Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cole Palmer

42 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Didn’t @Sambiasso suggest a quality right winger?

he said we wanted mebude who was being touted to westerlo and az alkamarr i think we can take his info as null and void at this stage 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If you only look at the things that haven't worked out, then yeah. 

But there's plenty he has got right? I don't see the need to throw shade whenever an ITK 'might' not get it right.

In fact, it's not like we had everything agreed (if anything at all) with Mebude. Just because we wanted him doesn't mean it was a guarantee. 

i just dont take everything as gospel. People speak about the comments he's made as if they are facts... which we simply dont know if its true. 

No shade to him personally but who knows if its another person who once had info and now is throwing names to the wind and hoping something sticks 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

i just dont take everything as gospel. People speak about the comments he's made as if they are facts... which we simply dont know if its true

Yet you've just totally ruled out anything in future he says as 'null and void'. 

It's not up to him how people take the info. I won't speak for him as I don't even know him, but I'm guessing he puts the info out there with good intentions; how the info is received is out of his control (same goes for any ITK that posts here). If people choose to believe it, so be it. If not, again so be it. But I don't get why his name has to be dragged (as has happened in other threads) as if he's totally not credible when actually some stuff has gone on to be true. 

I think what people forget (or dismiss) about ITKs is that the info they give is unlikely to be at the final stage of the transfer process. We might be in talks with a specific player, but outside of that ITKs source is unknown, as in there may be 4 or 5 other clubs involved too... 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yet you've just totally ruled out anything in future he says as 'null and void'. 

It's not up to him how people take the info. I won't speak for him as I don't even know him, but I'm guessing he puts the info out there with good intentions; how the info is received is out of his control (same goes for any ITK that posts here). If people choose to believe it, so be it. If not, again so be it. But I don't get why his name has to be dragged (as has happened in other threads) as if he's totally not credible when actually some stuff has gone on to be true. 

I think what people forget (or dismiss) about ITKs is that the info they give is unlikely to be at the final stage of the transfer process. We might be in talks with a specific player, but outside of that ITKs source is unknown, as in there may be 4 or 5 other clubs involved too... 

Yeah and perhaps I came at it a little too harsh. But personally im just a bit tired of the endless fake itk attention seeking we've had on this forum.  There's enough doubt there for me to question things and when you get comments like "oh I knew but just wanted to let people enjoy the surprise"  cant help but think he's taking everyone for a walk.

Hopefuly thats not the case and its just a story of moving parts. But just for me I question when people are happy to speculate a few random names but then decide the concrete info they will be cryptic or not say anything... thats just attention seeking. Either go all in and tell people what you know or dont bother.  To list 5 names but then hold back the RW signing you do know is happening... doesnt seem to make sense to me. 

With mebude specifically though... I find it hard to beleieve the club... with enzo in charge, who knows exactly how good he is.. would be interested if he is only at the level of westerlo ... thats a no starter for me. 

Edited by Lambert09

If people are putting money on these and losing I would suggest stop doing that. If not, I don’t see any harm in it at all. @Sambiasso keep it coming. I think you know some stuff but I get things change. All good for me. A lot has been right. 👍

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

There's a long list of players we're interested in and majority will find different clubs.

Mebude might have wanted regular first team football and we couldn't assure him of that. We've seen other young talents take a similar road to go an prove themselves, if the lad does well he'll get a decent move in 12 months.

The omnishambles that is this Asia tour, bean counting over players leaving and essentially those at the Top having a 2 week jolly this close to the start of the season hasn't helped.

As you mentioned in another thread, this rebuild will take more than 1 transfer window.

Said previously in posts that don't take everything as gospel, I will be wrong at times. 

I've been getting info for nearly 12 months now, all my scouting, Jan window news and behind the scenes running of the club has been correct, clearly a couple of bits hasn't come off.

Steffen & Giles we're both reported by mainstream journos but they we're wrong too.

Steffen wouldn't be ready for the start of the season so we went elsewhere.

Giles chose a premier league team.

Still expecting atleast 6 more in before the deadline inc Mavididi :thumbup:

As I stated above, its nothing personal.  I just have trust issues after the years of false hopes weve had on here.  People welcome your posts and hopefully its with good intentions. 

i'll buy you a beer when you get a few more right  :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adster said:

It's not even about whether he was "right" though. The information may've been right at the time. But things change. Something that bedwetters on here clearly cannot comprehend. 

Or... the information may have never been right at anytime, and nothing changed.

As always, take whatever is said on here with a pinch of salt. This debate about "ITK's" happens every single window though and you will always have some that over criticise and some that overpraise. Unfortunately, you are swimming against the tide trying to ever change that. 

Also, I haven't wet the bed in a while and I am sure that goes for most on here. 

16 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Or... the information may have never been right at anytime, and nothing changed.

As always, take whatever is said on here with a pinch of salt. This debate about "ITK's" happens every single window though and you will always have some that over criticise and some that overpraise. Unfortunately, you are swimming against the tide trying to ever change that. 

Also, I haven't wet the bed in a while and I am sure that goes for most on here. 

But you don't know that though, so what's the point in dealing with assumptions? 

If you "take it with a pinch of salt" though as you say you do, then you have no right to moan on here when it doesn't turn out to be fact. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

But you don't know that though, so what's the point in dealing with assumptions? 

If you "take it with a pinch of salt" though as you say you do, then you have no right to moan on here when it doesn't turn out to be fact. 

Just as you don't know '...The information may've been right at the time. But things change.'

I was just playing devil's advocate with your own assumption, and I do agree with you on dealing in assumptions in general, however, this is a forum where most topics are dealt with in opinions and assumptions, and that will always be the case. 

I don't actually moan about ITK's, but I also don't subscribe to defending them either. As I said, "take with a pinch of salt" is always the best way to deal with most transfer window posts. Enjoy the info but don't get caught up in it all either way! 

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

No problem. 

Sometimes I'm asked not to mention certain players, that's why I can't name the RW atm.

Since the end of last season I've been asked not to leak negative info about the board and especially Rudkin, I've not posted about it since.

Do you rate whoever the RW is? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Don't know why I've done it to myself today but I've got the Community Sheild game on against Man City. Palmer played for them.

Not long until we lift the trophy 👀😂

Keep an eye on our left back, he could be the real deal 👀