in the last 5 years then Derek Chisora anyway near our club on top of his drink driving antics and behaviour in leaving the club in the first place. Exactly the sort of character the first team squad or the under 21s who look up to senior players dont need around. Like other posters have alluded to, surely Pearson would of had him at Bristol City if there was anything there from Drinkwater to offer

What you’re saying is valid. I get it, but it’s such shallow thinking. “He did bad, he’s not a good guy, don’t care”

Do you not think there’s more to it than him just liking a scrap? Like, have we literally not just seen this with Dele?

His behaviour in leaving the club, he went for a big pay rise to Chelsea, if my employer was holding me back from a massive pay rise, doing the same job, I’d act like a **** too.

We’re not a charity, but we’re a club that does, and should continue to, look after it’s former players who have contributed positively. Danny Simpson came and kept fit, Liam Moore is doing that now. I think Drinkwater did enough to get that same treatment, and hopefully help him find some stability, wherever that is.

• Like 3