Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Danny Drinkwater

Part of the best ever midfield partnership in the hstory of the club - but things, and we have moved on since 2016. Personally think anyone who drink drives is a disgrace, for that reason only he can sling it. Don't play the easy mental health card either, he was on about £150K a week at Chelsea so no issues funding a cab home. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Part of the best ever midfield partnership in the hstory of the club - but things, and we have moved on since 2016. Personally think anyone who drink drives is a disgrace, for that reason only he can sling it. Don't play the easy mental health card either, he was on about £150K a week at Chelsea so no issues funding a cab home. 

im all for second chances. Danny Simpson, for example made a couple of terrible mistakes but he got his act together and moved on with his life.  He became an exemplar professional.

I just need convincing Drinky has moved on from that phase of his life..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, MPH said:

im all for second chances. Danny Simpson, for example made a couple of terrible mistakes but he got his act together and moved on with his life.  He became an exemplar professional.

That’s fine and all.

I need convincing he can actually still play!

Edited by marbles
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

The last time he actually played a decent game was 7 years ago, I’m convinced he is washed up 

• Like 1

Sorry loved the guy in that title year,and build up seasons

But now too much written in this sector on the subject…

Far, far better other great potential to pick up through the divisions….

And he was never a Kante or Vardy…

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The last time he actually played a decent game was 7 years ago, I’m convinced he is washed up 

And that’s ok, but it wasn’t the point I was responding to

I still want a full apology for him cupping his ears when he scored in a defeat, yes a defeat at Charlton yep I'm still raging about it.

Before he's even allowed to step foot back in the building lol

Sorry mate I'm sure you have issues maybe ask Nige if he wants you at Bristol cuz he seed to be able to manage them.

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I still want a full apology for him cupping his ears when he scored in a defeat, yes a defeat at Charlton yep I'm still raging about it.

Sorry mate I'm sure you have issues maybe ask Nige if he wants you at Bristol cuz he seed to be able to manage them.

If Pearson wanted him again he would have been there last season, his reputation is shot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Thought that was at Middlesborough first game of the season the year we got promoted? Vardy did the same 

Honestly think his name must be dirt in the game now or surely someone like Salford would have offered him a deal? Maybe they have and he thought he was above it, but going a full season without a club at all is a bit unusual.

Edited by ealingfox

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Honestly think his name must be dirt in the game now or surely someone like Salford would have offered him a deal? Maybe they have and he thought he was above it, but going a full season without a club at all is a bit unusual.

Even Saudi Arabia don’t want him

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thought that was at Middlesborough first game of the season the year we got promoted? Vardy did the same 

Nope definitely did it at the valley. Pretty sure it was the game Michael Morrison and yann fuxking kermagant scored for them. Drinks got the reply cupped his ears at the whole away end in 13/14

7 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Nope definitely did it at the valley. Pretty sure it was the game Michael Morrison and yann fuxking kermagant scored for them. Drinks got the reply cupped his ears at the whole away end in 13/14

Yeah was definitely this. There was a meltdown pre match when everyone seen Vardy was starting lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

He has had offers, just not at the level he thought he was at.

25 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Fair enough. He deffo did it at Middlesborough first game of the season aswell. Alan Young was saying he needed to wind it in 😂

• Haha 1

On 03/07/2023 at 15:48, Simonb said:

I hope the club aren't even looking at this. We've got a decent spine in the team now, let's look forward not back.

If we had to delve back in to our recent history, I'd rather see if Lennon can still run for 90 minutes over Drinkwater.

At Leicester and Celtic in the latter stages of his career he rarely ran out of the centre circle. Nobody else could get near the ball in that small space, but it is quite a small space, probably about the same size as the bar area in his local pub.

• Haha 1