Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

Sources: Leicester City plotting to sign Montpellier star Stephy Mavididi
Leicester City, Lille and Brugge are plotting moves for Montpellier attacker Stephy Mavididi, sources have told Football Insider.

Leicester are keen to bring in some new wingers and the 25-year-old figures high up their wanted list.

Mavididi has impressed in Ligue 1 with Montpellier in the last couple of seasons.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-leicester-city-plotting-to-sign-montpellier-star-stephy-mavididi/

Leicester City are among the teams keen on signing Montpellier winger Stephy Mavididi, reports Football Insider.

Mavididi, 25, might be a familiar name to some Football League followers. The former Arsenal youngster previously spent time on loan with the likes of Charlton Athletic and Preston North End before leaving North London for Juventus in 2018.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/07/10/leicester-city-plotting-move-for-failed-arsenal-youngster-whos-made-his-name-in-europe/

His stats for the past few seasons, league only

Seems like just a pretty average at best winger in the French league, you would hope he would be able to put up better numbers in the Championship

2022/23 - Montpellier finished 12th

26 appearances, 14 starts

1,289 minutes played, 14.3 90s

4 goals and 2 assists

Goal contribution every 215 minutes

2021/22 - Montpellier finished 13th

30 appearances, 27 starts

2,315 minutes played, 25.7 90s

8 goals and 3 assists

Goal contribution every 210 minutes

2020/21 - Montpellier finished 8th

35 appearances, 23 starts

2,037 minutes played, 22.6 90s

9 goals and 0 assists

Goal contribution every 226 minutes

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

He's born in England, unless Derby is in France lol

Yeah but homegrown status is about playing for English clubs. If he hadn't done three years at an English club before 21 he wouldn't count. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but homegrown status is about playing for English clubs. If he hadn't done three years at an English club before 21 he wouldn't count. 

I didn't realise that, sorry @AKCJ :) I thought homegrown was based on where you are born.

• Like 2

Used to be a striker and still should be from what i've seen. Might be that our scouts think the same?

Had to deal with his Dad passing away just as he broke through at Juve which I imagine scuppered his development there. 

Loan would be nice!

Just now, AjcW said:

Used to be a striker and still should be from what i've seen. Might be that our scouts think the same?

Had to deal with his Dad passing away just as he broke through at Juve which I imagine scuppered his development there. 

Loan would be nice!

I highly doubt we're signing a guy with his stats to play up front while we've got Vardy, Daka and Iheanacho on the books and Piroe apparently being watched. 

It'll definitely be as a winger if its true which it probably isn't anyway, it's an absolute trash tier source. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I highly doubt we're signing a guy with his stats to play up front while we've got Vardy, Daka and Iheanacho on the books and Piroe apparently being watched. 

It'll definitely be as a winger if its true which it probably isn't anyway, it's an absolute trash tier source. 

Peter O'Rourke is fairly clued in contacts wise for the football league teams.