Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Danny Drinkwater

I wouldn't be averse to the idea of a DD return, though just to be very clear he'd need to show that he's capable of achieving the level of fitness required to contribute to a 46 game season and any deal would likely need to be a pay as you play or rolling 1 month contract. On his day he's a wonderful footballer who controls the tempo of a game.

I wouldn't hold the issues he's had during his time away from us against him. Clearly he's a complex character who needs structure and guidance, and let's be honest aside from making him very rich, Chelsea single handedly destroyed his career so I can see why he went off the rails. 

With regards to his character I don't see it being a problem. As long as he's not disruptive which I never felt he was during his previous spell, I actually think it can be a good thing to have lots of different personalities in the dressing room. It keeps people on their toes and stops everyone being clones of one another, which is something I think last seasons team were guilty of in terms of a core group of players being blinded by the BS that Brendan fed them which ultimately led them sleepwalking into relegation. Sometimes you need one or two players who give the rest of the group a reality check when needed. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I wouldn't be averse to the idea of a DD return, though just to be very clear he'd need to show that he's capable of achieving the level of fitness required to contribute to a 46 game season and any deal would likely need to be a pay as you play or rolling 1 month contract. On his day he's a wonderful footballer who controls the tempo of a game.

I wouldn't hold the issues he's had during his time away from us against him. Clearly he's a complex character who needs structure and guidance, and let's be honest aside from making him very rich, Chelsea single handedly destroyed his career so I can see why he went off the rails. 

With regards to his character I don't see it being a problem. As long as he's not disruptive which I never felt he was during his previous spell, I actually think it can be a good thing to have lots of different personalities in the dressing room. It keeps people on their toes and stops everyone being clones of one another, which is something I think last seasons team were guilty of in terms of a core group of players being blinded by the BS that Brendan fed them which ultimately led them sleepwalking into relegation. Sometimes you need one or two players who give the rest of the group a reality check when needed. 

With their forehead perhaps :)

• Sad 1

Him training here won`t be free or without risk of derailing our own training plans for promotion

People acting like soppy tarts because he was one of title winning team need to give their heads a wobble, we are not in a position to act like we having mates round for a charity event

Time to stop this mates outlook and get back to being tough with finances and personnel, as it looks like we are with staffing be shed

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I won the Premier League with Leicester before my life spiralled and I ended up in a prison cell – now I want Saudi move.

Drinkwater is without a club but has not ruled out a reunion with N'Golo Kante, who left Chelsea for Al-Ittihad. 

If I was to team up again with Kante, the team knows they’ve got a Premier League-winning formula there. 

"If that’s something they are interested in then I’m game. I think bringing players like Benzema, Ronaldo and Kante to the country is massively attractive for other professionals as well.

has he spent the last year heading a medicine ball every day.

I hope the club aren't even looking at this. We've got a decent spine in the team now, let's look forward not back.

If we had to delve back in to our recent history, I'd rather see if Lennon can still run for 90 minutes over Drinkwater.

Bad advice from his agent too leaving us, his agent probably sold the move more to him. A good football advisor would have said Chelsea was a step too far for him and Leicester was about his level. If you got your agent telling you things like "Join Chelsea it's a bigger club, earn extra £££, challenge for the title, live in London, play alongside the very best, champions league football, better chance to receive England call ups"... he missed out the part where he mentioned about... Chelsea already had about 6 or 7 midfielders already, he wasn't exactly the best player at the foxes anyway and was going to be more of a back up signing.  

On 03/07/2023 at 08:42, ian__marshall said:

Another way of saying a wank3r then? 

Edited by South Shire Fox

21 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

I won the Premier League with Leicester before my life spiralled and I ended up in a prison cell – now I want Saudi move.

Drinkwater is without a club but has not ruled out a reunion with N'Golo Kante, who left Chelsea for Al-Ittihad. 

If I was to team up again with Kante, the team knows they’ve got a Premier League-winning formula there. 

"If that’s something they are interested in then I’m game. I think bringing players like Benzema, Ronaldo and Kante to the country is massively attractive for other professionals as well.

has he spent the last year heading a medicine ball every day.

When i read that article it actually made me lose complete respect for him. He's so deluded and arrogant. No humility so he doesn't deserve the privilege of playing professional football going forward.

• Like 1

you could always tell he was on the brink of being a tw@t when he played for us. Just about managed to keep it caged and be professional but there were alway comments that made you think it. 

I think there was a press conference when we were in the championship and nige said he was difficult and complex or something along those lines and It seemed an odd thing to say about an in favour player but there were always personality challenges 

21 hours ago, Simonb said:

I hope the club aren't even looking at this. We've got a decent spine in the team now, let's look forward not back.

If we had to delve back in to our recent history, I'd rather see if Lennon can still run for 90 minutes over Drinkwater.

Davie Gibson might be worth a run out? 

• Haha 1

On 03/07/2023 at 08:40, st albans fox said:

How is this on page 6!

To be fair, all of page 2 is people going, "how is this on page 2?"; all of page 3 is... you get the idea.

• Haha 2