Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Danny Drinkwater

5 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Christ.

Winced at playing in the Championship again, but would do it for us...

Does he genuinely think he's above that level at present?

He's always been deluded about his ability. A pretty average midfielder at best, though he did have a good long pass in his game.

51 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

No problem letting him train with the under 21s like we are letting Liam Moore do

As long as he doesn’t start trying to fight the kids like he did with Chelsea

Not exactly a good egg though, probably not the greatest example to impressionable youngsters.

Down on his luck, but rich beyond his wildest dreams.

31 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Yeah that special he pretended to be injured so he didn’t play and also drove himself to Chelsea for a medical without permission 

The club knew fully of his problematic hip injury and don't think we stood in his way because of it

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Personally think he needs more help than a football club can give him. 

Knowing his history he looks suspiciously 'puffy' here... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

The thug made his bed, now its time for him to lie in it. League one awaits 

"thug" ?? Our most successful team included two players who were done for assault lol

But it makes me laugh. Football fans take the piss out of players who have won nothing. Yet Drinkwater moves onto a club to try and win more and gets laughed at because it went wrong. I'm sure we'd all take the chance of moving on to a better job if it meant more success and more money.

It's tough to see players drop off the clip. See Dele Alli's interview recently.

Our title winning team gave us something we all thought would never happen. I wish the players who contributed to it were treated better by our fans, regardless of how they left the club.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Again:

“The 33-year-old has not played a competitive game of football since playing on loan for then Championship side Reading on April 30 2022, and has been without a club since”.

Holy **** I had no idea he was 33. Here's me chatting thinking he was still in his twenties 😂

Then for me it is an absolute no. I wouldn't want to hinder a younger players game time to fit Drinkwater back in

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

"thug" ?? Our most successful team included two players who were done for assault lol

But it makes me laugh. Football fans take the piss out of players who have won nothing. Yet Drinkwater moves onto a club to try and win more and gets laughed at because it went wrong. I'm sure we'd all take the chance of moving on to a better job if it meant more success and more money.

It's tough to see players drop off the clip. See Dele Alli's interview recently.

Our title winning team gave us something we all thought would never happen. I wish the players who contributed to it were treated better by our fans, regardless of how they left the club.

Drinkwaters been involved in numerous off field skirmishes, hes the definition of a thug 😂. The driving down to Chelseas training ground and handing in a transfer request on deadline day to leave us in the shit will always leave a sour taste unfortunatley. As well as all his off field general bellend behaviour

• Sad 1