Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess it's just equivalent to us buying a new pair of trainers and paying for them through Klarna lol

The reason for using finance companies is to keep the asset register value lower and puts the cost straight in to the profit and loss account. This is done to improve cash flow, keeps you looking cash rich and therefore more appealing to buyers, because obviously King Power are about to sell up.

Or, we’re just skint. Or I have no idea but I was fun to make up. I’m going back to sleep.

If the club have been difficult and bargained hard then it will be worthwhile missing a pre-season trip in the long run. We have paid over the odds many times in the past and have been stung. The Italian/Turkey model can work, as we know. 

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I have very little to zero understanding of how these sort of business deals work, especially in football, but we are talking about sums of money the majority of the world can only dream about I suppose. 

I guess it's just equivalent to us buying a new pair of trainers and paying for them through Klarna lol

Makes sense and probably a better way to manage cash flow 

1 hour ago, kingpower said:

Forgive me for my naivety on such matters but why would we need creditors/financial underwriting to finance this deal or is that just normal practice these days allowing us to be more active in the market compared to if we were purely financing the deal ourselves?

Seems to be pretty standard, i seem to remember the fofana money coming to us in instalments.

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If the club have been difficult and bargained hard then it will be worthwhile missing a pre-season trip in the long run. We have paid over the odds many times in the past and have been stung. The Italian/Turkey model can work, as we know. 

I can't imagine he'd have been sent to Singapore even if it was confirmed the day he had his medical.

Just now, Lillehamring said:

I can't imagine he'd have been sent to Singapore even if it was confirmed the day he had his medical.

Exactly this, we are probably waiting till the lads are back in England to announce it so it doesn’t distract from their PR tour. 

27 minutes ago, YouShallNotFaes said:

Exactly this, we are probably waiting till the lads are back in England to announce it so it doesn’t distract from their PR tour. 

...this I  believe is the situation now, last week it was stated that it was all wrapped up and he was going to join up with his teammates, last week!!!

4 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Calling it now. Announcement video will be Mavididi standing in the arrivals lounge, with a sign saying ‘Welcome Home Foxes’ . Directed by Richard Curtis. He’ll embrace Whelan as if they’re star-crossed lovers. 

sounds far too creative for our socials team

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

no pressure buddy but you have to replace mahrez, barnes and maddison all in one go and if you aren’t replacing their output we are fuuuuuuuched

too late, first game one bad touch and he'll be called awful, shit and crap

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was announced Tuesday, a new month so the fee don't go out in July's budget maybe..  I don't know but wouldn't surprise me 

Weds at the open training session?

6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Weds at the open training session?

You never know with this club. Was just thinking they'll be holding off to push the funds into a new month but I don't know how tight things are