Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Danny Drinkwater

It's a shame how badly his career went after leaving us, and like others said quite sad 

Unfortunately he is a prime example of how easily a players head can get turned, don't get me wrong he was a good player for us, but amongst that midfield he wasn't our best player by a long way 

He believed in all the hype that maybe his agent and some of the media was pinning on him it seems, which ultimately killed his career 

I can't say anything about his personal life ,as if we read what's true, seems he has made many mistakes, we all have in life 

He was a good footballer, had it pretty much made here with the title winning season and a champions league run which will go down in our history, and from what we know he regrets leaving and may think to himself what could have been, we could potentially be talking about him in the same breath as Vards 

As someone else has said, reading the Saudi talk about a move really made me cringe

The Wrexham story may suit his next move, a chance to rebuild himself at a club that's on the up and in a league where he could easily boss it, if he gets himself sorted 

It's a shame that in a career where he achieved the unthinkable with us, the last few years are what neutrals are going to remember him by 

• Like 3

Hope he sorts out his future life. Can't be easy when you've come so close to greatness, and then you end up being the best example of "I could have been a contender..."  In some ways it makes me grateful I never really had top talent in any field (still managed to waste opportunities though, when I look back). 

Hopefully he finds himself something!

Think I read something saying that he had so many family bereavements just after leaving Leicester, which was bound to take its toll on his professional career. 

He's not the right player for us to take back, but I always thought he was a fantastic servant to the club and always fought for the shirt, deserving a move away when he wanted to try something new. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Nope definitely did it at the valley. Pretty sure it was the game Michael Morrison and yann fuxking kermagant scored for them. Drinks got the reply cupped his ears at the whole away end in 13/14

Was definitely that game as it was my eldest’s first ever game. Matty James was sent off. 

Anyway, find this really sad as he was my favourite player in the title-winning season. He’s obviously been hugely affected by mental health problems and has been spiralling. With a year out in the game, he needs a League 1/2 team to take a risk on him with a pay as you play contract. 

My favourite moment of that title-winning season was using a friend’s Chelsea tickets to watch us play them and they clapped the team onto the pitch, as it was the last game of the season. Was sat next to some rather sketchy mid-20s Chelsea fans who were slagging off Leicester throughout so we kept our Leicester tops hidden. When Chelsea scored me and the kid had to pretend to celebrate. Drinkwater then scored to make it 1-1 and all throughout the home support you could see pockets of Leicester fans stand up amongst the Chelsea masses. As did the sketchy lads next to us who were also actually Leicester fans. Chelsea fans (rightly) get bad press but they were superb towards us before the game, when we were rumbled and afterwards. 

Had Conte not walked/been sacked his career might have been completely different, Sarri came in & didn't give him a chance just wanted his own players & then typically Sarri only lasted1 season.
Obviously the failed loan's are on Danny himself although we all have at somepoint wanted to stick the nut on 1 of our colleagues & made an arse of ourselves on a night out.

I liked the guy he made 218 appearances for us, he was a lynchpin in getting us out of the championship & into the premier lge, staying there & then winning the title, he was someone bought for pennies & sold for 35m so all the best to him where ever life takes him next.

• 2 weeks later...

Let him train with the 23s, if he impresses and shows a good mentality then a possible pay as you play deal.

But personally as much as I love Drinky I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough for what we want to be achieving nowadays. 

• Like 2

Let him train with us and If he genuinely wants to return to the club and proves it with hard work and determination then why not strike some sort of deal. 

Im sure coaches and Maresca would be able to see if this sort of interview is all smoke and mirrors and he is just desperate.

For me i think his time is done but im open to the idea if he proves himself

• Like 2